Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts397,323
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 92 of 94 1 2 90 91 92 93 94
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of Orange Helmets at a non-team ten tryout last night. Looks like some folks are going to be on the move this summer.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lots of Orange Helmets at a non-team ten tryout last night. Looks like some folks are going to be on the move this summer.

Settle down…lots of kids test the waters every year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Birddogs picked up some key pieces this off-season, specifically to help out in the NLF. Love being a part of this organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Specifically to help out in the NLF ? Lololol
What a dunce

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are serious about playing D1 lacrosse, the best place to be playing is in the NLF. The bird dogs are a little young to be chest pounding, but winning begets winning.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the bird dogs are so successful, how’d they lose their top players, including their goalie?
Amateur hour at HHH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With lacrosse scholarship opportunities expanding significantly (while reducing overall roster size), anybody have any feelings on how that will impact recruiting? First, while universities will be able to offer full scholarships to the entire roster, is there any indication that athletic departments will be allocating funds to the lacrosse programs to do that? Any increase in scholarships is a great thing for the game. I'm just trying to understand the reality versus the blue sky dream.

Better than talking about a 5th or 6th grade lacrosse team in my opinion

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With lacrosse scholarship opportunities expanding significantly (while reducing overall roster size), anybody have any feelings on how that will impact recruiting? First, while universities will be able to offer full scholarships to the entire roster, is there any indication that athletic departments will be allocating funds to the lacrosse programs to do that? Any increase in scholarships is a great thing for the game. I'm just trying to understand the reality versus the blue sky dream.

So from my understanding is that its still revenue based. Yes they can offer more full scholarships to all the sports but reduced roster size by 5 i think. It really depends on the school and its athletic departments focus of where to allocate the funds. Football and basketball will take priority at majority of schools since those are the ones that bring in revenue then you'll see the leftovers depending on what sports are successful ie at DU since they dont have football hockey is the main driver with lacrosse and basketball next. Notre Dame has a had back to back lacrosse championships. With the new conference alighnments we could see a shift also and growth in revenue in college athletics. It will be some time though for the fall out when this all goes into affect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’d assume those full scholarships are allocated to the higher rev-generating sports, but I hope what you’re saying comes to fruition.
The question and/or concern is, do they rid the school of certain non-rev generating sports and allow all the others to offer full scholarships? Then, we have a problem

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry to burst your bubble but HHH players are getting ALL of these new scholarships

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’d assume those full scholarships are allocated to the higher rev-generating sports, but I hope what you’re saying comes to fruition.
The question and/or concern is, do they rid the school of certain non-rev generating sports and allow all the others to offer full scholarships? Then, we have a problem

Hopkins is gonna be a powerhouse again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry to burst your bubble but HHH players are getting ALL of these new scholarships

Oh I totally assumed that already. We all know that the NLF is the only path forward. My son is a bird dog. Now that I know he's going to get a full ride, I can re-allocate those funds to my beach house in Margate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Birddogs with no goalie = birdpoop

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think what you will see id the push from athletic departments to "endow" a scholarship. You will start to see fundraising for the team to move from 12 scholarships to 24....with 12 being funded/endowed by donations and gifts to the program. Athletic departments generally show a loss on the books in terms of revenue so I doubt you see them extend more then a few scholarships from the current situation. Watch out for programs like Loyola, Hopkins, Hobart, and the IV league to lead the charge.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why Loyola, Hobart and Hopkins?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think what you will see id the push from athletic departments to "endow" a scholarship. You will start to see fundraising for the team to move from 12 scholarships to 24....with 12 being funded/endowed by donations and gifts to the program. Athletic departments generally show a loss on the books in terms of revenue so I doubt you see them extend more then a few scholarships from the current situation. Watch out for programs like Loyola, Hopkins, Hobart, and the IV league to lead the charge.

IVY league doesn't offer athletic scholarships, its all academic and needs based

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots a historical lacrosse tradition at those schools. Those alumni bases could fundraise to get those teams full scholly endowments most likely.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No high level football. Mens lax is the school's main sport and a great alumni network.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check out this article on Inside Lacrosse. Answers a lot of questions about the House Settlement. Doesn't sound like we should expect programs to go from 12 to 48 scholarships. Will be lucky to get a handful of programs to get to 20. Problem is someone needs to fund these scholarships.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/arti...ouse-settlement-mean-for-lacrosse-/63856

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good explanation of the potential changes. Schools with best alumni involvement are in a good position to benefit. Likely realignment in the coming years to expand D1 overall. Who knows, maybe some SEC like schools decide to adopt and become immediately relevant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I miss high school lacrosse! Who is best team in state this year Haverford or Malvern? Anyone else that can give them a run? Best public school team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I miss high school lacrosse! Who is best team in state this year Haverford or Malvern? Anyone else that can give them a run? Best public school team?

