BOTC BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Tryouts Now Posted Onine!!! | Last Chance to attend The CB Laxers Girls UnD1sputed Showcase on Monday - Get Seeb by going to CBLaxers.com | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,818
Posts393,892
Members2,614
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 273 of 275 1 2 271 272 273 274 275
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Once again, Daler moms who are angry that Massapequa is a far better place to live, with a school that exceeds their school that is rapidly being overrun by “new arrivals” every day. Farmingdale will soon be a great soccer school. Governor just gave that crummy town a boat load of money to build “affordable housing”. Good luck Daler mom, might want to sell while the market is still hot.

Pequa dad losing sleep, can’t turn off FOX news.

Thanks Daler mom, Massapequa losing to you is the highlight of your shallow trashy life. Seems kind of lame.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SS has a better chance now that one of EI best players is out. If he had been healthy SS loses by 7.

Is he definitely not playing? Did he tear something in his knee?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You Suffolk people are something special. Game not even played yet and excuses abound. Enjoy the L and traffic going home from Hofstra.

SS has a better chance now that one of EI best players is out. If he had been healthy SS loses by 7.[/quote]

Is he definitely not playing? Did he tear something in his knee?[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SS has a better chance now that one of EI best players is out. If he had been healthy SS loses by 7.

SS still loses by 3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SS still loses by 3

SS still loses by 3

Your statement is purely bias. There is no way of predicting this game. They only had one shared opponent, which they both played at the start of the season. It’s going to be an amazing game. Do the talking after the game.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SS still loses by 3
So he’s not playing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schommy wins the state A championship at SJB. His FOGO was 1 or 2 in terms of all catholic school FO %. He is building a nice program there. Seems like he pulls kids who either Sit the bench at a private school because of their last name, or good club kids from the plethora of terrible public schools. Definitely something to think about, as parents watch other kids play because their child is pasted to their 30 man deep bench at…SA/Chaminade//etc.

Thanks, but I’ll save the 52k in a 4 year HS tuition and use it for my sons college education. The education in most public schools is way better than an education at St John’s. As long as you have a pulse and a bachelors degree you can become a teacher at a Catholic HS. Public Schools actually require a certification to teach. If my son plays on a bad public school team but plays for a top tier travel program, he’ll get plenty of looks.

I was thinking it and you said it first.

You don't even need to play for a "top tier" travel program. College coaches will find you if you're actually good enough.

You are right all college coaches look for the boys that score 300 pts in a career playing against Yaphank over kids that work there why up thru a program getting better together. Just look at Duke and ND rosters all LI Public school kids. More in life then lacrosse..

Duke and ND also value basics like spelling and grammar.

You sound like someone who overpaid for a high-level brand club team (probably B or C team though) who would have done better elsewhere where Jimmy would actually play and be seen.

OR your just a coach for one of the expensive "AAAAAA" teams who wants to perpetuate the bs that you need to be on one of those teams to be recruited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SS doesn't have a chance. EI and TZ are too strong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumors that post season player awards have been announced. Has anyone seen anything?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a public school teacher of 20+ years I can assure you the Catholic schools are way better. I actually refuse to have the conversation with PS parents because they are delusional about it. The new curricula is designed with DEI and if you can read you can past the Regents, which are curved mightily. Feel free to view the nonsensical global regents below that cost 4-5 million to make: https://www.nysedregents.org/ghg2/home.html
41/85 on the living environment Regents is passing: https://www.nysedregents.org/LivingEnvironment/124/lenv-12024-cc.pdf.

If your kid is not earning 3+ on APs there are not prepared for college. The majority of PS kids do not read at grade level. So that middle third of kids are in for a rude awakening in college. Paying 52k for 1 year makes 52k for a HS education look like a bargain. PS produce High IQ kids who can’t read, or maintain a notebook. It’s very sad!

Oh yeah, read up on the new DEI stuff. It’s going to hit harder than ever. Kids who can read don’t need to know anything. The 55-60% who are 3 levels below the kids who can read on grade level (real #s) are going to get demolished by the reading and writing. Now you know, can’t say you weren’t warned! Don’t think for 1 sec there’s actual discipline in your kid’s country club either.

Catholic schools find that the % of kids who graduate college in 4 yrs is 61. For Jericho (the highest PS) it was 23.7%. You do the math from your school based upon Jericho. For private schools the study found 58% graduate in 4 yrs. You may not like it, but the one thing Catholic schools do very well is Education.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a public school teacher of 20+ years I can assure you the Catholic schools are way better. I actually refuse to have the conversation with PS parents because they are delusional about it. The new curricula is designed with DEI and if you can read you can past the Regents, which are curved mightily. Feel free to view the nonsensical global regents below that cost 4-5 million to make: https://www.nysedregents.org/ghg2/home.html
41/85 on the living environment Regents is passing: https://www.nysedregents.org/LivingEnvironment/124/lenv-12024-cc.pdf.

