BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,735
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 138 of 327 1 2 136 137 138 139 140 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The brinks truck carrying all that YJ money starts its traveling road show this weekend. Amazing how big they have gotten.

30 teams now probably grosses almost $1.5 - 2 million a year with camps and clinics. A monster business.

It's for sale.

What's your guess on her net? Put a multiplier of 4-8x on that and there is your asking price. Probably in the 2-4 million range WOW!!!! That would really narrow the field of bidders

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't fool yourselves all travel clubs are for sale , for the right price anyone of these clubs would sell , its a business .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The brinks truck carrying all that YJ money starts its traveling road show this weekend. Amazing how big they have gotten.

30 teams now probably grosses almost $1.5 - 2 million a year with camps and clinics. A monster business.

It's for sale.

What's your guess on her net? Put a multiplier of 4-8x on that and there is your asking price. Probably in the 2-4 million range WOW!!!! That would really narrow the field of bidders

Last years rumored price was 2 m .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's for sale.

That might be low but there is huge risk once she steps away and with new clubs starting up every year the talent pool gets diluted which long-term will affect their ability to consistently be a top program. Even top programs in soccer hve given ground to new start up academies. Dynasty's don't last forever, buy low, sell high!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's for sale.

That might be low but there is huge risk once she steps away and with new clubs starting up every year the talent pool gets diluted which long-term will affect their ability to consistently be a top program. Even top programs in soccer hve given ground to new start up academies. Dynasty's don't last forever, buy low, sell high!

The sticky point trying to sell would be to who? Get a high profile lacrosse player or current coach, that current parents and players would be comfortable with, I doubt there is a single one out there that could even come close to affording it, and I'm sure you couldn't find anybody to hold a note on it, sure CR wouldn't hold it. So now your left with business types or partners which will spook everyone right out of town instantly. YJ is what it is because of Carol, huge risk for anybody else to buy as it could unravel quickly without her. I know I would be very weary of any new owner taking over.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's for sale.

The sticky point trying to sell would be to who? Get a high profile lacrosse player or current coach, that current parents and players would be comfortable with, I doubt there is a single one out there that could even come close to affording it, and I'm sure you couldn't find anybody to hold a note on it, sure CR wouldn't hold it. So now your left with business types or partners which will spook everyone right out of town instantly. YJ is what it is because of Carol, huge risk for anybody else to buy as it could unravel quickly without her. I know I would be very weary of any new owner taking over.

From what i heard last years potential buyer backed out because a no compete clause wouldn't be signed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New club on long island the Bumble Bees directed by CR. For $2million plus you have to sign a non compete. To think she wouldn't have to is a joke. There is nothing proprietary about travel lacrosse. You and I can start a club tomorrow. Her name and the club name is the only thing worth anything since the kids are free agents every year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's food for thought why would a director who truly cared about her players and their parents allow freshman fourth team players to participate in a showcase tourny and sell it like they will get looks??? Let's get real folks if your not on BLUE your not getting looked at so don't waste your time or money! My daughter thankfully got smart and realized that she could get more out of camps and clinics at colleges then spending an entire weekend waiting for coaches to come watch her play for the 5 minutes that they are there. Does the kid touch the ball, does she make a mistake all the stress put on these younger kids. Save your $$ send them to camp. Let them interact with the college coach and see if they actually like the environment or atmosphere. There are many college camps where several coaches attend try those and stop putting money in CR pocket trust me she's not helping you your only helping her!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's food for thought why would a director who truly cared about her players and their parents allow freshman fourth team players to participate in a showcase tourny and sell it like they will get looks??? Let's get real folks if your not on BLUE your not getting looked at so don't waste your time or money! My daughter thankfully got smart and realized that she could get more out of camps and clinics at colleges then spending an entire weekend waiting for coaches to come watch her play for the 5 minutes that they are there. Does the kid touch the ball, does she make a mistake all the stress put on these younger kids. Save your $$ send them to camp. Let them interact with the college coach and see if they actually like the environment or atmosphere. There are many college camps where several coaches attend try those and stop putting money in CR pocket trust me she's not helping you your only helping her!!!!

