BOTC BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Tryouts Now Posted Onine!!! | Last Chance to attend The CB Laxers Girls UnD1sputed Showcase on Monday - Get Seeb by going to CBLaxers.com | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,818
Posts393,819
Members2,614
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 27 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 26 27
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
venom lost in the semis

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dune Dawgs parent here-i have read ALOT of negative comments about Express, but didn't know if it was bitter parents or accurate. We are a B team, and we all know that. However, last weekend, Express comes to a tournament, brings kids with SA helmets on and smokes us by several goals. We play them again yesterday (parents were not looking forward to it). We beat them 3-1. Why? Because they didn't bring their SA ringers with them. I don't know the guys who run it except by name only, but judging by the comments on here, i guess we shouldn't be surprise. that's bush league. They should be ashamed. If you're a B team, then play B team tournaments. If you're an A team, then play A/AA team tournaments. Made them look like @ChillLaxin IMO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
congrats to LE, they really tested themselves the past 2 weekends

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear 2028 Prime Time mom watching your kid on Sunday at NAL with your dog front row, right around the 50 yard line. Most normal people would have been mortified if they had to hold their dog, who was going nuts, back from going after the boys when they came close to the sideline. But not you, you thought it was funny and even commented to the ref (who should've asked you to leave the field). Keep your damned dog away from the field.

People like you and holdbacks are the reason we can't have nice things.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Dune Dawgs parent here-i have read ALOT of negative comments about Express, but didn't know if it was bitter parents or accurate. We are a B team, and we all know that. However, last weekend, Express comes to a tournament, brings kids with SA helmets on and smokes us by several goals. We play them again yesterday (parents were not looking forward to it). We beat them 3-1. Why? Because they didn't bring their SA ringers with them. I don't know the guys who run it except by name only, but judging by the comments on here, i guess we shouldn't be surprise. that's bush league. They should be ashamed. If you're a B team, then play B team tournaments. If you're an A team, then play A/AA team tournaments. Made them look like @ChillLaxin IMO.

Amen! Glad you got a fair chance

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quite opposite actually. If they were really testing themselves they would be playing all on age kids and not with kids who should be playing with 27s. Just saying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Venom is the only consistently good team on the island.

Chucks having team made up of mostly former rebels and lumberjax is hurting them.

Legacy continues to only beat weaker teams. They have been like this for years I guess they are consistent also.

Too bad the Lacrosse world is bigger than Long Island

What is too bad is 13/14 yr olds can’t beat 15/16 year olds. Facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quite opposite actually. If they were really testing themselves they would be playing all on age kids and not with kids who should be playing with 27s. Just saying.

We’re way past the age based play request, I would settle for grade based but that obviously way to much of an ask.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Score one for the good guys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

News flash if you on this forum bashing kids teams or anyone you’re not a good person. So go yell at your husband or wife and shut your mouth

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

News flash if you on this forum bashing kids teams or anyone you’re not a good person. So go yell at your husband or wife and shut your mouth

Should they yell at their husband/wife or shut their mouth? They can’t do both, please make up your mind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Venom is the only consistently good team on the island.

Chucks having team made up of mostly former rebels and lumberjax is hurting them.

Legacy continues to only beat weaker teams. They have been like this for years I guess they are consistent also.

Too bad the Lacrosse world is bigger than Long Island

What is too bad is 13/14 yr olds can’t beat 15/16 year olds. Facts.

I totally agree with you which is why I don’t know why people are always complaining about holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2028 Express Orange was playing yesterday and last week Express Black.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would black enter that tournament? Is there express (1) chucks, (2) black, and (3) orange? 3 teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sure about that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey BOC police … Can we bash slippery club directors or players (without using names) who aren’t in the grade but play down?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would black enter that tournament? Is there express (1) chucks, (2) black, and (3) orange? 3 teams?

The Express team that played last week in the JC17 wasn't called Express Black or Orange, it was Express CoachC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Express team that played last week in the JC17 wasn't called Express Black or Orange, it was Express CoachC.

So they have 4 teams? Express CoachC is a 2027-2028 combo team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the congrats to LE was a joke, at least i hope it was, it should be more like congrats to LE on completing their first and second year of high school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey BOC police … Can we bash slippery club directors or players (without using names) who aren’t in the grade but play down?
Go bash your ugly wife

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was Express CoachC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the congrats to LE was a joke, at least i hope it was, it should be more like congrats to LE on completing their first and second year of high school

Let’s hope.

I wonder if there are tournaments for the 2027’s to play in this weekend outside of the 2028 bracket at tri-star.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go bash your ugly wife

Sensitive much ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Should they yell at their husband/wife or shut their mouth? They can’t do both, please make up your mind.
Haaa! Good one. This clown prob yells at his wife in sign language

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think the whole 60 kids on express thing gets blown up next season. A lot of unhappy folks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express parents are the worst.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question: You're on Venom but didn't see the field on Sunday. Obviously the coaches worry about the best kids and making them happy and wanting them to stay. Is it worth staying and getting the practices or is it more important seeing the field and being a big contributor on another team?

Depends. Does your kid have college lacrosse dreams? If so go somewhere with good coaches where he'll play a lot. Can't be recruited if you're standing on the sidelines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not even close.

The worst parents out there are the ones who allow their kids who aren’t in the grade to play down. You know, the we’re thinking about reclassing or just helping out type. Those are the actual WORST!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not even close.

The worst parents out there are the ones who allow their kids who aren’t in the grade to play down. You know, the we’re thinking about reclassing or just helping out type. Those are the actual WORST!

Agreed- these are the true worst parents. LE parents should be embarrassed posting championship pics when they have high school kids playing this summer. Maybe they will reclass after the summer but truth is they haven’t yet so they are playing DOWN. They’ll show up at Tristar no doubt and maybe high five the Chucks high school FOGO they are undoubtedly flying in for this tourney.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am officially convinced that the lacrosse world has gone fool. So now it’s ok for a kid to play in the 28 division if the kid should be a 27, but took the steps to reclass in school? But the line in the sand is if the kid is still officially a 27 but is just playing down with the 28’s? The fact that anyone with a brain thinks that either of these two scenarios is anything but pathetic is perplexing.
It’s all pathetic.
It’s all cheating.
It’s all parents taking advantage of the system which is beyond broken.
If your kid is playing with younger kids out of the designated USA lacrosse age guidelines, he is not good enough to hang with his peers.
If your son is a reclass or playing down he is not tough enough for kids his own age.
If your son is a reclass or playing down he is not fast enough for kids his own age.
If your son is a reclass or playing down he is not smart enough to have the level of lacrosse IQ to compete on age.
Plain hard truth. You’re looked at on the sidelines and people loathe you. Your kids are talked about by other coaches in a negative connotation. On Mondays from late May until late July, parents and kids mention your son’s name and or number and it is not nice comments that follow. Your kids are made fun of in group chats. Your kids are not respected as much as you thought they would be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not even close.

Completely agree!! We all know plenty of teams where this is the norm.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same person supporting his own comments repeatedly. At least space them out or try to sound like a different person. Get a grip.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am officially convinced that the lacrosse world has gone fool. So now it’s ok for a kid to play in the 28 division if the kid should be a 27, but took the steps to reclass in school? But the line in the sand is if the kid is still officially a 27 but is just playing down with the 28’s? The fact that anyone with a brain thinks that either of these two scenarios is anything but pathetic is perplexing.
It’s all pathetic.
It’s all cheating.
If your kid is playing with younger kids out of the designated USA lacrosse age guidelines, he is not good enough to hang with his peers.
If your son is a reclass or playing down he is not tough enough for kids his own age.
If your son is a reclass or playing down he is not fast enough for kids his own age.
If your son is a reclass or playing down he is not smart enough to have the level of lacrosse IQ to compete on age.
Plain hard truth. You’re looked at on the sidelines and people loathe you. Your kids are talked about by other coaches in a negative connotation. On Mondays from late May until late July, parents and kids mention your son’s name and or number and it is not nice comments that follow. Your kids are made fun of in group chats. Your kids are not respected as much as you thought they would be.

Amen to this!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s all pathetic.
It’s all cheating.

Since there are no rules against reclassifying / age restrictions as a 2028 I have no issue for any former 2027 or even 2026 playing as a 2028 if they are actually in the grade.

It’s grade based play for as broken as the system is. If a player just finished 9th grade with the intent of reclassing or just playing down that’s cheating no other way around it.

The problem is certain club directors push this on parents and tell them it’s fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding Venom parent whose son isn't playing-can someone comment on the top A/AA programs on the Island? I know there's not a ton, but I'll give mine, and feel free to correct it.

Venom
Express (black, not orange, not CoachC, not Houliahan LOL)
S2S? I know a few kids left, but are they still competitive?
Legacy/Igloo/Rush/BTB
True Blue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
morning everyone-can someone please explain showcases, how they work, how you get into them? Do you have to have your club coach sign off on it, or can a kid enter themselves? Son is interested in getting more exposure, wasn't sure how to get into some of these showcases that he's seen online. Thanks for the help.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would any kid WANT to play against younger kids? Just to beat up on them and look good? That's not going to help them when they get to college.

I'd rather my son be so competitive that he never wants to play against little kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s all pathetic.
It’s all cheating.

Amen to this!!

First off, you’re talking about children. Kids. Small humans. I’m going to bet you played lacrosse in high school, maybe D3 college, but probably not. And that’s because your parents didn’t push you. You had all of the potential but now those $6k fees you pay for your child are actually for you. For you to achieve your dreams through them, your only vessel to attain these “could haves.” It’s going to end buddy. High school will be over and once they’re in college they’ll likely get as far away from you as possible because you are unhinged and the pressure you placed on them. You definitely peaked in high school and you are definitely stuck there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding Venom parent whose son isn't playing-can someone comment on the top A/AA programs on the Island? I know there's not a ton, but I'll give mine, and feel free to correct it.

Venom
Express (black, not orange, not CoachC, not Houliahan LOL)
S2S? I know a few kids left, but are they still competitive?
Legacy/Igloo/Rush/BTB
True Blue

This is all for next year

Top AA - Venom, Express Black, New team AA
AA - S2S, BTB, Igloo, Surge, New team A
A- rebels black, frost, dune Dawgs, Gsb white, Hitmen, ECE, Express Orange

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s all pathetic.
It’s all cheating.

Amen to this!!

First off, you’re talking about children. Kids. Small humans. I’m going to bet you played lacrosse in high school, maybe D3 college, but probably not. And that’s because your parents didn’t push you. You had all of the potential but now those $6k fees you pay for your child are actually for you. For you to achieve your dreams through them, your only vessel to attain these “could haves.” It’s going to end buddy. High school will be over and once they’re in college they’ll likely get as far away from you as possible because you are unhinged and the pressure you placed on them. You definitely peaked in high school and you are definitely stuck there.

Nice try

Like Reply Quote
Page 19 of 27 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 26 27
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard