Syosset-Our team has so many kids. While many see this as a benefit, think of how a kid may feel just being benched for every game? Shouldn't they limit the number of kids on the Varsity team? Syosset has a JV A and B team after all. Really who benefits from these kids sitting on sidelines? Not the kids!! And the parents are still responsible for the same $$ for Booster clubs, etc!!!
I really believe many of us are breathing a sigh of relief that JC is gone. Coaches aren't solely responsible for the teams wins either. Parents pay a pretty penny over many years on various teams and workshops to nurture talent. It doesn't just show itself in high school!!! Come on people!! What we need is a coach that is fair, just, smart and also tough-but in a way that brings out the ability of a team working together. Not all the emotional politics we have had to endure. I am writing in support of the board's decision.

------------

Oh, please find out what the word benched means in the context of a team sport. Non-starters are not benched.

Lastly, I am looking forward to you standing up at the podium on Monday night at the Syosset Board meeting and let your views be know in a non-anonymous forum.

Board of Ed meeting this Monday evening (July 11th) at 8 pm, South Woods.