Example of Lining CR and TW's Pockets: having to drive all the way to Ocean City to play in a crappy tournament and play two other YJ teams. Such a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because everyone deserves the opportunity. Go cry some more. Your baby might have to actually try harder

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A talented kid will always get an opportunity to play somewhere in college but the YJ's make it a bit easier. There are many ways to achieve your goals. I agree that playing on the 4th team doesn't really mean much do some camps make a video and then do the leg work and it should work out. If you are on the 4th team your probably only playing D3 in college anyway and most of those schools are either a walk on or a tryout so the YJ's and their travel and fees wasn't really needed except for your handful of practices

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should thank her for giving your kid a place to play , if she is on the 4th team there is a descent chance she does not make another travel club. Will she get recruited as easily as a top team kid no but again at least she is given the opportunity to go to these tournaments and participate on a team , make friends , access to stick skills etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A talented kid will always get an opportunity to play somewhere in college but the YJ's make it a bit easier. There are many ways to achieve your goals. I agree that playing on the 4th team doesn't really mean much do some camps make a video and then do the leg work and it should work out. If you are on the 4th team your probably only playing D3 in college anyway and most of those schools are either a walk on or a tryout so the YJ's and their travel and fees wasn't really needed except for your handful of practices

I would put the top 5 Division 3 schools against any D 1 Team.
They could run with the top 5 will probably loose . From teams ranked 5 to 10 they will get some wins. From ten on it is anyone game to win. Nothing wrong with D3 great experience good competition and a chance to enjoy college. Yes my Daughter is a D3 player, team made it to the NCAA final four for D3 and her experience was just as great as a D1 Player.Was the money I spent on travel worth it yes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They could run with the top 5 will probably loose . From teams ranked 5 to 10 they will get some wins. From ten on it is anyone game to win. Nothing wrong with D3 great experience good competition and a chance to enjoy college. Yes my Daughter is a D3 player, team made it to the NCAA final four for D3 and her experience was just as great as a D1 Player.Was the money I spent on travel worth it yes.

You are clueless , your top 5 D3 schools would have no chance against the stronger D1 schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will give you that Top D3 teams would have trouble with the Top D1 programs but if you don't think the perennial Top D3 girls programs couldn't ABSOLUTLY SMOKE the D1 teams ranked 50-100 you are kidding yourself. Nothing wrong with either choice but get down off your high horse until you truly understand how good some of these non scholarship D3 schools are. I am glad your kid got $8,000 to go play at #97 LIU Brooklyn but don't poo poo the rest. The bottom 50 this year

Colorado
Villanova
Oregon
San Diego St.
Holy Cross
Temple
La Salle
Drexel
George Washington
William & Mary
Robert Morris
Davidson
Lehigh
Lafayette
UC Davis
Wagner
Colgate
Binghamton
Monmouth
Marquette
Winthrop
Michigan
Bucknell
Central Conn. St.
Niagara
American
California
Longwood
Cincinnati
Columbia
George Mason
Siena
Old Dominion
Quinnipiac
Elon
Sacred Heart
Fresno St.
Campbell
Detroit
Manhattan
Iona
Saint Joseph's
St. Mary's (Calif.)
Liberty
Mt. St. Mary's
Stetson
Coastal Caro.
LIU Brooklyn
Saint Francis (PA)
St. Bonaventure
Presbyterian
Howard
Kennesaw St.
Delaware St.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only question I have is why do some YJ parents chase the D1 dream and send their kid to a poor academic, extremely low ranked lacrosse school as opposed to a strong academic strong lacrosse D3 school? Swallow that pride, its ok not to play D1 regardless of what the people you share a sideline with all summer say

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep Gettysburg vs. the likes of Penn, Louisville, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Penn State would be pickem's right? Hope you're not a betting man.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only question I have is why do some YJ parents chase the D1 dream and send their kid to a poor academic, extremely low ranked lacrosse school as opposed to a strong academic strong lacrosse D3 school? Swallow that pride, its ok not to play D1 regardless of what the people you share a sideline with all summer say

First answer this

why do some parents, whose kids are not good enough to play d1, bash the parents of the kids who are in fact good enough to play d1?

The answer is the same to both questions. I think you can figure it out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First answer this

why do some parents, whose kids are not good enough to play d1, bash the parents of the kids who are in fact good enough to play d1?

The answer is the same to both questions. I think you can figure it out.

Kennesaw St he we come!! D1 Baby!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same reason parents encourage their 8th-9th grade kids to ride the pine on varsity rather than playing the whole game on JV - so they can brag to their friends at the block party.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same reason parents encourage their 8th-9th grade kids to ride the pine on varsity rather than playing the whole game on JV - so they can brag to their friends at the block party.

Yeah, because you won't learn anything practicing 5X per week against established varsity players with instruction from the varsity staff + the extended season w/playoffs. How was the JV season?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Carol... National Draw schedule is out, your probably updating it as we speak ... pick yourself a nice bracket..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, because you won't learn anything practicing 5X per week against established varsity players with instruction from the varsity staff + the extended season w/playoffs. How was the JV season?

JV lacrosse- weak, crappy. Completely different level of lax than varsity. It is a stepping stone for talented 7-8th graders on their way to playing varsity. In most cases the level of coaching and development is night and day from the jr varsity level. If the opportunity is there and offers to move up, jump on it. The people not invited to do so will come up with excuses why you shouldn't, don't listen, DO IT!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel for all these girls whose parents can't figure out when to use:

There, their, they're
Your, you're
Than, then

These threads are hysterical. Hopefully you're as passionate about your daughters' educations as you are about living through their lacrosse exploits. Then maybe they'll succeed in life rather than be known only for what they did on the lax field. There is nothing wrong with their wanting to be great at lax, but remember they're kids. Let them have fun and please, for our future, teach them how to use words in the proper way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel for all these girls whose parents can't figure out when to use:

There, their, they're
Your, you're
Than, then

These threads are hysterical. Hopefully you're as passionate about your daughters' educations as you are about living through their lacrosse exploits. Then maybe they'll succeed in life rather than be known only for what they did on the lax field. There is nothing wrong with their wanting to be great at lax, but remember they're kids. Let them have fun and please, for our future, teach them how to use words in the proper way.

You forgot my favorite "would of " in place of "would have".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did all of YJ's teams do this weekend ? Anyone go undefeated?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep Gettysburg vs. the likes of Penn, Louisville, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Penn State would be pickem's right? Hope you're not a betting man.

Ok betting man here are some facts
according to Forbes best College list
1-Stamford D1
3-Princeton D1
4-Yale D1
5- Columbia D1 (not real good)
8-Harvard D1
9-Williams D3
10- M.I.T. D3
So according to you D 3 Schools not only have bad lacrosse, but are also bad academic schools……like M.I.T. …..yah that school sucks. 2 of those bad D3 schools are listed before any of the schools you mentioned. I for one would rather have my daughter go to Williams and play bad lacrosse and get a top education, even if she walked on or tried out, than go to Ohio State and come out a Barista that played good lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line who cares whether your kid goes D1 or D3 what's most important is the education they get. Yes some D3 teams can clearly beat some D1/D2 teams but at what point do we say who cares. My daughter played lacrosse made some great friends and some awesome memories...oh and got a college education. My oldest chose to use his academics to get himself into college instead if his peers who used athletics does it make him less of a man now..no way! My daughter chose a school to play lacrosse that suited her needs, had her major, liked the area and school oh and she knows she will step foot on the field to play bc it's her level. Put your pride aside people and open your eyes it's just a sport...yes some will respond that maybe my daughter wasn't good enough top 50...your probably right but I could care less and so could she. She's happy with her bottom of the barrel lax school she decided to go to, she loves her team and her school oh and yes she's getting the added perks of D1 but your right may never win a national title but hey at least she's getting an education!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2016 defo (the blue) got schooled by Topguns 13 to 6 ..... lets here the excuses parents ....... showcase we dont try ,, injuries ,, missing girls for S.A.T test and graduation....

Come On Man you got spanked...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2016 defo (the blue) got schooled by Topguns 13 to 6 ..... lets here the excuses parents ....... showcase we dont try ,, injuries ,, missing girls for S.A.T test and graduation....

Come On Man you got spanked...

Finally someone who says it the way it should be!!!

