Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Thoughts on Great 8 tourney?

We were at Prime Time tournament and it was great competition. I did hear today that NJ Express and Towermen parents almost had a fight on the sideline during the finals? Let''s keep it classy Jersey.

What is Towerman?

A group that is soon called LE

Towermen NJ express argument during quarter finals. Couple of hot head blow hards but nothing physical. Towermen lost in finals to Laxachusetts by 6 but beat a very good 2way team. No dog in this fight but people have been predicting towermen would disband for years and they seem to be able to keep it going pretty well.
I hope Towermen survives. Leading Edge is screwing up north Jersey lacrosse. Destroying a team on the eve of their recruiting year. How many Towermen helmets at LE tryout? Over 5?

If the kids know what is right for them they would leave to bbl or LE before their recruiting summer anyways. College coaches recruit kids from programs with history. If you are outside the top 5/6 kids on TMen (those kids are getting recruited regardless) good luck getting on coaches radars. You will end up relying on what players at lesser clubs rely on, and it’s the expensive prospect days that are a dime a dozen.
Thoughts on Great 8 tourney?

We were at Prime Time tournament and it was great competition. I did hear today that NJ Express and Towermen parents almost had a fight on the sideline during the finals? Let''s keep it classy Jersey.

What is Towerman?

A group that is soon called LE

Towermen NJ express argument during quarter finals. Couple of hot head blow hards but nothing physical. Towermen lost in finals to Laxachusetts by 6 but beat a very good 2way team. No dog in this fight but people have been predicting towermen would disband for years and they seem to be able to keep it going pretty well.
I hope Towermen survives. Leading Edge is screwing up north Jersey lacrosse. Destroying a team on the eve of their recruiting year. How many Towermen helmets at LE tryout? Over 5?

If the kids know what is right for them they would leave to bbl or LE before their recruiting summer anyways. College coaches recruit kids from programs with history. If you are outside the top 5/6 kids on TMen (those kids are getting recruited regardless) good luck getting on coaches radars. You will end up relying on what players at lesser clubs rely on, and it’s the expensive prospect days that are a dime a dozen.

Bbl and LE kids on the he second lines have the same issue as back end Towermen. I would leave bbl, LE and Towermen if I am not on the field enough. You can get recruited at Blue Star or Tristate on the first line. Those clubs go to AA tournaments as well. Bench gets recruited but the same way all benches do at prospect days or D3 the next summer.

I am not the same poster but this isn’t true. I am pretty sure LE 2024 team has 22+ commits, most being d1. I don’t know how many other clubs are seeing that same result. I am sure some of it has to do with the clubs history and college relationships.

To say that being on the second line at LE or BBL is the same as the back end of other clubs shows you are probably new to this.[/quote

Go look at Blue Star and Tri State commits.2024 And Look at LE 2024 and BBL/Riot 2024 commits. All on the websites.
The difference in 2024 is LE and BBL/Riot have 3 amazing school recruits and Blue Star and Trisate have 1 amazing school recruit. After that, we don't have a huge difference in schools recruiting from these teams. They are all VERY GOOD schools but they are similar. Towermen players will be fine in 2026.