Originally Posted by Anonymous
Now that the club season is over for most (Besides kids that are on national) I want to drop a pre-season Section 1 top-ten list

1. Rye - 5 high-level D1 commits, kept it close with Manhasset in the state semis without losing much going into this year.
2. Yorktown - Whole D1 defense returns, a bunch of very good offensive pieces back from last year. Goalie is exceptional.
3. Pleasantville - A smaller school but the whole team from last year returns after going 19-2. Can the role players take a step?
4. John Jay - Very good senior class but it's do or die. After this year it's a rebuild. The offense is good but can they get stops?
5. Scarsdale - FOGO is gone but there is still lots of talent left on the roster. They are well-coached but do they have the firepower?
6. Mamaroneck - I want to put them over Scaradale but I can't until they can take them down on the biggest stage. Lots of depth.
7. Somers - Underachieved last year. Should be hungry with a new coaching staff. Championship experience gained from football.
8. Horace Greeley - Whole team returns from last year. Need to see them against good comp. Talented, but are they well-coached?
9. Mahopac - Always a gritty bunch. They lose some firepower but are still a team you'd rather not see come playoffs.
10. Bronxville - Anchored by the best goalie in Section 1. Lots lost to graduation but there is always talent. Haldane is coming for them...

Hard to argue much of this list, especially top 5-6. I think this is the year Mamo breaks the Scarsdale curese, but it is down to those 2. Somers and Greeley are paper tigers right now. Somers underachieved and new coaching staff should put in some new energy - but that only goes so far if the admin doesn't stop listening to parents. i think they are better on paper than.... Greeley who needs to show something other than loading up goals on lesser teams. They committed to a stronger schedule, so let's see what that looks like and can they overcome it? Based on 2023 I'm skeptical until they show me otherwise - they need more seasoned coaching on that staff too.
Mahopac should scare everyone
Bronxville has the tools, but no coach yet. This will be an important hire for them.