BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by baldbear -
Boys High School
by TM@BOTC -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,943
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 95 of 101 1 2 93 94 95 96 97 100 101
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My understanding is that it goes into effect for the 2025 season.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Class A, B, C, D predictions for this year??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

A. Mamaroneck will take down Scarsdale. Mamaroneck will have more possessions than previous years and that will give them the edge. Look out for Carmel though. They are an experienced squad that could make some noise and potentially make the final.

B. Yorktown will take down Somers. Somers will have some fight but it will be tough to score against Yorktown in 2024. Greeley will be good but is 1 year away. They are talented but I am not sure if their coach is any good despite what the people on this forum say.

C. Rye will roll in Class C. I think John Jay is good but is nowhere near as talented as Rye. Their goalie will need to have the game of his life if they want to take down the Garnets. Pelham has a chance to upset Jay but it’s unlikely.

D. This is Pleasantville’s year, the whole team returns after going 19-2. It’s state title or bust and their brutal regular season schedule will prepare them for CSH. Bronxville and Haldane will battle to face them in the chip. I give the edge to Bronxville because of the goalie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Carmel makes the final it will be more because A is weak than anything else. Yes, they return most of their team, but the team was just decent last year. Nowadays, these kids don't magically become Paul Rabil just because they have aged a year. Their game experience and stick skills are very well versed at younger and younger ages. North Rockland will take a step back and Carmel may jump them. Other than maybe Arlington, there is nothing else at A, other than of course Mamo and Dale.

C might have the most good teams. Rye will be head and shoulders above every one else, but there are a lot of teams that can make semis.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A. Mamaroneck will take down Scarsdale. Mamaroneck will have more possessions than previous years and that will give them the edge. Look out for Carmel though. They are an experienced squad that could make some noise and potentially make the final.

B. Yorktown will take down Somers. Somers will have some fight but it will be tough to score against Yorktown in 2024. Greeley will be good but is 1 year away. They are talented but I am not sure if their coach is any good despite what the people on this forum say.

C. Rye will roll in Class C. I think John Jay is good but is nowhere near as talented as Rye. Their goalie will need to have the game of his life if they want to take down the Garnets. Pelham has a chance to upset Jay but it’s unlikely.

D. This is Pleasantville’s year, the whole team returns after going 19-2. It’s state title or bust and their brutal regular season schedule will prepare them for CSH. Bronxville and Haldane will battle to face them in the chip. I give the edge to Bronxville because of the goalie.
A - Scarsdale will always be strong and while this is a rebuild year for them, they're still one of the top teams in Section 1. But this is Mamo's year to make it happen. I don't see anyone else topping them in A. Carmel will be a formidable force, but they aren't quite there yet, but don't be surprised if they have some eyebrow-raising wins. Arlington same thing.

B - It's Yorktown then everyone else. Somers might be the only team to challenge them, but I don't see the streak of consecutive finals appearances ending this year. There might be some surprise upsets during the season, but unless there is a fluke in the rankings, Yorktown/Somers is your B final

C - It's Rye. That's the take. They are stacked and no one in C is going to top them. The best team that has the chance is John Jay, but they better get it done this year. Pelham always makes it interesting, but I wouldn't expect to see Rye play a large Section 1 schedule this year, they need to test themselves an prep for states.

D - Pleasentville and Bronxville, who I believe is still without a Head Coach. P'ville reloads so I think they are everyone's target this year, but I don't know who has the firepower to upend them. Haldane and Briarcliff should keep things interesting.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ooh, boy that Iona Prep schedule is a beast, Is anyone else playing a schedule this loaded?
https://x.com/ionapreplax/status/1754593046287548608?s=20

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
- Iona cant run with the big boys Wick, chaminade, st anthonys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trizano has done an amazing job at Iona prep. those 2 way 2026's are top not athletes. future looks bright

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess we will find out 2 out of your three, but iron sharpens iron. IP will get better from those games regardless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D - Pleasentville and Bronxville, who I believe is still without a Head Coach. P'ville reloads so I think they are everyone's target this year, but I don't know who has the firepower to upend them. Haldane and Briarcliff should keep things interesting.

