Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts397,323
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
Re: Boys 2025-11th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How are the boys doing at SUSA this week? I'm hearing there are a lot of coaches. I'm stuck at work.

Lots of coaches. It is also really, really hot!!

Hopefully a bunch of 2025s find homes after this week.

Clock ticking. I think the dead period starts August 15th.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the boys doing at SUSA this week? I'm hearing there are a lot of coaches. I'm stuck at work.

No dead period or clock for D3, which is where most opportunities are at this point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No dead period or clock for D3, which is where most opportunities are at this point.

If that were completely true, there wouldn't have been so many D1 coaches at 2025 games the past few weeks. There are plenty of programs with slots to fill.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If that were completely true, there wouldn't have been so many D1 coaches at 2025 games the past few weeks. There are plenty of programs with slots to fill.

True but they are being very specific. Meaning they are looking for a single position and it won’t be middie or attack. It will be a goalie or defender or fogo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True but they are being very specific. Meaning they are looking for a single position and it won’t be middie or attack. It will be a goalie or defender or fogo.

A 2025 on my son's club team just committed yesterday. He's a middie. It's still happening. Smithtown attack kid just committed recently too.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A 2025 on my son's club team just committed yesterday. He's a middie. It's still happening. Smithtown attack kid just committed recently too.

Yes but my point is that these players were at the very bottom of the coaches’ lists and the odds of them seeing the field is usually very low.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of good talent left. Better than some of the ones commited almost a year ago.Some needed more help with athletic or academic money and schools waited to see what they had left before offering.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of good talent left. Better than some of the ones commited almost a year ago.Some needed more help with athletic or academic money and schools waited to see what they had left before offering.

Agree but most of these late summer 2025 commits indicate a lack of major interest from the coach and they will have a lot to prove if they want to earn time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes but my point is that these players were at the very bottom of the coaches’ lists and the odds of them seeing the field is usually very low.

Pig. This still goes on in senior year. Smh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why can't we just be happy that these kids are happy and finding places to play college lacrosse and be a part of teams?

Congratulations to all of them.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because we’re parents and we have to ruin it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a terrible take, and just a bad ideology. Once you get to college it is a whole other world. You don't show up and think since you were an early recruit you have a better chance of playing. In college you have two evaluation periods. Fall Ball and Early Spring ball. That is when playing time is decided, not if you jump into a commitment in September or if you get committed a year later.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a terrible take, and just a bad ideology. Once you get to college it is a whole other world. You don't show up and think since you were an early recruit you have a better chance of playing. In college you have two evaluation periods. Fall Ball and Early Spring ball. That is when playing time is decided, not if you jump into a commitment in September or if you get committed a year later.

Keep dreaming, College Coaches have team picked out already. They know who is talent. Yes, the occasionally player gets to top, that is very rare.
Most college teams have very little unknowns do anything,,,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck all. I am sure this thread will close down shortly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep dreaming, College Coaches have team picked out already. They know who is talent. Yes, the occasionally player gets to top, that is very rare.

There is a reason some kids are recruited in September of junior year and some are recruited as they start their senior year. These coaches already have their future lineups in mind. Maybe not written in pen, but they know. Don't delude yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is a reason some kids are recruited in September of junior year and some are recruited as they start their senior year. These coaches already have their future lineups in mind. Maybe not written in pen, but they know. Don't delude yourself.

You guys should listen to the recruiting podcasts on IL. They interview top D1 head coaches specifically about recruiting. All of the coaches acknowledge that many of their top prospects over the years were late commitments. You'll note than many of the top programs don't fill out their entire recuiting class in Sept/Oct because they know that there will be late bloomers that slip through the cracks and they want the flexbility to grab them later.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys should listen to the recruiting podcasts on IL. They interview top D1 head coaches specifically about recruiting. All of the coaches acknowledge that many of their top prospects over the years were late commitments. You'll note than many of the top programs don't fill out their entire recuiting class in Sept/Oct because they know that there will be late bloomers that slip through the cracks and they want the flexbility to grab them later.

Exactly. That was from todays episode with John Tillman

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Late bloomer case I am not buying. Everything is transfer portal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Late bloomer case I am not buying. Everything is transfer portal.
Late bloomers are gold kidding me? Every sport knows this but coaches just cannot put their finger on it. If a kid is small and is pretty good what happens when that kid grows and actually gets as big or bigger than other kids? Kids that develop late get shafted on front end of recruiting but that can work for them. They get a chip on their shoulder, work harder and surpass other kids athletically which is why they end being so good. If you go through any pro sport so many of the players were late bloomers. Problem is a lot of kids quit or give up when they do not have same testosterone as other kids but the ones that grind through it take this biggest jumps once they grow. College Lacrosse the athletes do best. Everyone is good at lacrosse but who can really get better in college. Who has room to develop more? It is the late bloomers they have not hit their ceiling yet and are the bigger stronger athletes a lot of the times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of these coaches are trying to FIND the late bloomers or later bloomers. I heard one coach say last September "A lot of these boys still have braces. I'm projecting what I think they WILL be when they get on campus."

I wouldn't listen to anything Tillman says though. He's a snake and is ALL transfer portal. So many LI boys have gone there, hated him/it and transferred elsewhere. Even if my kid were good enough to play at Maryland, I'd never have sent him there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid is good enough to play at Maryland he most likely has interest from a better academic school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid is good enough to play at Maryland he most likely has interest from a better academic school.

He said that his son isn't good enough to play at Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard