Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts397,328
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 277 of 284 1 2 275 276 277 278 279 283 284
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
DCE definitely added some missing pieces. They picked up a great FOGO and also probably the best goalie in the area. Goalie just won Pinnacle for them with a coast 2 coast goal. DCE will be extremely tough to beat (good bunch of kids and parents too).

Who is the best goalie in the area?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unless the NL goalie moved this is fake news.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCE definitely added some missing pieces. They picked up a great FOGO and also probably the best goalie in the area. Goalie just won Pinnacle for them with a coast 2 coast goal. DCE will be extremely tough to beat (good bunch of kids and parents too).

What goalie? What fogo? Where did they play before? Do you consider the pinnacle challenging?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HoCo represented well with two champs at Pinnacle. DC Express and Team MD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Overrated

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What goalie? What fogo? Where did they play before? Do you consider the pinnacle challenging?
Not a particularly strong event. Quite soft in fact. But as far as DMV teams go, as a previous posted noted, they had a significantly better summer than their two DMV Brethen, Next Level and Madlax (including the Burrito Supremes). They beat 9-10 teams ranked in the top 25, and the games they lost were against mostly top 10-15 teams (Express North, Leading Edge 2x, Kings, etc) and by tight margins (1-2 goals). Could have been a spectacular summer had they stolen a few wins from this top elite teams.

Doesn’t matter, it’s now off to high school for these boys and much will change for all these clubs over the next 12 months

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Uh oh, it's a goalie dad-off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks who is here .. Hi Goalie Dad ! Thanks for letting us know for 1000th time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this for real? This is one of the key Red Hots directors and people send their kids to this guy and their teams? I would never send my kid to a program where people have this type of background.

Dear Mom, stop posting stuff and replying to your own posts just to try to create some outrage. Nobody cares that the director of red hots was arrested for a Mary J offense 5 years ago. It's legal now and something like 70% of Marylanders are users, and we all know you have your own stash of edibles for those pool parties with the other parents. I'm sorry I got cut from Red Hots National but this year I promise I'll hit the wall. Now please stop embarrassing me!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reclassing for lacrosse isn’t a thing in CA, CO or OH like it is in FL and the Northeast. While some of the Resolute players may be summer birthdays, they aren’t true “reclasses” born in 2009 like we will see next year for teams like Laxachusetts, Crabs, Sweetlax, BBL, Primetime, 91, Express, etc. This 7th-8th grade year is the biggest size difference between pre and post pubescent teens of the same age. So don’t assume that big means old - yet.

Sure, Jan. My son lost his roster spot on a national team to a CA kid who is a 2x reclass. Great kid, good athlete, great family and at a foot tall and 50lbs+ my son's size at the time, I would pick him for a club roster too. It would be fool not to!

A number of the more talented Oregon (private school) lax kids are reclassed as well. Very small number - maybe a dozen total - but they're the kids (in the 2022-2025 grad classes from that region) who are featured online and when recruited, featured in magazines.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has FCA not played in a month? Don't get me wrong, that seems like a blissfully early end to summer lacrosse, it just seems odd but that's what it looks like from USCL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks who is here .. Hi Goalie Dad ! Thanks for letting us know for 1000th time

No it’s usually the Madlax clown dad boasting about his son on here, who watches 13-14 go by on occasion…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has FCA not played in a month? Don't get me wrong, that seems like a blissfully early end to summer lacrosse, it just seems odd but that's what it looks like from USCL.

FCA doesn't play in July. 3 tournaments and they are done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Glorious. #1 program in the area regardless of rankings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Glorious. #1 program in the area regardless of rankings.
If you want a dad coach and get overlooked by Calvert Hall kids....have at it!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland movement so far. MD fogo who played with 2 way was not asked back apparently. Hawks seems to have lost a few to other elite teams. Hearing crabs picked up some players from PA, maybe reclasses. FCA making the biggest gains. Not sure clippers had the stream in AAA to draw in any real talent. DCE and ML will be about the same. Wondering if high school choices played into any movement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Incorrect from word one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Incorrect from word one.