----Bronxville hired a coach I believe.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think PVille is dominant this year and they fall off big time after seniors graduate. Haldane is good and should have a battle with Bronxville for runner up.

Bronxville hired an assistant coach more than a month ago and he will serve under their AD who is the temporary head coach. Assistant is True Westchester director/coach, blake. Interesting hire??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do people like/dislike true so far. How are the tourneys etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True westchester- trying very hard. But very low level team for the area. But like teams like 91tri-state , will offer their best players a national spot and either entice or keep decent players because they are now on the 91 national or true national teams. At the end of the day, those kids are still on a very low level club team and well below high level lax players. The national club game is what is exactly wrong with lacrosse. But when 91 is very strong in most areas other than tri-state as well as true out in the Midwest , they hook players offering national spots. Facts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True westchester- trying very hard. But very low level team for the area. But like teams like 91tri-state , will offer their best players a national spot and either entice or keep decent players because they are now on the 91 national or true national teams. At the end of the day, those kids are still on a very low level club team and well below high level lax players. The national club game is what is exactly wrong with lacrosse. But when 91 is very strong in most areas other than tri-state as well as true out in the Midwest , they hook players offering national spots. Facts

ty for the candid response, if your child was not AAA caliber , but not A/B caliber, what is best program in the area ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not every kid is a AA player right, so, my experience is that 91 tri-state and True would be a good option. They run good programs, good people and an option you may consider. Predators is about the same, however, they will have a team or two that may play at the AA level, just not as consistent throughout the grades. The 2029's are solid, but, most of the other grades are not near them. It is hit or miss. I would take a look at Tri-state and go from there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ty for the candid response, if your child was not AAA caliber , but not A/B caliber, what is best program in the area ?

There is no such thing as "best program in the area", even for a certain level of player. They are all very different, and even teams within a club can be very different from each other. I have had multiple kids play on multiple clubs over many years and have seen it all - not just with my kids but with other kids' teams. There are teams where all the kids play exactly the same minutes, while there are teams where the best players play a lot more at the expense of others. There are teams with great coaching and instruction but they don't win because they lack speed/athletism. There are teams with great athletes that win with minimum coaching and learning. There are teams that are very structured and run well-versed plays all game long, while there are teams that just roll the balls out and play street ball. There are teams where the volunteer parent team manager has an outsized effect on your kid's experience (both good and bad) while there are teams where everything is centralized through the owner/director. There are teams where everything runs through one kid on offense, while there are teams that are very balanced in approach. There are teams where everything is perfect but they don't win because they are weak at goalie and FO, and everything sours as a result. There are teams that are dominant at FO and the polls get limited game action, which means your kid wins, but if he is a poll he stands around a lot. I can go on and on.

The bottom line is that you just need a team where you kid is happy, wants to go to practice and the tournaments, is getting playing time, and improving and learning the game - this is especially true the younger he is. It is very difficult to find out where this is until you jump in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
awesome answers !!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Westchester is building a solid program, give them some time. Very well organized and run by great people who care about the kids. Plus they offer much more practices/tournaments compared to anyone else in this area for a very similar price.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I think PVille is dominant this year and they fall off big time after seniors graduate. Haldane is good and should have a battle with Bronxville for runner up.

