Originally Posted by Anonymous
If lax is your kid's only way to ivy - guess what? He's labeled an academically sub par lax jock and won't and will not be capable of assimilating with the rest of academically worthy student body - you know, the students that have nearly perfect SATs and straight a's in all honor classes who are eager to excel in the classroom and are actually interesting. How sad for all you ivy chasers via lacrosse!! Believe me. I was there and everyone knew who those jocks were who otherwise didn't belong. They lived in a small athletic bubble within a huge dynamic university. So for all of you out there chasing the ivies via athletic recruitment - hope you're happy with the bumper sticker.

A couple points, if I may?
- as for someone who "was there"; I take it you are a fellow IVY a grad? If so; a very poor demonstration of the ability to convey your ideas in a coherent and substantiated manner on your part.

- if you were "there"; you would have noticed that there were many "sub cultures" that students migrated towards; be they based upon majors, clubs, athletics and even racial ethnicity. They all partook in the university experience in their own ways; as we continue to do in our current lives. Birds of a feather....

-labeling of other students based on their affiliations is pure bunk on your part and you may have been the one doing the labeling; which is usually done in a manner of extreme jealousy and or bias. Perhaps this is something that you continue to do evidenced upon your trivial rant noted above.

- sadly; it seems that your progeny may not be qualified for IVY Entrance in any case; as you continue to spew anti-athlete / vitriolic statements. Thus the animosity demonstrated on your part.

In closing; may I suggest a bit of counseling do address your apparent long term issues?

Have a great weekend!