Nassau County Championships - I saw all three games yesterday and 2 of the 3 were very exciting to watch. Here are some random thoughts from yesterday.

Game 1 - CSH vs. Oyster Bay - This game was over in the first ten minutes of the game. CSH moves the ball very well in transition and could have put up a lot more goals if they wanted to. They have their toughest game of the season up next against Mount Sinai. Should be a great one.

Game 2 - Syosset vs. Farmingdale - one of my favorite things was the Farmingdale boys team was wearing the Farmingdale girl's teams home jerseys - Lady Dalers on the front. Great school spirit. However the Dalers in their new black jerseys - AKA The Oakland Raiders - did not intimidate Syosset at all. Syosset was the deeper team and played a great all around game.

Game 3 - Wantagh vs. Manhasset - Wantagh came to play - especially their goalie who played lights out. Some things I did not like in this game - Manhasset coach constantly berating the refs, especially the time two players were down on the field and she was still arguing the call. Who does she think she is - Bill Tierney? If they had given her a card early, it would have kept her out of the game. Unfortunately - her tactics worked and the refs seemed to give her a lot of calls.

Adelphi is a great spot to watch the games and Saturday should be another 3 great games.