Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts397,689
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Re: Girls 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because they don't want to have players poached

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nasty comments by YJ parent does not make anyone want to switch over. Must have real fun team dinners with people who think and speak like this. And I’m sure the girls follow their parents lead.

Why would you want to switch? Thought you guys have the best team with the best players and best coaching…

Now with YJ 26A Coach Manning taking over for 29B Duswalt which team will be considered the “A” team?

Which coach will get first pick of girls?

Can girls, once they are selected pick which coach they want to play for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On a more serious note. It looks like YJ is starting a C team. The coach appears to be associated with Smithtown West. Does anyone know where this team will practice?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nasty comments by YJ parent does not make anyone want to switch over. Must have real fun team dinners with people who think and speak like this. And I’m sure the girls follow their parents lead.

Why would you want to switch? Thought you guys have the best team with the best players and best coaching…

Now with YJ 26A Coach Manning taking over for 29B Duswalt which team will be considered the “A” team?

Which coach will get first pick of girls?

Can girls, once they are selected pick which coach they want to play for?

YJ is finally getting rid of Duswalt?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did 2029s look at American Select tournament?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares they couldn't get enough kids to make the roster, basically if you payed you played . Was not even based on actual talent . A lot of the girls are now on B teams after tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not great day 1 for LI. Went 1-2. Got beat handily by MD 10-4. Made the playoffs at 2-2 having the head to head tie breaker over downstate. The 91 girls took over day 2 and won the championship. Beating MD in semis by a goal and Philly in OT in the championship. Was a great experience. There was a ton of talent in the top division. My DD had fun and would do it again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares they couldn't get enough kids to make the roster, basically if you payed you played . Was not even based on actual talent . A lot of the girls are now on B teams after tryouts

UGHHH WHAT... there was 3 full teams from LI...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares? There’s about 10 2029 pages of arguing about tryouts, who made what teams, and surrounding controversy that would indicate many people care.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not great day 1 for LI. Went 1-2. Got beat handily by MD 10-4. Made the playoffs at 2-2 having the head to head tie breaker over downstate. The 91 girls took over day 2 and won the championship. Beating MD in semis by a goal and Philly in OT in the championship. Was a great experience. There was a ton of talent in the top division. My DD had fun and would do it again.

What’s with the LI parents on the midatlantic forum? It’s weird.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AS was nice although the coaching seemed unprofessional. Girls had a good time b/c they won but would be singing a different tune if it didn’t go their way. I thought the MD team was very rough. NJ looked bad too - Charlie is going to have to import some players to field a decent team. Their best girl wasn’t even on Steps. Super deep class for New York State. Upstate and downstate both tough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is Charlie?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AS was nice although the coaching seemed unprofessional. Girls had a good time b/c they won but would be singing a different tune if it didn’t go their way. I thought the MD team was very rough. NJ looked bad too - Charlie is going to have to import some players to field a decent team. Their best girl wasn’t even on Steps. Super deep class for New York State. Upstate and downstate both tough.

Okay take. Day one, as I said, was bad for us. Got smoked by Maryland so not sure I agree they were rough. But once the coaches figured out to stop the M&D midfielder the second game went much better. Not to mention blowing a 5-2 halftime lead before scoring two late goals to win 7-6. Agree NY teams were both tough as well. Lots of talent. Aces draw girl is a beast for upstate. We were lucky to advance to playoffs on a tie breaker let alone win it. The talent overall in the top bracket was top notch outside of the DC team. For LI, I agree the coaching was definitely an issue as they struggled with subbing day 1 and luckily the girls were able to gel but agree if the girls had lost we would be singing a different tune. With all that said this was the first year and I expect next year to be better. As mentioned before my DD had fun and would do it again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The DC-VA team lost 3 close games--NY Upstate 6-7, Downstate 6-7, and MD Red 5-6 and beat Mass 11-7. You may have meant Mass.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The DC-VA team lost 3 close games--NY Upstate 6-7, Downstate 6-7, and MD Red 5-6 and beat Mass 11-7. You may have meant Mass.

Mass didn’t deserve to be in the top division, honestly didn’t even consider them when writing the post. However maybe I didn’t give DC enough credit. We didn’t play them but watched one game and they looked weakest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With this board glitching I thought my reply went through. The only way to access this thread is by clicking on active threads.

Yes the 91 girls carried the LI team to the championship First day, YJ affiliated coaches had to play all the YJ girls and it was obvious why the team struggled. Getting into the playoff through the back door and winning definitely erased any hard feelings and frustrations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Way to stay classy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what happened?

Like Reply Quote
Team BOTC #448275 8 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is like a musical chair forum. Never know what will happen when music stops

Like Reply Quote
Team BOTC #448279 6 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shout out to igloo lax. They worked with me
on an issue we had and Tony Alexander
after some time worked with me thru a