Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think the conglomeration of clubs (Dukes, BL, Rising Son, etc) in the Philadelphia region actually helps some of the smaller clubs appeal. I know the larger model has worked for soccer but we are seeing smaller "town" clubs evolve with strong teams and coaching. Fusion and Downingtown Dawgs come to mind.

Fusion??? The club that has only 1 team in the top 100 and that is their 2026 club at 71??? Ok

Take it easy. This is a safe space for Philly people. In the grand scheme of things, I totally agree that fusion is a strong program with lots of really talented lacrosse players. I would say that Fusion is not exactly a small "town" club in the likes of D-Town Dawgs (which is clearly a small town club). They have a strong Philly presence, an amazing box program that is nationally recognized in Penn*Lax, and have at least one other satellite program in Virginia. I don't think the Downingtown Dawgs are going to be open up a Virginia location anytime soon. I jest, I jest. Seriously though. The Dawgs and Delco Lacrosse Club are really strong option "small town" club options.