Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts397,323
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 337 of 339 1 2 335 336 337 338 339
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How did BL break up their teams? Varsity from last year and those who weren’t?

So an A and B?

In the past, they made an offensive focused team and a defensive focused team. I think offensive was maroon and defensive was white. Only one of the teams is really capable of a comeback though. But good way to stress them and make them work for it.

Thanks. Interesting.

Maroon was made up of mostly varsity players. White was made up of mostly JV teams. Watched both teams play and there was a distinct difference.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
loyola was 3 -2 , how is that a total failure ?

It wasn't. Quick summary:

Some LB parents had never heard of Choate, and seemed to be embarrassed by losing to Choate. Calling them a "no name school" etc.
Also mad that Choate had a gigantic FOGO, the position where LB is weakest, and like most teams, embarrassed LB at the X, all game.
Obviously that was unfair because that guy was a (clear) holdback, and obviously LB has no single or double holdbacks (lol), therefore, again, unfair.

Also, Coach decided to spice up conversations by asking some LB 2027s to play varsity instead of JV at the event. That probably brought the most negative reaction. Because if it was "about the team" you'd be excited that the Coach was trying out new options, inviting sophomores, bringing in transfers etc. But much like the Poggi football debacle at Gilman, it's not reaaaaaaaaaally about the program. It's about how good can you coach MY kid so Loyola wins and I get to ride my kid's coattails on his victory tour. Instead of Loyola wins, and my kid was benched.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like he won’t be seeing the field junior year after all. Shake up on lasalle rd
Context?

I’m going to guess we are going back to the CH goalie conversation and someone being surprised that their latest criminal was advised to spend a year outside the MIAA so he could transfer back his senior year. Suppose it upset the other dozen or so goalies in the program. But surprise? Then you just weren’t paying attention.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some LB parents had never heard of Choate, and seemed to be embarrassed by losing to Choate. Calling them a "no name school" etc.
Also mad that Choate had a gigantic FOGO, the position where LB is weakest, and like most teams, embarrassed LB at the X, all game.
Obviously that was unfair because that guy was a (clear) holdback, and obviously LB has no single or double holdbacks (lol), therefore, again, unfair.

Also, Coach decided to spice up conversations by asking some LB 2027s to play varsity instead of JV at the event. That probably brought the most negative reaction. Because if it was "about the team" you'd be excited that the Coach was trying out new options, inviting sophomores, bringing in transfers etc. But much like the Poggi football debacle at Gilman, it's not reaaaaaaaaaally about the program. It's about how good can you coach MY kid so Loyola wins and I get to ride my kid's coattails on his victory tour. Instead of Loyola wins, and my kid was benched.

Loyola has always been about the name brand parents and players for years. Nothing will change until it does. At this time it is business as usual. Expect LB to have there typical middling team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Loyola has always been about the name brand parents and players for years. Nothing will change until it does. At this time it is business as usual. Expect LB to have there typical middling team.

NHSLS Summer Session is about evaluating kids first and winning second. The LB staff has taken the correct approach. Let's not be impatient. It's been eleven years since the Dons were in the Finals. AS is the new king of the hill among the Catholic schools in the MIAA.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is not how it was this year. The Maroon team was made up of all returning Varsity players plus the four kids from JV. The White team was the JV team from last year minus those four that played on the Maroon. The team that they fielded the week prior, was made up of only rising Freshman that are incoming to the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is not how it was this year. The Maroon team was made up of all returning Varsity players plus the four kids from JV. The White team was the JV team from last year minus those four that played on the Maroon. The team that they fielded the week prior, was made up of only rising Freshman that are incoming to the program.

Makes sense. White didn't look very big or fast. I wonder why they changed that up this year. Didn't have a chance to talk to them to find out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Makes sense. White didn't look very big or fast. I wonder why they changed that up this year. Didn't have a chance to talk to them to find out.

I have always enjoyed watching the MIAA play. I know there has always been holdbacks and prefirsts, no matter. But with the explosion of holdbacks and prefirsts now playing, sometimes I cant help but think, why arent you playing college instead of HS to many players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which Boys Latin team did the former Spalding/Severna Park play for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Severn or St Mary’s find a new HC?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like he won’t be seeing the field junior year after all. Shake up on lasalle rd
Context?

