Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Now that the club season is over for most (Besides kids that are on national) I want to drop a pre-season Section 1 top-ten list

1. Rye - 5 high-level D1 commits, kept it close with Manhasset in the state semis without losing much going into this year.
2. Yorktown - Whole D1 defense returns, a bunch of very good offensive pieces back from last year. Goalie is exceptional.
3. Pleasantville - A smaller school but the whole team from last year returns after going 19-2. Can the role players take a step?
4. John Jay - Very good senior class but it's do or die. After this year it's a rebuild. The offense is good but can they get stops?
5. Scarsdale - FOGO is gone but there is still lots of talent left on the roster. They are well-coached but do they have the firepower?
6. Mamaroneck - I want to put them over Scaradale but I can't until they can take them down on the biggest stage. Lots of depth.
7. Somers - Underachieved last year. Should be hungry with a new coaching staff. Championship experience gained from football.
8. Horace Greeley - Whole team returns from last year. Need to see them against good comp. Talented, but are they well-coached?
9. Mahopac - Always a gritty bunch. They lose some firepower but are still a team you'd rather not see come playoffs.
10. Bronxville - Anchored by the best goalie in Section 1. Lots lost to graduation but there is always talent. Haldane is coming for them...

Dont know if JJ is even top 10....

If they're not, then who is instead?

Bronxville should be higher. Somers and Greeley too high here, they might be in the next 10, but if I follow my own questions, I am not sure who i bring in to this top 10 from the rest of the section. Briarcliff should be in here Pelham too, they were an enigma last year but still a good team. I guess those two?
Haldane, Tappan Zee, Carmel, Lakeland in the mix but based on 2023, they'd still be behind Somers and Greeley but I think that is a group of the 11-20 for section 1