BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,264
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 47 of 53 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 52 53
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is old news. Lets pick a new topic. Like tryouts...Which teams are the teams "to be on"? Which ones should be avoided and why?

At this moment, avoid the Express teams, especially 2025 Express CoachC team 😂

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, Express and WSYL still have not taken responsibility for the out of control racist mom. Another statement by the Iroquois was just posted. Time for the mom and organization to step up and apologize!

You really think they would? IL put out an article about it yesterday. Express CoachC 2025 parents were quiet as church mice at this past tournament.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Avoid team 91 shock......the kid from Texas flew back home

Wait, didn't they say he was a special circumstance because he made the team last year and it was cancelled due to covid? And he played for Team 91 for years? (laughable) He's been living in TX for 2 years and all NE and East region teams had to play on the same day/same fields in March 2021(in Delaware) to qualify for 2021 WSYL. And submit most recent school report card and birth certificate for proof of residence. Did they fly the kid in to qualify for the March 2021 qualifiers? The kid even used his Woodland TX team photo for his WSYL Tops cards. Team 91 had to fly a kid in from TX to win. Smh

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
My son plays for the Checkmate team. I have been very happy with the program. The coaching is players and former players of Adelphi with Gordon Purdie being the overall head coach of the program. Gordon's son who just graduated from Adelphi is coaching the 2025 team. I am impressed. In the covid era, with regulations loosened and practicing allowed I have seen a vast improvement in my son. Now, if you are looking for high intensity, pressure-filled program Checkmate is probably not for you. They are about teaching kids the fundamentals of the game. The pure enjoyment of the game. Best of luck with your final choice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, Express and WSYL still have not taken responsibility for the out of control racist mom. Another statement by the Iroquois was just posted. Time for the mom and organization to step up and apologize!

Was it a mom??

Pictures out there seem to show she isn't a mom of a player on Express.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question: Did 91 have 2024's on their 2025 roster at WSYL? Reason I ask is because a few kids with Shock helmets played at a Blatant tourney this weekend with their Town Jerseys on that said their names along with "2024" on the back of them. I know it is aged based and not Grad year but still makes you say "Hmmmmmmmm"

Definitely happened, yes siree, absolutely, without a doubt, you caught them and solved the puzzle. I hear it was like 10 of them, all secret 2024s. That’s the explanation for the whole thing. Got it
This is old news. It's widely known that the 24 wolfpack goalie was playing with them along with others. On age, but 24s.

Old news and they didn't add anything to the team. It was the 2025s that won it.
Who cares what grade any kid is in?!?!? as long as they are on AGE.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was it a mom??

She 100% is a mom of a backup middie on Express. Stop trying to say otherwise. People know her in and around the team and Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which LI "A" teams are worth a look?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Lancerussell
My son plays for the Checkmate team. I have been very happy with the program. The coaching is players and former players of Adelphi with Gordon Purdie being the overall head coach of the program. Gordon's son who just graduated from Adelphi is coaching the 2025 team. I am impressed. In the covid era, with regulations loosened and practicing allowed I have seen a vast improvement in my son. Now, if you are looking for high intensity, pressure-filled program Checkmate is probably not for you. They are about teaching kids the fundamentals of the game. The pure enjoyment of the game. Best of luck with your final choice.

Thanks for this. I don't want my son in the hyper-crazy teams, but I saw the Checkmate team play recently and I didn't think they looked very prepared or good. I don't mean any offense but I'm hoping to find some middle ground on a team that is a bit more competitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone going to Albany next week for the NYS Regional Championship tournament?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was it a mom??

She 100% is a mom of a backup middie on Express. Stop trying to say otherwise. People know her in and around the team and Island.

If that is the case, and it isn't who many are saying it is, then they should just make a statement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was it a mom??

Feel bad for that kid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was it a mom??

If that is the case, and it isn't who many are saying it is, then they should just make a statement.

I know we can't use names here but who are these "many" and how are they saying it was? Be vague.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was it a mom??

Guilty until proven innocent, eh?
Wrong. Don’t agree. Go away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was it a mom??

I know we can't use names here but who are these "many" and how are they saying it was? Be vague.

Not sure who the many referenced are, but it isnt hard to look at the woman

Was it a mom??

If so innocent, wouldnt make a simple statement saying it was a misunderstanding?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was it a mom??

If innocent MAKE A STATEMENT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All the decent 2025 didn’t try out since they where at WSYL. heard they are still trying to recruit kids.

Last edited by JMLax1; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was it a mom??

Okay, Express Parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All the decent 2025 didn’t try out since they where at WSYL. heard they are still trying to recruit kids.

Surely there are good players who aren't on the top few teams. Guess maybe your won is on one of those top teams.

If they are still recruiting maybe the WSYL kids can go after all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Weren't the initial tryouts well before the WS?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Weren't the initial tryouts well before the WS?

They were. Nassau boys were June 21-24. I think Suffolk were around then too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true. There are WSYL kids playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't go to team 91 shock....the kid from Texas flew home

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wasn’t this joke already made?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Regulators were the only club team to show up. Congratulations, now you could pay an extra $500 for another lax tournament!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wasn’t this joke already made?

It's still laughable!!!! 🤣😂🤣

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why isn’t Team 91 being held accountable for their behavior at WSYL banquet? How many more apologies from Jake before he has to do something?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why isn’t Team 91 being held accountable for their behavior at WSYL banquet? How many more apologies from Jake before he has to do something?

Team 91 was not involved. It was an Express parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Umm, A teams are not built at tryouts I my opinion. They seem to recruit all year. The tryouts at the bugger clubs are for the 2nd and 3rd teams. However, 2nd tier A teams will add via tryouts. Interestingly there is definitely a AA, A and B tier on LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is pretty disrespectful to the kids that played. Maybe they don't have the time, money or desire to play for the so called elite travel organizations. There were a lot of solid players at the 2025 on both sides. If you looked close enough plenty of GC helmets. Last I checked they are still one of the best public programs around regardless of travel. WSYL is the one that screwed this up by hosting a do over for u14 so they wouldn't have to refund the clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Umm, A teams are not built at tryouts I my opinion. They seem to recruit all year. The tryouts at the bugger clubs are for the 2nd and 3rd teams. However, 2nd tier A teams will add via tryouts. Interestingly there is definitely a AA, A and B tier on LI.
None. 2025 teams current players almost all come back. You'll most likely being offered a spot on their second level teams. The problem with most organizations 2nd tier teams are coaching and commitment. You'll really have to do your homework to find out who is coaching and what is being offered. From what I've seen of the 2025's none of the second teams seem to be an attractive alternative. On top of that they want you to pay the same tuition as their top tier team. Doesn't make sense to me but some people still do it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is pretty disrespectful to the kids that played. Maybe they don't have the time, money or desire to play for the so called elite travel organizations. There were a lot of solid players at the 2025 on both sides. If you looked close enough plenty of GC helmets. Last I checked they are still one of the best public programs around regardless of travel. WSYL is the one that screwed this up by hosting a do over for u14 so they wouldn't have to refund the clubs.

There are lots of A and AA players on non-A and AA teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are lots of A and AA players on non-A and AA teams.

Just like there are lots of B and C players with rich parents on the A and AA teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trying out for teams can never hurt. 100,150 bucks, a couple days of lacrosse. That’s not bad. When you make a team(everybody makes a team that wants to pay) this is more complicated. This is a big financial and time consuming thing for a family. My advice is ask questions to people who are currently on the team. Is the coach great? Is he committed? Does your kid actually get better from his practices? Does he care about all the kids or just the few people in the political loop? Do they practice all winter? Lots of these teams have 10 midfielders, 8 attack, 8 defense, 2 goalies, 1 or 2 fogos. The games are running time 40 to 45 minutes. How is play time allocated? It’s 29 tuitions being paid. I’m sure a good portion of the 29 parents feel like they are being screwed. So like I said ask questions. Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trying out for teams can never hurt. 100,150 bucks, a couple days of lacrosse. That’s not bad. When you make a team(everybody makes a team that wants to pay) this is more complicated. This is a big financial and time consuming thing for a family. My advice is ask questions to people who are currently on the team. Is the coach great? Is he committed? Does your kid actually get better from his practices? Does he care about all the kids or just the few people in the political loop? Do they practice all winter? Lots of these teams have 10 midfielders, 8 attack, 8 defense, 2 goalies, 1 or 2 fogos. The games are running time 40 to 45 minutes. How is play time allocated? It’s 29 tuitions being paid. I’m sure a good portion of the 29 parents feel like they are being screwed. So like I said ask questions. Good luck.

This is very good advice.

No team needs 8 attack. You need 4 or maybe 5 max. On a good team, your three starters aren't coming off the field.

You can never have enough middies though!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Totally get it. Don't get me wrong they want to win. And their practices are well run. I thoroughly enjoy the coaching. It's just and I'm not trying to make excuses, during the past year most teams practiced on their own and many teams played out of state to circumvent NYS guidelines on games and tournaments during the Covid Era. So a lot of kids and club teams still played games. My son did not. He mostly did clinics and trained on his own. Again, not making excuses. And I have nothing to gain by making you a believer in the program. I agree, our first tournament I was blown away by how the other team looked compared to Checkmate. As the season moved on, I have seen a vast improvement with not just my son but the whole team. I have realized the club circuit can be very demoralizing for kids and parents. I know of one club team that continues to bring in kids through the season to try out for already filled positions. Not saying it's wrong not saying it's right either. I know you are looking for a happy medium. Best of luck to you and your son. It's a journey.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The team don’t need 8 attack. Agreed. But the club business does. Having 8 attack instead of 4 brings in another 4 tuition checks. Now if a club does this on 20 teams, do the math. Money, money, money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The team don’t need 8 attack. Agreed. But the club business does. Having 8 attack instead of 4 brings in another 4 tuition checks. Now if a club does this on 20 teams, do the math. Money, money, money.

And THIS is why the "top" clubs aren't for everyone. Find a good team that matches your son's talent level that will keep him on the field as much as possible.

It's not complicated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is very good advice.

No team needs 8 attack. You need 4 or maybe 5 max. On a good team, your three starters aren't coming off the field.

You can never have enough middies though!

Spoken like the parent of an attackman - you can definitely have too many middies!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None. 2025 teams current players almost all come back. You'll most likely being offered a spot on their second level teams. The problem with most organizations 2nd tier teams are coaching and commitment. You'll really have to do your homework to find out who is coaching and what is being offered. From what I've seen of the 2025's none of the second teams seem to be an attractive alternative. On top of that they want you to pay the same tuition as their top tier team. Doesn't make sense to me but some people still do it.

Every situation is different, and it has a lot to do with the commitment by the coaches. Don’t need to shamelessly endorse a team, but our 2nd team is ideal in terms of commitment, training, roster size, year round, etc. Point is ask around and even look how the teams do at tourneys. It’s now HS for this group, you want to be on your last stop for the rest of the way. And also check the clubs ability to help with recruiting. That will be here fast.

Page 47 of 53 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 52 53

Link Copied to Clipboard