What top tier offensive student wouldn't want to go to Haverford and be coached by Grant Ament? Do any other high school programs have an a-lister on staff like that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2026 teams are up next for recruiting. what they have done is on tape, so it should be fun to see where they start going and see what teams are pumping out the most D1 talent in this class.

If we turn our attention to the 2027 and look at the trends of the teams we can see some interesting trends.

Consistent teams
----
Team Ten has been the top of this class for a long time. Ranked 27th in 2022, 15th in 2023, and 16th at the end of 2024 season. Pretty impressive staying power there. They got good early and stayed top of the class.

NXT has been pretty consistently mid-tier over the years as well (68, 62, 71). They run the club pretty professionally. Not too many highs, but not many lows either.

Declining Teams
----
Mesa has been a different story. 34 in 2022, 19 in 2023 (amazing team), then the bottom fell out and they dropped to a lowly 144 this year. Clearly there must have been a problem on that team for it to break apart so dramatically.

Team 11 has followed the Mesa path, while never being a top tier team. they were 60th and 80th before falling almost into the 200's this year.

Improving Teams
----

Freedom has been the most consitenly improving team year over year. 122 in 2022, to 76 in 2023, all the way to 34th in 2024. While they have improved to effectively the 2nd best team in this age group in Philadelphia, they are literally never mentioned on here. To honor that, I'll keep it short for them and hopefully it will stay that way.

HHH has improved dramtically this year. Previously they were always hovering around the 200's and now they are almost cracking the top 50.

I'm assuming that mesa talent was divided up between Freedom and HHH which would attribute Mesa's massive decline while these two clubs made serious leaps forward this year. That being said, I would generally say the 2027 rankings indicate that philly is falling behind. Team Ten being the only top 30 team from philadelphia, and other teams (beside freedom) generally being mid to low tier programs in the rankings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2026 teams are up next for recruiting. what they have done is on tape, so it should be fun to see where they start going and see what teams are pumping out the most D1 talent in this class.

If we turn our attention to the 2027 and look at the trends of the teams we can see some interesting trends.

Consistent teams
----
Team Ten has been the top of this class for a long time. Ranked 27th in 2022, 15th in 2023, and 16th at the end of 2024 season. Pretty impressive staying power there. They got good early and stayed top of the class.

NXT has been pretty consistently mid-tier over the years as well (68, 62, 71). They run the club pretty professionally. Not too many highs, but not many lows either.

Declining Teams
----
Mesa has been a different story. 34 in 2022, 19 in 2023 (amazing team), then the bottom fell out and they dropped to a lowly 144 this year. Clearly there must have been a problem on that team for it to break apart so dramatically.

Team 11 has followed the Mesa path, while never being a top tier team. they were 60th and 80th before falling almost into the 200's this year.

Improving Teams
----

Freedom has been the most consitenly improving team year over year. 122 in 2022, to 76 in 2023, all the way to 34th in 2024. While they have improved to effectively the 2nd best team in this age group in Philadelphia, they are literally never mentioned on here. To honor that, I'll keep it short for them and hopefully it will stay that way.

HHH has improved dramtically this year. Previously they were always hovering around the 200's and now they are almost cracking the top 50.

I'm assuming that mesa talent was divided up between Freedom and HHH which would attribute Mesa's massive decline while these two clubs made serious leaps forward this year. That being said, I would generally say the 2027 rankings indicate that philly is falling behind. Team Ten being the only top 30 team from philadelphia, and other teams (beside freedom) generally being mid to low tier programs in the rankings.

TEN is a up and down team. Lot of talent. They beat LI Machine kind of easily then lose to teams they shouldn't. Maybe too much talent sometimes having too many kids is a problem. Brotherly Love 27 team will be second best team in area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Consistent teams
----

Declining Teams
----

Improving Teams
----

Team TEN got most of Mesa's best players and did worse. There may be too much talent or a coaching problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Consistent teams
----

Declining Teams
----

Improving Teams
----

Team TEN got most of Mesa's best players and did worse. There may be too much talent or a coaching problem.
notIntelligent comment. It’s the coaching. Go to HHH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Consistent teams
----

Declining Teams
----

Improving Teams
----

No one from Mesa came to Freedom 27. We have pretty much had the same core for 5 years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which explains why they’re average; nice recruiting job coaches 🙄

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No dog in this fight but …You should learn how to reply on this forum so we know what you talking about. Typical HHH dad. Also us club has them ranked higher than your squad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you realize that how good the team is, ultimately doesn't matter (except for the club who is trying to market themselves). It's how skilled, coachable, athletic your kid is and how coaches project he will do at the college level. Sure, a kid on a top ranked team will get more eyeballs on them, but if a kid can play D1 ball and can market themselves through film, select showcases and a prospect camp (and get their coaches to advocate, they will be found.

I'd prefer an average team with good coaches, supportive teammates and families and a good lacrosse/life balance over a top ranked team with parents like you and probably playing well into late July, all so the club can market a US club lacrosse ranking and/or championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Freedom 27s? HHH 27 girls would beat them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are the Dad preferring your son/daughter plays on a defent team, vs top team, stops playing lax in early July because he fears comp for his child, you are soft. And. Reality check, your child will be too.
You want to practice against top players, play in tournaments against top teams, that’s how you improve.
Maybe switch to baseball

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are the Dad preferring your son/daughter plays on a defent team, vs top team, stops playing lax in early July because he fears comp for his child, you are soft. And. Reality check, your child will be too.
You want to practice against top players, play in tournaments against top teams, that’s how you improve.
Maybe switch to baseball

Bro, in the scheme of things, lax is a pretty soft sport. Stop puffing your chest like your kid is tough. The fact that you are flexing on an anon board tells me everything I need to know. I'm guessing you and your boy hit the country club for a round of 18 every few days, then head down to Avalon for August to "unwind" after a tough summer season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Consistent teams
----

Declining Teams
----

Improving Teams
----

No one from Mesa came to Freedom 27. We have pretty much had the same core for 5 years
Tell me youre a Team TEN clown with out telling me you're a full on M07oN. This is a great statement, Team Ten has been the top of this class for a long time. Ranked 27th in 2022, 15th in 2023, and 16th at the end of 2024 season What top of the class? Not even in top 10 there fella so settle down. Youre mediorce at best. Maybe if you get in to NLF you can break in but until then back to the ALL 8 Losers League

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The hardo Dad is right though - whatever sport you play, why not be on the best team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The hardo Dad is right though - whatever sport you play, why not be on the best team?
If you are a starter on that top team I agree 100%. I’ll assign starter status to the top 2 lines of middies, the main LSM, and the main FOGO. That is 15 kids. We know these roster have more than 15 kids. More like 20-24. If you are taking up a spot that is 16-24 on the bench, you should absolutely move clubs. You need to be on the field to be seen (I’m clearly talking about high school here, not youth lacrosse).

Not everyone is trying to go to duke. Did Lyle Thompson play in the NLF? NLF is amazing. HHH is sacred to Philadelphia. We know. It’s not the only way.

As for Team Ten being best in class , they are absolutely the best 2027 (class) team in Philadelphia. Those kids are going to be pulling in then Duke, ND, UNC commitments in this area. Maybe brotherly love but honestly they don’t have the long track record.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are a starter on that top team I agree 100%. I’ll assign starter status to the top 2 lines of middies, the main LSM, and the main FOGO. That is 15 kids. We know these roster have more than 15 kids. More like 20-24. If you are taking up a spot that is 16-24 on the bench, you should absolutely move clubs. You need to be on the field to be seen (I’m clearly talking about high school here, not youth lacrosse).

Not everyone is trying to go to duke. Did Lyle Thompson play in the NLF? NLF is amazing. HHH is sacred to Philadelphia. We know. It’s not the only way.

As for Team Ten being best in class , they are absolutely the best 2027 (class) team in Philadelphia. Those kids are going to be pulling in then Duke, ND, UNC commitments in this area. Maybe brotherly love but honestly they don’t have the long track record.

The 2027 HHH have 5 high level D1 recruits currently rostered. The problem is that there is a rather steep drop off in "D1" level talent after those 5.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A