Syosset-Our team has so many kids. While many see this as a benefit, think of how a kid may feel just being benched for every game? Shouldn't they limit the number of kids on the Varsity team? Syosset has a JV A and B team after all. Really who benefits from these kids sitting on sidelines? Not the kids!! And the parents are still responsible for the same $$ for Booster clubs, etc!!!
I really believe many of us are breathing a sigh of relief that JC is gone. Coaches aren't solely responsible for the teams wins either. Parents pay a pretty penny over many years on various teams and workshops to nurture talent. It doesn't just show itself in high school!!! Come on people!! What we need is a coach that is fair, just, smart and also tough-but in a way that brings out the ability of a team working together. Not all the emotional politics we have had to endure. I am writing in support of the board's decision.

--------------------------------

It is obvious that whoever wrote this post knows absolutely nothing about team sports and has never taken the time to understand team sports. So only starters benefit from being on the team? Really? How about a non-starter improving himself and earning a starting role on the team? Can't that happen? How about the scout squad - perhaps a thankless job but one that certainly contributes to the team.

Being on any HS sports team is a voluntary endeavor - nobody forcing a kid to be on the team. If the kid or parent don't think there is value in participating quite the team. If junior loves lacrosse so much I'm sure you can find an organization or league that is a good fit for him.

It's your narrow minded thinking that is creating the emotional politics that we all have had to endure. Even if your kid is on the team only to enhance his college application he is getting some benefit isn't he?

Life is competitive whether in academics, the arts, sports, work place, etc. Deal with it or have ur son quit the team.

You are responsible for dragging down a top notch program with your attitude.