BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,660
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
MARYLAND FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys High School Anonymous 8 hours ago
And LB left their “Star” attackman in the game until the middle of the 4th quarter so he could pad his stats!!
Definitely daddy’s influence over the OC. Lots of bad apples on the sidelines at Blakefield.
12,931 3,359,010 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM (LI, CT, WC) Jump to new posts
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse Anonymous 8 hours ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wednesday’s Marquee:

Garden City at Pleasantville: Most likely GC
Mamaroneck at Lakeland/Panas: Mamo
Pelham at Somers: Somers, by 5
Cold Spring Harbor at Yorktown: CSH, by 6

The rest

Haldane at Rye Neck: H by 8
Yonkers at Keio: K
Bronxville at Albertus Magnus: Brnxv, by a lot
Irvington at Edgemont: Irv
Pawling at Dobbs Ferry Dobbs
North Rockland at White Plains S/B WP
Eastchester at Rye: Rye, why are the playing each other?
Putnam Valley at Sleepy Hollow: Should be PV
Harrison at Ossining Should be O
Arlington at Brewster Arlington
Cardinal Hayes at Hen Hud: Should be HH
North Salem at Briarcliff: Briar
Greeley at Fox Lane: Greeley
Clarkstown North at Wappinger Should be Wapp
Pearl River at Tappan Zee TZ

Brewster over Arlington would be the upset of the week, if not for one thing:

Fox Lane over Greeley in OT.
That is not a typo.
A varsity lacrosse game in section 1 was won 3-2.
It was almost a controversial ending as FL looked to have scored the go ahead goal less than a minute to go, but was waved off by the officials.
3,941 1,908,739 more...
Re: Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 8 hours ago
East and West both only changed a couple girls out
921 284,115 more...
Re: Boys High School Anonymous 9 hours ago
you are a disgrace!!! What would you expect! JC doesn't have the hold backs that most of the schools have and they work hard to compete.
Sorry if your silver spoon, elitist attitude will only allow you to cheer for the Baltimore teams. I'm sure if it were up to you the league would be a 5 team league, that's great! Grow up! I'm sure u probably never played a competitive sport in your life or you would know how to win with class and loose with dignity.
12,931 3,359,010 more...
PENNSYLVANIA FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity Anonymous 9 hours ago
Who knew being undefeated in the Central League or Catholic League takes precedence over beating nationally ranked teams like Boys Latin, St. Anthony's & Calvert Hall.

It started out as top 5 in the PIAA. Someone then changed it to Top 5 in the area. Why the heck would a Philly Forum worry about out of area schools when talking about PA rankings? Take your national rankings to another board.

Skip over this one...misunderstood the comment...
3,187 1,016,100 more...
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Re: Long Island Jesters Anonymous Yesterday at 11:44 PM
Jesters will have kids recruited. So will every other club. Even the “bad” ones. Have your kid play where it’s a good fit for them and for you.

Every club has +- Most important thing is the coach of that team. Will they help your kid improve and will they have fun.
255 353,611 more...
Re: Boys High School Anonymous Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Although LB played the disgrace of a lax program in JC, I think we are able to see the immense amount of potential in their offense. I wouldn't be surprise if they won out and snuck into the playoffs. I think they will use this win as fuel to propel them into friday's huge matchup of Gilman.
You only see the potential in their offense when they play a disgrace of a lax program? Someone's a disgrace and it isn't the JC program.

This!! I mean we are talking about teenage boys. Teal classy.
12,931 3,359,010 more...
Re: Boys High School Lax Anonymous Yesterday at 09:57 PM
Get your facts straight. To be clear the MHS coach that was let go was not let go due to conflicts of any type with players or clubs or even his own kid. We all know, prob even the district now, that should not had happened.
10,696 4,194,071 more...
Re: Boys High School Lax Anonymous Yesterday at 09:44 PM
Massapequa parents rallied to oust the 2x State Championship coach and now they want to get rid of the new coach. Most of the time it isnt the coach, it's the players.
10,696 4,194,071 more...
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity Anonymous Yesterday at 09:40 PM
Who knew being undefeated in the Central League or Catholic League takes precedence over beating nationally ranked teams like Boys Latin, St. Anthony's & Calvert Hall.

What team are you talking about?
3,187 1,016,100 more...
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity Anonymous Yesterday at 09:10 PM

It started out as top 5 in the PIAA. Someone then changed it to Top 5 in the area. Why the heck would a Philly Forum worry about out of area schools when talking about PA rankings? Take your national rankings to another board.
3,187 1,016,100 more...
Re: Boys High School Lax Anonymous Yesterday at 08:41 PM
Huge difference here....When you are in a public school district you don't sign up for parent coach that coaches varsity age players on a club team that also play on the varsity team HUGE conflict of interest there I heard MHS had an issue with prior coach with this situation they got rid of him irony the next MHS AD went on to hire a parent coach this season who coaches varsity age players on a club team that play for MHS varsity . Club coaches are paid by lacrosse clubs to coach which makes this even more questionable... Catholics/Privates you have a choice for your son/daughter to attend or not and put up with the politics there but now its invading the public schools its very alarming and unethical

The MHS coach won two NYS championships. Who cares about club! There were no conflicts between any club nonsense and the MHS varsity lacrosse program.
10,696 4,194,071 more...
Re: Boys High School Anonymous Yesterday at 08:25 PM
Calvert Hall and Boys Latin are on the same level! They produce used salesmen and accept everybody into their "institution." If you send your kid to any of those "schools" you need to rethink it. Only a terrible parent would send their kid to those dumpsters. At lease BL is a nice campus while Calvert Hall is a trailer park next to the ghetto!

I bet you're a lot of fun at parties.
12,931 3,359,010 more...
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 07:33 PM
This weeks summery:
Maryland teams still too afraid to challenge Long Island in the World Series.
#NoHoldbacksAllowed

We get it, MD is the land of holdbacks at elite level. While that is true to some extent, most areas including LI have their share now.

One year, your wish will come true, it will be some arbitrary date of one year for everyone regardless of grade, until that time, Shzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
2,481 528,429 more...
Re: Boys High School Lax Anonymous Yesterday at 07:30 PM
And you think that CoachC doesn't manipulate the Catholic HS Rosters? What would you prefer, Daddy ball and direct parent interference at the publics or club coach interference for the parents at the Catholics? It's all corrupt.

The real issue is the talent in the public school doesn't get better playing against mediocre competition, just builds false hope. Parent interference and liberal ways are polluting every part of society.

Deep pocket Daddy ball is live and well at the Catholic schools.

It sure is. It's amazing how much these schools have changed in the past 5 years. I have kids at 1 of the 2 Catholics for the past 6 years - this thankfully my last. What we have seen this year is a disgrace. Seniors left out to dry. Weird sophomore promotions. You can have it.
10,696 4,194,071 more...
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 07:27 PM
What is more interesting:
a) That 91MD as a program has 3 wins against 20 loses so far this season; with an average loss by 8.7 goals (this is across all HoCo age groups); or...
b) That this marks 91MD's best metrics as a program over the past three years?

It's so interesting to me how much money Millon has been able to make on the back of this consistent business model.

One of biggest reason MM focused on his sons teams and them. Gotta give MM credit, one of the more disliked people in lacrosse community, yet had his son as the number 1 recruit, talked about constantly and now starting at UVA all the while making a pile of money off the dreamers of lacrosse who fall by the wayside thinking they will end up like his son. .
2,481 528,429 more...
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity Anonymous Yesterday at 06:51 PM
3,187 1,016,100 more...
Re: Boys 2030-6th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 06:48 PM
Exactly what LI needs, another average lacrosse team
I wouldn't say that they would be average. Are you playing for one of those average teams ?
238 55,670 more...
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse Anonymous Yesterday at 06:21 PM
Wednesday’s Marquee:

Garden City at Pleasantville: Most likely GC
Mamaroneck at Lakeland/Panas: Mamo
Pelham at Somers: Somers, by 5
Cold Spring Harbor at Yorktown: CSH, by 6

The rest

Haldane at Rye Neck: H by 8
Yonkers at Keio: K
Bronxville at Albertus Magnus: Brnxv, by a lot
Irvington at Edgemont: Irv
Pawling at Dobbs Ferry Dobbs
North Rockland at White Plains S/B WP
Eastchester at Rye: Rye, why are the playing each other?
Putnam Valley at Sleepy Hollow: Should be PV
Harrison at Ossining Should be O
Arlington at Brewster Arlington
Cardinal Hayes at Hen Hud: Should be HH
North Salem at Briarcliff: Briar
Greeley at Fox Lane: Greeley
Clarkstown North at Wappinger Should be Wapp
Pearl River at Tappan Zee TZ

GC/P'ville I think could go either way.
I don't think the CSH/Town game will be as far apart as that.
Somers I think depends on which Pelham team shows up, but it should be a Somers W
Greeley/FL is a classic rivalry game that could be a trap game for Greeley, but I don't see Greely losing.

The rest is pretty spot on.

Rye/Eastchester is a league game - they have to play it.
3,941 1,908,739 more...
Re: Boys High School Anonymous Yesterday at 06:11 PM
Although LB played the disgrace of a lax program in JC, I think we are able to see the immense amount of potential in their offense. I wouldn't be surprise if they won out and snuck into the playoffs. I think they will use this win as fuel to propel them into friday's huge matchup of Gilman.

Thats Coach ! Now what about those most favored players and celebrities, get them out there , Go Dons !
12,931 3,359,010 more...
Re: Boys High School Anonymous Yesterday at 05:45 PM

Huge schedule advantage for Dons, Coming off glorified practice with lots of kids playing vs Gilman that doesn't particularly play many kids who went to ot with chc.
12,931 3,359,010 more...
Re: Boys High School Anonymous Yesterday at 05:35 PM
You only see the potential in their offense when they play a disgrace of a lax program? Someone's a disgrace and it isn't the JC program.
12,931 3,359,010 more...
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 05:30 PM
I saw the crabs insta feed and that very good lefty attack ate ML goalie for lunch while he was inside and outside the cage. I can't imagine the ML parents were happy with that post. I don't have a dog in the fight, but know both those teams well.

Re ML v NL: aside from ML's FO guy, who is good and travels from way out of town and 2 good lefty middies and decent defense, I don't see how they are going to beat NL. NL has an equally good FO player, if not better, very good mids and LSMs and far better attack and goalie.

Maybe NL flops, which is known to happen, but ML is no powerhouse team. Certain players never seem to come off the field that should and the coaching.....well, we all know the nonsense on the sidelines.
You mean the Crabs lefty who started at Crabs, went to FCA, held back and then back to Crabs....oh yeah....solid!

He's the new, most-obvious holdback flavor of the week. I'm sure the kids parents are very proud of their 15 year old.

Layoff the kid and his family. Holdback whining is done for 2028s. HoCo rules allow 15 year olds to play. And it helps the on age 14 and 13 year olds get ready to play against much older kids next year.

Yeah the on age kid(s) cut to make room for him are really getting a hand up from club lax. They'll be so much more ready for HS now!

There are many kids in AAA who are better than Elite players. And those AAA kids are getting valuable game reps against excellent competition with fewer holdbacks. If kids on Crabs attack depth chart want more minutes they can work for it or play AAA. That may be a blow to parents' ego but still better for kid's development.

I think the caveat is that there are many 1st and 2nd line AAA kids who are better than 3rd line elite kids. But not usually bigger, to be fair. And at the lower end of elite, certain coaches' sons should not even have made their team, and everybody knows it. Even when the Dad Coaches are Lax Legends lol. So, there's minimum 6-10 kids in Elite ball who we all know shouldn't be there, just based on that metric alone.

The fact that a handful of 2028 AA players (and good numbers of AAA players) have made elite rosters every year for the past four years should make that take not very controversial, but yes it is heresy here on BOTC.
For years there was a CLEAR disparity between AAA and Elite, despite what parents of AAA teams like to think.

However- with the arrival of puberty, and AAA kids holding back— yes, the line is getting more blurred. Some AAA kids will turn into student athletes with puberty and they’ll be more than ready for Elite. And frankly, there are kids at Elite who have not benefitted from puberty— and unfortunately, the Elite division has simply left them behind. It might be another year or two for them to catch up

I don't think there is anyone arguing that AAA teams are generally as good as Elite teams (though I think a Clippers vs. 91 or Team Money matchup would be a coin toss), but the idea that every player on an Elite team is better than every player on an AAA team seems silly.

We've played on AAA and Elite teams, and in both cases there were a handful of kids on the team who were difference makers but the bulk were good but somewhat interchangeable.
10,240 2,042,156 more...
Re: Boys High School Anonymous Yesterday at 04:40 PM
12,931 3,359,010 more...
Re: MD Girls 2028 Anonymous Yesterday at 04:39 PM
They can’t get themselves open ! Is that better? They have 1 girl that can get shots on her own.
3,207 740,737 more...
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Today's Visitors
9 members (TheBackOfTheCage, Devildog, Anonymous2027, phillylax2032, JimSection1, BiggLax, Anonymous 1, abowden, Team BOTC), 5,178 guests, and 6,096 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod