Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts397,599
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
Re: Boys 2030-6th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
First of all if you don’t see the field in college you probably aren’t getting much money. Second of all not many would want to go and be a bench warmer for 4 years!

Even if you are, you aren't getting that much. Oldest son was a LSM for a big 10 school and started 3 years. He never got more than 22%

Only kids getting significant $$ are Goalies, FOGO and All-American quality attackers.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First of all if you don’t see the field in college you probably aren’t getting much money. Second of all not many would want to go and be a bench warmer for 4 years!

Even if you are, you aren't getting that much. Oldest son was a LSM for a big 10 school and started 3 years. He never got more than 22%

Only kids getting significant $$ are Goalies, FOGO and All-American quality attackers.

Great and accurate comments noted, while I don't have a 2030, I do have a 2028 (college) within America East conference, received 25% scholarship so far (Freshman/Sophmore) and saw ZERO playing time this spring. It's a different world/level and some of these kids and parents, need a reality check.
The transfer portal is curse and blessing too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great and accurate comments noted, while I don't have a 2030, I do have a 2028 (college) within America East conference, received 25% scholarship so far (Freshman/Sophmore) and saw ZERO playing time this spring. It's a different world/level and some of these kids and parents, need a reality check.

Right. Kids who don't play their first two years maybe aren't going to get more than 25%. If you're good enough to play early you can get more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right. Kids who don't play their first two years maybe aren't going to get more than 25%. If you're good enough to play early you can get more.

A 25% athletic scholarship at a $65k/year school ain't exactly nothing. Combine that with some academic $$$ and those tuition payments become a little easier to swallow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if my kid is the best of the best he gets 25% of 65k so basically 16k a year x 4=64 thousand. Great but you spent almost as much on travel lax. And you are the one that actually made it. Not very encouraging

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea you spent money on travel lax because it’s a great sport and fun for your kid. if your spending it as an investment and banking on your kid getting a scholarship well your a fool. Parents these days are pathetic putting pressure on their own kids, taking the fun out of everything. if you can afford it then pay for your kid to play travel. If you can’t afford it let him play rec, play with his friends for free at the park, play for free for his school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if my kid is the best of the best he gets 25% of 65k so basically 16k a year x 4=64 thousand. Great but you spent almost as much on travel lax. And you are the one that actually made it. Not very encouraging

Did your son get any enjoyment out of training and competing? Did he develop any relationships? Did he learn any lessons along the way that could carry over to the rest of his life outside of athletics?

If the answer is no to these questions then I suppose you’re right. Last question for you: is the point of travel lacrosse only to get a scholarship to college?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no money in lacrosse. 99% of college rosters pay full ticket. Day dreaming doesn’t do you any good,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are tens of thousands of $ in college, part as a result of college lax. Put your $ and effort into top courses and good grades. My son was recruited to a D3 private school clstimg $75k w all expenses, including board and meals. Because they wanted him, coach pushed for full financial aid package. Because good grades and courses, got merit scholarships. It will cost him about $15k/year in student loans, nothing out of pocket. Better that D1 scholarship, better than many in-state schools. This is the true practical benefit of lax: get into a school you might not have gotten into, have your school/coach give you max in all $ help, and make some great connections and support. That is worth a lot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are tens of thousands of $ in college, part as a result of college lax. Put your $ and effort into top courses and good grades. My son was recruited to a D3 private school clstimg $75k w all expenses, including board and meals. Because they wanted him, coach pushed for full financial aid package. Because good grades and courses, got merit scholarships. It will cost him about $15k/year in student loans, nothing out of pocket. Better that D1 scholarship, better than many in-state schools. This is the true practical benefit of lax: get into a school you might not have gotten into, have your school/coach give you max in all $ help, and make some great connections and support. That is worth a lot.

This is true. Not for every school. But there are so many opportunities out there.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of college opportunities exist because of lax. Your club choice is equally important. Advice, don’t pick a club based on convenience, carpools, friends (make new ones), etc. Make it based on the reputation of the club and coaches and a proven track record of success. And where your son will play. Travel is for development practice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have my son thinking D1. Not sure if either of us will be happy in end with a D2 or D3 offer. D2 or D3 may be for some, not this family.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have my son thinking D1. Not sure if either of us will be happy in end with a D2 or D3 offer. D2 or D3 may be for some, not this family.

Looks like the 2034 Tewaaraton is a lock. Thanks for the notice. Will redshirt my kid that year so he can get the Tewaaraton in 2035.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like the 2034 Tewaaraton is a lock. Thanks for the notice. Will redshirt my kid that year so he can get the Tewaaraton in 2035.

Welcome! You should be good on that date, extra year never hurt any lacrosse players chances, but we will be a little later than your estimate.

My sons path , Holding back next year, Intend to do a PG year at Deerfield, and of course Red shirt first year in college. We are thinking 2037 Tewaaraton .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are a 🤡 and what is wrong with youth sports. Have fun at a D1 school. There’s plenty of them and most are not strong academically!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of college opportunities exist because of lax. Your club choice is equally important. Advice, don’t pick a club based on convenience, carpools, friends (make new ones), etc. Make it based on the reputation of the club and coaches and a proven track record of success. And where your son will play. Travel is for development practice.

The silliest thing I've seen posted here in a while. Club choice barely matters. Find good coaching (which is not always at the 'brand' clubs) and playing time for your kid. They are 12.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy Taz (what happened to the Admirals) added a kid from Michigan to their 7th grade roster? What is happening in youth lacrosse??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they only care about winning !!!

added out of state kid after tryouts is not
good look

Im sure the parents are loving that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they only care about winning !!!

added out of state kid after tryouts is not
good look

Im sure the parents are loving that

They weren’t looking too great mid to end of season. Why the name change??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to attract kids from out of state

it worked !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy Taz (what happened to the Admirals) added a kid from Michigan to their 7th grade roster? What is happening in youth lacrosse??

Get a large group of current parents together and leave for another team. Vote with your feet. They want to bring out of state players or reclasses to your team and take away opportunities for Long Island on age kids? Then leave! It’s the only way to stop it. Coaches have decided that it’s easier to recruit talent to get better and attract more future customers rather than develop players they have!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Out of state kids already is a waste

After getting smoked by cyclones haven’t been the same

Leave now!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Out of state kids already is a waste

After getting smoked by cyclones haven’t been the same

Leave now!

OUCH ! That is sorta being tough on him. Is he in your sons spot now ? Double Ouch !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams are looking for players now ? Do top teams add players after they pick their teams ? I know Rebels and STS added new players last year after tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
think the cyclones are looking to add
27 isn’t enough

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams are looking for players now ? Do top teams add players after they pick their teams ? I know Rebels and STS added new players last year after tryouts.

Most likely express.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most likely express.

Express will let you switch teams at halftime and bench a starter who has been there 6 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
think the cyclones are looking to add
27 isn’t enough

Taz will SMOKE the cyclones this season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most likely express.

Express will let you switch teams at halftime and bench a starter who has been there 6 years.

If you cant perform, expect to be benched or replaced. Sorry you cant keep up.

Like Reply Quote
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard