Back Of The CAGE (BOTC) BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Elite 80 Camp + K-2nd Clinic | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,768
Posts397,323
Members2,628
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: High School Boys Lacrosse - New Jersey
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is True.... Not a Rumor

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bosco drops out of kirst cup?odd

Heard it is because they had so many non NJ kids on roster….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally untrue. It had nothing to do with non-New Jersey players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true. My son is a player on the team and the issue was scheduling. Nothing to do with non NJ kids. Last night there was a zoom with the parents and then all the players were polled to see if we could make it happen even without some of the coaches. The coaches went back to the Kirst Cup to see if we could be reinstated. They said "no". That's were we are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not true. My son is a player on the team and the issue was scheduling. Nothing to do with non NJ kids. Last night there was a zoom with the parents and then all the players were polled to see if we could make it happen even without some of the coaches. The coaches went back to the Kirst Cup to see if we could be reinstated. They said "no". That's were we are.

I'm not familiar with the situation. Seems odd that the scheduling conflict was with the coaches? What are the coaches involved in that would preclude them from participating? Again, I'm totally unaware, but to me seems like bad team management by the head coach.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PLL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NJSIAA is to blame for this nonsense. NJ lax starts several weeks later than other states. That makes it hard for NJ teams to compete on the national level*. AND it means there's not enough time to squeeze in a TOC before club season. They put these kids in an impossible situation. Go get seen by college coaches at tournaments critical to being recruited . . . OR play a couple more games for your HS team in a non-sanctioned event with no college coaches attending.

Suggestions:
They should move up the start date to align with other states . . . even if that means starting practice before bball season is over. The last week or two of the bball season, 95% of the athletes are already finished with their season. No reason to hold up the start of all lax for the handful of kids in the final rounds of hoops states.

They should reduce state sectional playoffs to the top 8 teams (instead of 16). Removing a round, shortening playoffs by a week, providing more room for a true TOC before club season. The first round games are rarely competitive. No 9+ seeds are true threats to win the sectional. The 9-16 seeds finish their season on a beat down most of the time. If those teams want another game, set up a separate bracket for them. They will have more fun competing against teams of similar ability.

* Lawrenceville is exception because not governed by NJSIAA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree. And no disrespect to Coach F., but I believe that putting the fate of other teams is his hands - like the what happened with Don Bosco - is a real conflict of interest. Mountain Lakes wasn't in the running, however, what I read on NJ.com didn't feel right. Making excuses about broadcast rights. Any broadcaster would want the number one seed to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NYS public championships were this weekend as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
got it. unfortunate. soundsl ike something could have been worked out . looks like a summit/westfield rematch IMO

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
heard it was cause bosco had too many kids and coaches at the Maverik showcase. lame excuse IMO - they probably could have handled moorestown with their JV squad.

nj has really screwed with the spring season sports - next year it'll be even worse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any word on SH Prep coach?

heard rumors from heninburg to current RFH coach....

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
any word on SH Prep coach?

heard rumors from heninburg to current RFH coach....

i had heard Tevlin but other then that, not much

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Svec the new SHP coach. What's the vibe from the Pirate community? People excited about the hire?

I know folks were juiced over some of the big name alums that were in consideration, but it seems like a proven coach was probably the smarter way to go than a great former player?

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard