It means Mongo at Recruiting Rundown will rank this kid high in his class for 4 years running and he will get invited to all the 'elite' garbage in the market just for the asking like 3d Jake Reed, the Rabil thing or the Nike Ride. The only valid reason I can think of for a parent wanting or pushing this is to secure a future status in lacrosse to get invited to events, keep getting publicized and hopefully also get re-recruited by colleges more selective than Penn State.

How long is the 'wait, let me think about it' moment when a kid who would otherwise go to Penn State could trade up for a Notre Dame, Duke, Ivy education? My over under is 3 seconds. Heck, by the time this kid is a high school upperclassman there's a chance Stanford and Cal have D1 teams.

I think I 'get it' that ER has the elements of cache where Casey Vock and Ty Xanders will follow your 13-14 year old sons around -- which is kind of creepy on many levels BTW -- and hype them out like fantasy lacrosse league characters. And, of course, it gets you a ticket to those exclusive and expensive to attend events. On any level it really something else?