Dude you have to use the Quote button, not Reply. There are dozens of posts this could be referring to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I gave you time to point out what was incorrect. Clearly others who visit this site would jump at the chance to point out incorrect information. Their silence speaks loudly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland movement so far. MD fogo who played with 2 way was not asked back apparently. Hawks seems to have lost a few to other elite teams. Hearing crabs picked up some players from PA, maybe reclasses. FCA making the biggest gains. Not sure clippers had the stream in AAA to draw in any real talent. DCE and ML will be about the same. Wondering if high school choices played into any movement.

My son heard rumors about players moving among DCE, NL, and MadLax. movement among those rosters ont he bottom third of the rosters chasing playing time is to be expected, but did any starters change from one of those teams to another?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I gave you time to point out what was incorrect. Clearly others who visit this site would jump at the chance to point out incorrect information. Their silence speaks loudly.

your inability to figure out the "Quote" button speaks louder. No one has any idea what you're talking about and what specifically is "incorrect." Go to the post you have an issue with, use "Quote", and specify what your issue with that post is. This message board design is from like 1998, you should be able to handle this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son heard rumors about players moving among DCE, NL, and MadLax. movement among those rosters ont he bottom third of the rosters chasing playing time is to be expected, but did any starters change from one of those teams to another?

No, there were rumors of something bigger but the players who moved were all on the roster bubble. A number of the ML players went to other tryouts but found rosters already full or otherwise a lack of mutual interest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, there were rumors of something bigger but the players who moved were all on the roster bubble. A number of the ML players went to other tryouts but found rosters already full or otherwise a lack of mutual interest.
This is correct as far as I know. ML kids were out at all the tryouts, but there just weren’t/aren’t many spots a bailable, both NL and DCE rosters are solid. I did hear that DCE has officially filled their gap at FOGO (a kid who played 2Way and Red Hots I’m told) and the FOGO from NL went to Madlax due to a loss of playing time. Other than that, some kids who are looking to find playing time might have jumped around, but no starters as the pp noted

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is correct as far as I know. ML kids were out at all the tryouts, but there just weren’t/aren’t many spots a bailable, both NL and DCE rosters are solid. I did hear that DCE has officially filled their gap at FOGO (a kid who played 2Way and Red Hots I’m told) and the FOGO from NL went to Madlax due to a loss of playing time. Other than that, some kids who are looking to find playing time might have jumped around, but no starters as the pp noted

That FOGO's parents have had him on the roster of 5 elite clubs and 2 MIAA schools in the last 12 months. He's extremely talented and I hope his parents let him settle into some high level success this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With everybody (even True rosters) kind of settled in to next year's rosters, I was thinking about the DOA/folded clubs from the 2028s over the years....and maybe the promises from all their directors and coaches. Who am I missing (2028s only)?

Predators - folded 2028 team
Mesa-MD - folded - all
Diamondbacks - folded - all
Sidewinders - purchased by Clippers
MDX - purchased by Rebels
Cavs - folded 2028
Fallston - folded 2028 after True hired coaches
Coppermine - folded all boys teams
Mason Dixon - purchased by True
Kelly Post - 2028 purchased by True
Cutters - purchased by True
Hoco Pink/Black - hearing they have folded 2028 teams, even though offering a HS program
Blue Claws AAA - headed to new John Carroll club
Saltwater
Coastal - seems like they were just bought by True
VA Crabs
Koopers - bought by True
Looneys (technically 2027)

Rec Club Teams Aged Out: Ville, Forest Hill, LTLC, Swarm, Westminster (I think they were MYLA only).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody ever put some thought in to what % of each club (whether DMV or Baltimore) goes to each specific HS?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With everybody (even True rosters) kind of settled in to next year's rosters, I was thinking about the DOA/folded clubs from the 2028s over the years....and maybe the promises from all their directors and coaches. Who am I missing (2028s only)?

Mesa-MD - folded - all
Cavs - folded 2028
Hoco Pink/Black - hearing they have folded 2028 teams, even though offering a HS program
Saltwater
VA Crabs
Koopers - bought by True

Rec Club Teams Aged Out: Ville, Forest Hill, LTLC, Swarm, Westminster (I think they were MYLA only).

VLC shut down for a year or two and then held tryouts to get a new team going for the upcoming season. It will be interesting to see if they have enough players to get off the ground.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mesa-MD - folded - all
Cavs - folded 2028
Saltwater
VA Crabs
Koopers - bought by True

VLC shut down for a year or two and then held tryouts to get a new team going for the upcoming season. It will be interesting to see if they have enough players to get off the ground.

I am curious if VLC can get it back together. What blows my mind is all of the clubs bought by True!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mesa-MD - folded - all
Cavs - folded 2028
Saltwater
VA Crabs
Koopers - bought by True

I am curious if VLC can get it back together. What blows my mind is all of the clubs bought by True!

Any idea how many clubs 3step has bought?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mesa-MD - folded - all
Cavs - folded 2028
Saltwater
VA Crabs
Koopers - bought by True

VLC held tryouts for a 2028 team last summer as well, and not enough guys showed up to field a team. Can't imagine why this year would be different, especially with Black Wolf trying to start a 2028 team, too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mesa-MD - folded - all
Cavs - folded 2028
Saltwater
VA Crabs
Koopers - bought by True

VLC held tryouts for a 2028 team last summer as well, and not enough guys showed up to field a team. Can't imagine why this year would be different, especially with Black Wolf trying to start a 2028 team, too.
. How would anyone know Blackwolf is trying to start a team? I just checked their website and it says 2017 Coaching staff….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The funny thing about the FOGO position is that an elite level team should have at least two full timers, plus a third who takes practice reps and is ready to go. But it seems like the good FOGO's think the position is too crowded if a team carries more than one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody ever put some thought in to what % of each club (whether DMV or Baltimore) goes to each specific HS?

MIAA starters generally are on the top clubs. 2nd line and below are all over the place.. riding the bench at elite (HS club high AA), contributing at low or mid AA teams, or starting at A level clubs. Lots of Hawks go to Spalding, CRabs to BL, FCA to CHC. But anymore it's a mix. There literally aren't enough High AA players to fill the rosters at the MD and DMV schools. But you ain't gonna/play much at school if your club is True Directional Variant. School coaches see those bright Crabs and FCA helmets at fall workouts!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mesa-MD - folded - all
Cavs - folded 2028
Saltwater
VA Crabs
Koopers - bought by True

. How would anyone know Blackwolf is trying to start a team? I just checked their website and it says 2017 Coaching staff….

Rough Riders is the same...True bought the PA club and, the website and social media for the MD club hadn't been updated in 3? years. But my son said they're holding tryouts lol. You can be sure if a college coach emails then about your son, they'll sure be on top of it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mesa-MD - folded - all
Cavs - folded 2028
Saltwater
VA Crabs
Koopers - bought by True

The Blackwolf guy might be the only one who can rival Cabell Maddux for Clown of the Year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mesa-MD - folded - all
Cavs - folded 2028
Saltwater
VA Crabs
Koopers - bought by True

The Blackwolf guy might be the only one who can rival Cabell Maddux for Clown of the Year

In what way? Don't know anything about him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
predators and cavs folded? didnt they play on the island this summer? like a month agao

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC could not field a 2028 team for the 24/25 year. That makes it 2 years in a row!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
predators and cavs folded? didnt they play on the island this summer? like a month agao

Cavs hasn't been around for a while - VLC bought them a few years ago, they had two solid 2028 teams for a year, and then they ran the whole thing into the ground with gross mismanagement and organizational incompetence.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any movement between A and B on DMV teams?

Like Reply Quote
Page 277 of 284 1 2 275 276 277 278 279 283 284
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard