Bottom line who cares whether your kid goes D1 or D3 what's most important is the education they get. Yes some D3 teams can clearly beat some D1/D2 teams but at what point do we say who cares. My daughter played lacrosse made some great friends and some awesome memories...oh and got a college education. My oldest chose to use his academics to get himself into college instead if his peers who used athletics does it make him less of a man now..no way! My daughter chose a school to play lacrosse that suited her needs, had her major, liked the area and school oh and she knows she will step foot on the field to play bc it's her level. Put your pride aside people and open your eyes it's just a sport...yes some will respond that maybe my daughter wasn't good enough top 50...your probably right but I could care less and so could she. She's happy with her bottom of the barrel lax school she decided to go to, she loves her team and her school oh and yes she's getting the added perks of D1 but your right may never win a national title but hey at least she's getting an education!!!