Originally Posted by Anonymous
About what? How rotation is done? I don’t think he should call out his team mates. I don’t even know if that is true (kids subbing themselves or my son’s perception !maybe the team was just short handed a coach.

Our past experience is the coach subbing, managing lines.

Thanks!

At the 2027 level, there should definitely be somebody managing the sidelines, If it was due to a coaching shortage, I would see how it goes when the coaching issue is resolved, if not, I would encourage your son to speak with the coach about the issue, good for his confidence, but also keeps you from being "that " parent, although, since you are looking for guidance for your son, as opposed to asking if you should speak with the coach, I sense that you understand the importance of having your son deal with the situation. That being said, as the kids get into high school, they typically handle subbing on their own, and there is definitely a bit of a hierarchy as to who is on the field. The older kids seem to self manage this relatively well, and at that point the parents start to understand what their kids roll is on the team, however, if the coach doesn't like the line-up on the field, they will correct it immediately (this seems to keep things in line as no kid likes to get yanked off the field). Also, as the kids get older, you start to see a little more focus on particular roles, i.e. SSDM vs. offensive midfielder, so things like subbing are not as much of an issue.