Originally Posted by Anonymous
Quick question for the group: How do parents afford to have their girls attend these prestigious private schools? By no means am I poor, but I definitely cant afford 30k/year for high school. Are there special grants set aside for athletes? Very interested to see how I can get my daughter into one of these schools.

At most private schools, 30-40% of the families receive some help. Our kids have been in a local private since preschool, and yes, it is a lot of money. We believe it is a smart investment in their future and are giving them opportunities we didn't have growing up.

Suggest you reach out to those schools that seem to be a fit for your child/family and inquire. Arrange a visit, take a tour, schedule a shadow day (prospective student visits and attends classes). Talk about your ability to pay, and see where the conversation goes.

It is likely financial aid has already been allocated and awarded for the coming year given that admissions season has passed, but it is worth inquiring. SOme schools still have openings and may have some aid left.

Best of luck!