Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are not wrong; the youth programs aren’t even competitive. I’ll take losing but getting blown out/kept scoreless means there’s a serious issue…

Correct. I handed over a sizable amount of money to this guy who by all indications knows the game (again high school kids are getting recruited, he himself coached a high school team). I assumed he would evaluate the team that he put together, determine what he has, and put in place an appropriate plan which includes solid practice plans paired with tournaments where the kids will grow as players, whatever their talent level.

After a few practices, it was clear where they were at even to me. I'm a reasonable guy. It's youth lacrosse. Let's get them better.

Instead the team was put in a position to get literally stream rolled every time they stepped on the field. Pair that with zero communication from organization and it feels really really bad from a parent perspective. Now multiple that by EVERY team in their youth program (this was not isolated to a single age group, but rather ALL age groups).

So what did me and my son get for my nearly 3 grand? Great question. While I can't quite say what I got, I'll just say that he didn't have the common courtesy to provide a reach around.

Honestly, I hope he does the right thing and shuts down his youth program. Unfortunately, I do not think that will happen and he'll continue to lure in youth players who hope to eventually play there in high school. Economically, the bulk of the tuition he charges is to youth players and family so I would highly doubt he'd take money out of his own pocket to do the right thing.