Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just would like to end on a positive note...kudos to the West Islip coach for not running up the score, subbing his players, and giving the weaker team a chance to feel positive about the game. We should all take a lesson from them!
Good for you guys, we are at a school that regardless of score only certain kids get to score. Kids are quitting in droves even mid season

Quitting mid-season says more about the kids than the coach. Since when did a coach have to be everyone's friend. I never really liked most of my coaches, they constantly tell you what you are doing wrong, but I would never quit because of it. I don't know the exact situation but sounds like kids being brats more then some evil coach.

I agree life is tough and you should stick it out but if you can't work the bench in when you are up by double digits that's on the coach and the program. What's the point of practicing hard if you never get a chance in a game? Keep gearing the program towards the top handful and eventually that's all that will be left!