If your kid is not earning 3+ on APs there are not prepared for college. The majority of PS kids do not read at grade level. So that middle third of kids are in for a rude awakening in college. Paying 52k for 1 year makes 52k for a HS education look like a bargain. PS produce High IQ kids who can’t read, or maintain a notebook. It’s very sad!

Oh yeah, read up on the new DEI stuff. It’s going to hit harder than ever. Kids who can read don’t need to know anything. The 55-60% who are 3 levels below the kids who can read on grade level (real #s) are going to get demolished by the reading and writing. Now you know, can’t say you weren’t warned! Don’t think for 1 sec there’s actual discipline in your kid’s country club either.

Catholic schools find that the % of kids who graduate college in 4 yrs is 61. For Jericho (the highest PS) it was 23.7%. You do the math from your school based upon Jericho. For private schools the study found 58% graduate in 4 yrs. You may not like it, but the one thing Catholic schools do very well is Education.

Truth and that translated into more academic money for kids. So it was a good return.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry. You are not a public school educator. Stop lying to justify the 60k you are paying for a catholic school education. You literally make up stats with virtually no actual data to back up what you are saying. And pretty much every educator who works in a catholic school and is certified to teach, bolts as soon as they get a public school job. Why? Because the pay and benefits at catholic high schools is abysmal. The best educators will leave the first chance they get if a public school calls. They get way more money and a pension. The only ones who stay are the ones who can’t teach in public school or still haven’t gotten a public school job. If you like catholic schools because of the religious component and have money to burn……the go for it. Oh and there’s plenty of public school districts that aren’t biting with all the DEI nonsense. No way you can say they offer a better education when they consistently lose their educators to public schools

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumors that post season player awards have been announced. Has anyone seen anything?

Some teams already told their players who got individual awards, ours has not, possibly be cause we are still playing??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry. You are not a public school educator. Stop lying to justify the 60k you are paying for a catholic school education. You literally make up stats with virtually no actual data to back up what you are saying. And pretty much every educator who works in a catholic school and is certified to teach, bolts as soon as they get a public school job. Why? Because the pay and benefits at catholic high schools is abysmal. The best educators will leave the first chance they get if a public school calls. They get way more money and a pension. The only ones who stay are the ones who can’t teach in public school or still haven’t gotten a public school job. If you like catholic schools because of the religious component and have money to burn……the go for it. Oh and there’s plenty of public school districts that aren’t biting with all the DEI nonsense. No way you can say they offer a better education when they consistently lose their educators to public schools

Educators are there because they are mission driven and actually do something for than your money point of view. And you don’t get nearly the same level of dedication in public for that reason. And they don’t consistently lose their teachers, in fact I know about a dozen teachers losing their jobs in the public’s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having kids that have gone through both PS and Catholic HS on the island it is unfortunately not a comparison, wish I could say otherwise. And yes Catholic HS teachers historically have been grossly underpaid to PS hence why many of them left but the Catholic High Schools recognized this and have changed there pay/ benefits over the last decade or so to adjust. And reality is for the first time you are actually seeing some PS teachers leave for Catholic school jobs. We all know PS teachers, all you have to do is ask any of them about the culture of teaching in the new New York the last few years and they will be the first to tell you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wah wah wah about DEI. DEI has almost no impact on the quality of education at public schools and it won't in the future. It's just a Fox News talking point. Stop it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok snowfalke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Public school parents are the worst; always so defensive. Enjoy sending your kids to school w furries, while learning why they were born into privilege

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wah wah wah about DEI. DEI has almost no impact on the quality of education at public schools and it won't in the future. It's just a Fox News talking point. Stop it.

Thanks Daler mom. Why don’t you move next door to the low income housing? Oh never mind that’s the whole trashy town.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess Hills ain’t that great

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Asking for a friend nassau class a @ChillLaxin and suffolk class a will win by 10… guess playing the lil sisters of the poor all season didn’t work out well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weren’t there some Suffolk meatheads on here talking about how much better Suffolk lax is. Nassau dominates 3 of 4 today. Suffolk gets 1 win, barely. Sorry boys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weren’t there some Suffolk meatheads on here talking about how much better Suffolk lax is. Nassau dominates 3 of 4 today. Suffolk gets 1 win, barely. Sorry boys.

Think that was our fellow Nassau parents upset with how good the Dalers have been. How soft are the Dalers now????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I highly doubt it was Suffolk parents bickering on here. Nassau parents been bickering on here for weeks about their teams. Haven't seen any Suffolk talk. My sons Suffolk team lost in the semis. All solid teams!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Furries in PS is a real deal—a school tried to fire a teacher. How great is that teacher now—she HATES the place. When I realized my kids Catholic school was a great place to work is on open school night. The teachers were relaxed and themselves. PS principals want us to spout nonsense and be robots. Every PS teacher I know has the count down to their pensions and the district are counting down the days to get rid of them. Not because of salary because they want to bully the new teachers in the current nonsensical pedagogy.

The DEI is the curriculum for ‘29s and younger.You actually can’t get out of it. When I explained to a poor kid who can read and write that all the information to answer the questions is provided for you in “question clusters,” she says well what’s the point of…you and the school? I didn’t really have an answer. I can tell you that they make the reading level appropriate for the grade. So…the majority of kids are 3 levels below will not be able to do anything on the exams—might as well be in German! You can google who the DEI warrior for NYS is, she checks out as a lunatic.

The older curriculum(started June 2000) is @ChillLaxin too. The first year I taught I said this Regents is awful, I taught way more than this (didn’t even know how to teach them). A future principal says “what do you care, this makes us look good!” Ever wonder why your kids never did dissection? Here’s Another funny story. The Living Environment (not enough Bio to actually be called bio) teachers were laughing as they wondered what exactly are we to teach for the whole year in 2001.

If you can’t do the Math that’s 24 years of experience. Private school teachers do it as a calling and they often teach 40 years. So the older one’s actually know how to teach. Fun fact: we had a presentation on how to give notes!!! “That’s something we shouldn’t have thrown out in the 90s.” Your PS kid gets fill in the blank notes because teachers are lazy!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess Hills ain’t that great

Won the Suffolk County Championship. A hotbed of lacrosse. I'd give them some credit. What do I know though.. i'm just a guy that follows lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey "SS still loses by 3" -What Happened??????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey my guy any follow up comments . On to the next !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having kids that have gone through both PS and Catholic HS on the island it is unfortunately not a comparison, wish I could say otherwise. And yes Catholic HS teachers historically have been grossly underpaid to PS hence why many of them left but the Catholic High Schools recognized this and have changed there pay/ benefits over the last decade or so to adjust. And reality is for the first time you are actually seeing some PS teachers leave for Catholic school jobs. We all know PS teachers, all you have to do is ask any of them about the culture of teaching in the new New York the last few years and they will be the first to tell you.

Exactly it. If you can afford it, and get in, its a no brainer. Zero regrets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What Happened fella !!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats Dalers . Nassau Rules

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey "SS still loses by 3" -What Happened??????
It was always a +3/-3 game. Congrats to SS. They played a great game. Melk is the X factor. I wish them the best in states.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The confirmation bias is real here and everywhere on the internet. Already paid for private school? Of course you're going to defend the decision. No one wants to feel notIntelligent or like they didn't get ROI on their money.

My guess is that most of the people on this board don't even know what "DEI curriculum" even entails. You only know the acronym (that's an abbreviation using the first letter of the words in a phrase) because you heard it on Fox News or NEWSMAX.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dalers got lucky but glad to see Nassau succeed on 3 of 4. Still in shock Wantagh couldn’t pull it out Good luck to all as they move onto States

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Think that was our fellow Nassau parents upset with how good the Dalers have been. How soft are the Dalers now????

The Dalers are very soft, got absolutely smoked by GC, Manhasset, Wantagh and SS. Had no business competing in the power league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk gonna dominate next 3 seasons

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Dalers are very soft, got absolutely smoked by GC, Manhasset, Wantagh and SS. Had no business competing in the power league.

Power league is real. Clear delineation between classes A through D especially in Nassau.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dale beat Syo, Pequa x2, PW x2, CSH. Does that mean that all those teams are weak and soft as well? Just following the logic here. Def not the power of the conference, but not the dogs.
Think before you type. Helps everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Power league works! Suffolk teams were soft and weren’t prepared!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Furries in PS is a real deal—a school tried to fire a teacher. How great is that teacher now—she HATES the place. When I realized my kids Catholic school was a great place to work is on open school night. The teachers were relaxed and themselves. PS principals want us to spout nonsense and be robots. Every PS teacher I know has the count down to their pensions and the district are counting down the days to get rid of them. Not because of salary because they want to bully the new teachers in the current nonsensical pedagogy.

The DEI is the curriculum for ‘29s and younger.You actually can’t get out of it. When I explained to a poor kid who can read and write that all the information to answer the questions is provided for you in “question clusters,” she says well what’s the point of…you and the school? I didn’t really have an answer. I can tell you that they make the reading level appropriate for the grade. So…the majority of kids are 3 levels below will not be able to do anything on the exams—might as well be in German! You can google who the DEI warrior for NYS is, she checks out as a lunatic.

The older curriculum(started June 2000) is @ChillLaxin too. The first year I taught I said this Regents is awful, I taught way more than this (didn’t even know how to teach them). A future principal says “what do you care, this makes us look good!” Ever wonder why your kids never did dissection? Here’s Another funny story. The Living Environment (not enough Bio to actually be called bio) teachers were laughing as they wondered what exactly are we to teach for the whole year in 2001.

If you can’t do the Math that’s 24 years of experience. Private school teachers do it as a calling and they often teach 40 years. So the older one’s actually know how to teach. Fun fact: we had a presentation on how to give notes!!! “That’s something we shouldn’t have thrown out in the 90s.” Your PS kid gets fill in the blank notes because teachers are lazy!

Give it a rest. You sound like a dummmy

Like Reply Quote
Page 273 of 275 1 2 271 272 273 274 275
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard