Originally Posted by Anonymous
Drexel coaching staff left and is now at Villanova

Drexel lost an excellent coach. The new coach has had a pretty good mentor for the past 5 or 6 years I believe.
IMHO the new coach will do a great job. Drexel is a good school with a lot to offer and I hope they can build on the success they had last year s it is good for the sport.
I am not ready to put them as a perineal Top 20 but they are a good program, certainly one on the rise.

Excellent opportunity for any student athlete who wants to
embrace it, Drexel would be a great fit for a lot of kids.

Best thing about is it is connected to UPenn so the kids can learn by osmosis

Funny. Drexel a great school! As is Penn of course. University City in Philly is happening these days. Such a change from years ago.

US News & World Report ranks Drexel as #103 for national universities, Penn is ranked #8....

I don’t recall anyone trying to compare Drexel to Penn or saying Drexel was a better school than Penn.

What is your point?

The statement above was- "Drexel is a great school! As is Penn of course." Not sure what their requirements are for great, but I thought the rankings spoke for themselves, apparently not. I do not think the 8th ranked and 103rd ranked schools both fit in the same category of being great. Perhaps an example from a lacrosse perspective will help make the point. The 8th ranked team in the RPI after last season was Florida and the 103rd was Lafayette, would you consider both of them "great" lacrosse programs? Drexel is on the rise from a lacrosse perspective and I think they can be a top 20 team on a regular basis, academics are just fine but not great. Sorry that bothers you...