What's with all the pressures of Div.1,2or 3. So everyone can brag and show off. Seriously let you child be-stop trying to relive your sappy life through them.

When did sports become more important then an education?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you ever been on a YJ sideline???? The YJ's want every kid to commit and EARLY because its good for business.

The YJ's parents are toxic in school season. Why can't my 7th grader play up? She's on the YJ's Blue team you know. How about wait your turn like everyone else?

Every weekend over the summer these parents are trying to one up each other. My kid did this, oh yeah my, kid did that!

I wish each of these girls tons of success but these crazy parents are just toxic. PS i dont want to hear that your kid is playing at a D1 school that only requirement is that you have a pulse to get in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you ever been on a YJ sideline???? The YJ's want every kid to commit and EARLY because its good for business.

The YJ's parents are toxic in school season. Why can't my 7th grader play up? She's on the YJ's Blue team you know. How about wait your turn like everyone else?

Every weekend over the summer these parents are trying to one up each other. My kid did this, oh yeah my, kid did that!

I wish each of these girls tons of success but these crazy parents are just toxic. PS i dont want to hear that your kid is playing at a D1 school that only requirement is that you have a pulse to get in.

schools offer money and money talks and BS walks... go for the money

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]
1-Stamford D1
3-Princeton D1
4-Yale D1
8-Harvard D1
9-Williams D3
10- M.I.T. D3
So according to you D 3 Schools not only have bad lacrosse, but are also bad academic schools……like M.I.T. …..yah that school sucks. 2 of those bad D3 schools are listed before any of the schools you mentioned. I for one would rather have my daughter go to Williams and play bad lacrosse and get a top education, even if she walked on or tried out, than go to Ohio State and come out a Barista that played good lacrosse[/quote]

Just a hunch, but I bet you didn't go to Stamford, did you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]
1-Stamford D1
3-Princeton D1
4-Yale D1
8-Harvard D1
9-Williams D3
10- M.I.T. D3
So according to you D 3 Schools not only have bad lacrosse, but are also bad academic schools……like M.I.T. …..yah that school sucks. 2 of those bad D3 schools are listed before any of the schools you mentioned. I for one would rather have my daughter go to Williams and play bad lacrosse and get a top education, even if she walked on or tried out, than go to Ohio State and come out a Barista that played good lacrosse[/quote]

Just a hunch, but I bet you didn't go to Stamford, did you? [/quote]

Presuming he meant Stanford. smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1-Stamford D1
3-Princeton D1
4-Yale D1
8-Harvard D1
9-Williams D3
10- M.I.T. D3

Presuming he meant Stanford. smile [/quote]

We all knew what he meant. And we wonder why all us parents all hated?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know about the Hornets clinics coming up? Will an email be sent to parents or do the girls just show up. The website says ST. Pauls and PAL complex. Do the Suffolk girls just show up at the PAL complex on Wednesday.

Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know about the Hornets clinics coming up? Will an email be sent to parents or do the girls just show up. The website says ST. Pauls and PAL complex. Do the Suffolk girls just show up at the PAL complex on Wednesday.

Thanks
Stay away, get a tutor instead

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup, we got spanked for all the reasons you mentioned - some girls were taking the SAT exam, others were up at States with their HS teams and we had some injuries. Enjoy the win TG. Why you such a [lacrosse]?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks
Stay away, get a tutor instead

Suffolk girls go to PAL complex click on menu tab on hornets site. It starts Wednesday June 18th 5-7pm

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1-Stamford D1
3-Princeton D1
4-Yale D1
8-Harvard D1
9-Williams D3
10- M.I.T. D3

No as a matter of fact, I didn't, But seeing as you want to judge someone based on a key stroke error, lets see what we can read into you. Seeing as you wrote this at 10:30 in the morning I can only assume that you're a a house wife with nothing more to do but sit home and expand while you're husband goes out to work a long day, no doubt to evade the black hole at home. I wonder what you majored in at Suffolk Community College? how to marry well. Slow husband killing 101,or maybe the Y..J. housewife special- how to live through my kid while being fat and obnoxious.

Like Reply Quote
Page 138 of 327 1 2 136 137 138 139 140 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard