De
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Was at the Duke's '29 tryout. Kids wore their own pinnies. I don't understand the issue with kids bringing their own pinnies. NXT charged $50 and you get a nice pinny. Duke's charged $20 and I don't get another piece of laundry that my kid doesn't need (I don't know about anyone else, but I could start my own pinny supply store). Not judging, just my take on it.

With regards to the talent, a little dip in talent from the first tryout at Duke's, but still some real quality players there. Probably 6 or 7 kids with NXT pinnies, a few from Brotherly Love, Fusion, Mesa, True Philly and others I didn't recognize to identify, but largely Duke's pinnies on hand.

Was at both NXT and both Duke's tryouts. So a little comparison that no one asked for here. Assuming both teams get their top 16-22 kids (big assumption here), the teams would be very comparable/competitive. After that though, the 2nd tier level of talent definitely falls in NXTs favor. Just based off of 2 nights of practice at each place, I'd see it this way: Goalie is a push, Duke's with the better d-pole talent as well as LSM, Faceoff goes to NXT, NXT has a better attack, but not by much, midfield is a push (maybe a slight, razor thin, edge to NXT). I can't say anything about any other clubs in the region, but I like parity, so it should be an interesting year for Philly Lacrosse if the talent level looks like this at other club tryouts.

Def interesting, thanks for the insight. Has anyone here been on an NXT team? How are they with playing time allocation?