I’m going to guess we are going back to the CH goalie conversation and someone being surprised that their latest criminal was advised to spend a year outside the MIAA so he could transfer back his senior year. Suppose it upset the other dozen or so goalies in the program. But surprise? Then you just weren’t paying attention.

This move reveals the type of person that BK is.... Does not reflect well on him or CHC admin. Winning before ethics @ CHC. What kind of message does this send to the goalie's teammate that he stole from and physically assaulted? I guess its where we are in society-you can commit a crime and barely suffer any consequences!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severn hired the Marist coach. Wilkinson

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Context?

This move reveals the type of person that BK is.... Does not reflect well on him or CHC admin. Winning before ethics @ CHC. What kind of message does this send to the goalie's teammate that he stole from and physically assaulted? I guess its where we are in society-you can commit a crime and barely suffer any consequences!!!

Dont be such a Nancy, Put your big boy pants on and get out into the real world, There is competition going on for everything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Context?

Dont be such a Nancy, Put your big boy pants on and get out into the real world, There is competition going on for everything.

Are you responding to the right post Joe B?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Surely St. Mary’s will make a big splash hire right!?!?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Context?

Are you responding to the right post Joe B?

Ouch ! Thats gotta hurrrrT !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They better, or the race to door will continue, Now with Severn riding a high of a former D1 college coach, be interesting what will go on with St M and Spalding with regards to recruiting better AA players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah who doesn’t want to play for the coach from Marist, who would get smoked by McDonogh?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If Wilkinson is the new coach at Severn he will the best x and o coach in the miaa. Severn just needs to give him all the resources to be successful. Money to recruit and give out scholarships. If not it will be struggle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If Wilkinson is the new coach at Severn he will the best x and o coach in the miaa. Severn just needs to give him all the resources to be successful. Money to recruit and give out scholarships. If not it will be struggle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wilkinson made lemonade out of lemons at Marist, a school that barely supported the team. He should do well at Severn no matter what the administration is thinking.
Plenty of talent in the county.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah who doesn’t want to play for the coach from Marist, who would get smoked by McDonogh?

Sounds like someone is worried . Mcd has only over achieved due to MM giving them a platter of players to go with his sons. Once the last son graduates, McD will go back to doing nothing with some of best talent in area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I could not be more underwhelmed by the news out of St Mary's. Phhhhhhhhhhhht. Have to say, the goons on BOTC actually called it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I could not be more underwhelmed by the news out of St Mary's. Phhhhhhhhhhhht. Have to say, the goons on BOTC actually called it.

What a move!!! And what a search STM claims to have done!! Hiring an assistant coach who got fired mid way thru last season as the new HC is definitely an interesting move…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a move!!! And what a search STM claims to have done!! Hiring an assistant coach who got fired mid way thru last season as the new HC is definitely an interesting move…

STM hiring Dalton as the HC is just another nail in the coffin and death of the program. STM only hires former alumni of the school for any job opening the school has and never hires the the most qualified person for the job. It is big problem with school right now. Good old boy’s network. Weakup STM the best candidates are just alumni. In the mean time enjoy the bottom feeders of the A conference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

STM hiring Dalton as the HC is just another nail in the coffin and death of the program. STM only hires former alumni of the school for any job opening the school has and never hires the the most qualified person for the job. It is big problem with school right now. Good old boy’s network. Weakup STM the best candidates are just alumni. In the mean time enjoy the bottom feeders of the A conference.

It is possibly the new (ridiculous) standard in the corporate "After an ExTenSivE NaTiOnaL sEaRcH" press releases of the modern era. hahahahahahahhaha that poor program is doomed. I'd rather see St. Marys succeed than New Cut Road Remedial, but I guess that die is BEYOND cast for the next few years at least. On the plus side, by default, I guess the ProStart players will improve by spending less time with the Daltons (as the Daltons refocus their energies to STM after this NATIONAL SEARCH), so congrats to you ProStart parents on that small victory.

Making Spalding's administration/bureacracy/culture look like well-tuned, transparent geniuses takes a special effort, but STM you have done it, my boys!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Marys grad here, pretty recent as well. I want to know how you have over 50 applicants from 5 different states apply for a job, and you find Will Dalton to be the best candidate?? They knew their guy before the “extensive search” was even started. What a bunch of BS. Absolutely ridiculous. So much for the hiring team they had do “Extensive” research. The real man pulling all the strings is Pat Woods of St Mary’s. It’s incredibly sad, I don’t think the guy could tell you what the date is!!! I seriously have to watch Prostart lacrosse kids play against the 20 or so D1 Mcdonogh commits every year now? Lamb to the slaughter… what an absolute joke. As somebody who got to watch Dalton coach offense first hand, the guy is good for 1 set offense for an entire season. How do you run an offense for an entire season and not wrinkle in any changes? St Mary’s Lacrosse you took Victor Lilly away from us and now you put Will Dalton as the head coach? What a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Marys grad here, pretty recent as well. I want to know how you have over 50 applicants from 5 different states apply for a job, and you find Will Dalton to be the best candidate?? They knew their guy before the “extensive search” was even started. What a bunch of BS. Absolutely ridiculous. So much for the hiring team they had do “Extensive” research. The real man pulling all the strings is Pat Woods of St Mary’s. It’s incredibly sad, I don’t think the guy could tell you what the date is!!! I seriously have to watch Prostart lacrosse kids play against the 20 or so D1 Mcdonogh commits every year now? Lamb to the slaughter… what an absolute joke. As somebody who got to watch Dalton coach offense first hand, the guy is good for 1 set offense for an entire season. How do you run an offense for an entire season and not wrinkle in any changes? St Mary’s Lacrosse you took Victor Lilly away from us and now you put Will Dalton as the head coach? What a joke.
Nailed. It.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally agree. Is the past st Mary’s had all the talent in the world to win but would get out coached in playoff games. Now there is no talent it really does not matter who the coach is still will be bottom feeders of the league. Poor facilities no space to practice. Logistics is a nightmare getting to the school then to the field. Times have change and spalding is the new power house of AACO. Sad times in Annapolis and things are not changing anytime soon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally agree. Is the past st Mary’s had all the talent in the world to win but would get out coached in playoff games. Now there is no talent it really does not matter who the coach is still will be bottom feeders of the league. Poor facilities no space to practice. Logistics is a nightmare getting to the school then to the field. Times have change and spalding is the new power house of AACO. Sad times in Annapolis and things are not changing anytime soon.

I'd love to run the statistics on the likelihood of the MD BOTC page contributors agreeing 100% on any issue, ever, prior to this, or ever again in the future. Everybody is on the same page, here at the STM funeral lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does anybody actually know why STM Coach was fired? They had played in two of the last 4 championships I believe. Numerous kids playing NCAA lax. One down year and you get the boot? Seems like a knee donk decision by the school.

And the replacement hire is Will Dalton???? The guy that was fired………good luck to the St. Mary’s ProStarts. Severn gets a great hire to follow up Christie, STM gets a fired OC as HC. If I’m a family in AACO, Severn is at the top of the list

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw mark millon choking his chicken in the woods last night. McD parents, is this really who you want coaching your kid?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw mark millon choking his chicken in the woods last night. McD parents, is this really who you want coaching your kid?
….what?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Millon doesn't coach at McDonogh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MM has been the McD coach for the past six years. One
more year then the talent from Team 91 will stop and his last
son will be finished. Remember current head coach
was on a very hot seat before the Millons arrived.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lmao what a lost, what has BOTC come to

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yo lowkey the lacrosse in this state is horrible, MA does it so much better. They produce 10x the amount of talent and potential. MD gotta get off their high horse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is CHC looking this year? Hard team to watch last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is CHC looking this year? Hard team to watch last year.

CHC per usual will get big time pre season hype followed by a lackluster season with zero offensive creativity!
There you go !!

BTW …… Gilman will be loaded with talent and probably
the best coach in the league! Gilly has the top attackman , fogo, defender and goalie in the league. They should have little difficulty winning the championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CH will struggle on defense. Goalie will be interesting.

Like Reply Quote
Page 337 of 339 1 2 335 336 337 338 339
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard