"You are seriously insane. Completely crazy.

Would you still love your kid if he doesn't play D1 lax? Hope he doesn't end up with substance abuse issues because his dad was such an AH and he had no friends because dad commented one too many times about their play.

At the end of the day, my son is a great person. He is a great friend, a loving son, a good student, and a great teammate. All the things that really matter in life. Something you will never be. I hope it skipped a generation and your son won't be scarred by your insanity. BTW he is committed. You are the one who has no idea what the whole thing is about. He turned down an offer from a top lax school to go to a school that has academics that are in line with his goals. I am proud of him, and would be just as proud if he was not playing in college."

Actually, I think all the kids are fantastic, committed or not. I just think there is a lot of chest pounding and bragging by the PARENTS, which has led to unnecessary pressure and scrutiny of these young men. Whose going, where, how much money are you getting, etc. My comment was intended to point out how out of control it all is! And yes, my son is committed, but the chatter still continues! Parents living through there children, gossiping more than middle school mean girls!