Pville will not fall off after this year. They have good players in the 25/26 classes. They won’t be what they were this year but they will always be in the mix. They are one of the best small school programs in NY and it’s because of their youth programs and kids staying in the district instead of going private.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not to argue, remove one of the best players in the section and there will be a considerable fall off. I know many of the 25s and know the youth and still think there will be a considerable fall off. The team lost two regular season games last year, and yes a powerhouse small school. You said it yourself, "They won’t be what they were this year but they will always be in the mix." I think they could beat anyone in section 1, they will not be able to do that after this year and not close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two things can be true at the same time. Pleasantville will drop considerably 24 to 25. Pleasantville will also be one of the 2 or 3 best Class D teams in the Section in 25.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Greeley Schedule Out- Carmel, McMahon, Tappan Zee, Cold Spring Harbor, Arlington, Briarcliff, Greenwich, Brewster, Fox Lane, Bronxville, John Jay, Mahopac, Somers, Byram Hills, Mamaroneck, North Rockland...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predicted record?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10-5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
13-3 could be better and could be worse with injuries

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is John Jay looking this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to think Greeley will beat Somers & John Jay? Right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beat Somers last year, Somers is the same team, new coach. John Jay not the same team as last year, graduated quite a bit, left with Duva and Kiefer and goalie. I think they decline from last year and greeley lost to them by 1. They are done after this year. I think Somers rebounds a bit, but, there is an internal problem that continues to exist that may be the reason why the team cannot get it together again this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Greeley Schedule Out- Carmel, McMahon, Tappan Zee, Cold Spring Harbor, Arlington, Briarcliff, Greenwich, Brewster, Fox Lane, Bronxville, John Jay, Mahopac, Somers, Byram Hills, Mamaroneck, North Rockland...

Give them credit for upping their schedule.

Carmel tossup, but W
McMahon, they lost a winnable game last year should be a W
TZ. W
Cold Spring Harbor, L
Arlington, could go either way? Long bus ride. W
Briarcliff, W
Greenwich, L
Brewster, W
Fox Lane, W
Bronxville, L
JJ, L could go either way. FO will be tough wins
Mahopac, L
Somers, L. Both teams are virtually the same. Somers have a lot to prove especially in this one. Could go either way
Byram, L this will be a battle.
Mamaroneck, L
North Rockland, W

This could be an 8 win team it could be a 12-13 win team. There’s about 5 games here that are tossups right now.

Battle is really the playoffs anyway. They’ll solidly be in and they’ll be battle tested for sure. They have a more competitive schedule, now go win the games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could be a good year for Greeley. A lot of talk about Yorktown repeating. Yes they have a returning defense ,but not much on the offensive side. Somers, Greeley will be tough outs. Going to be fun to watch

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The "Thread Title" indicates Westchester NY/Fairfield CT Youth Lacrosse, but I have never seen a post/comment about Fairfield CT lax.

Where are the CT posts/forums or websites that cover CT (RI, MA, VT & NH)?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beat Somers last year, Somers is the same team, new coach. John Jay not the same team as last year, graduated quite a bit, left with Duva and Kiefer and goalie. I think they decline from last year and greeley lost to them by 1. They are done after this year. I think Somers rebounds a bit, but, there is an internal problem that continues to exist that may be the reason why the team cannot get it together again this year.
Somers lost a very winnable game against Greeley. They were man-down way too much in that game - if I remember the refs were calling alot. Greeley won where it counted

Greeley also played probably their best game against John Jay and still lost by one. Jay did not play a great game and nearly gave it away - Greely is a year better and more experienced, JJ graduated a lot but they still have a solid goalie and can possess the ball. Greeley needs to show they can win games when they aren't scoring a lot. It's definitely doable in 2024.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Greeley Somers game was not very winnable for Somers and it was not as close as the scoreboard read. Greeley was up 4 with 3 mins to go and gave back two at the end. They dominated every part of that game, just saying. I think Somers rebounds a bit though this year. Greeley has as very high powered offense and it needs to show up against the best competition and get it done this year...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Greeley Somers game was not very winnable for Somers and it was not as close as the scoreboard read. Greeley was up 4 with 3 mins to go and gave back two at the end. They dominated every part of that game, just saying. I think Somers rebounds a bit though this year. Greeley has as very high powered offense and it needs to show up against the best competition and get it done this year...
Im going to disagree with you here. I was at this game. Greeley put up a bunch of goals against ok-to-mediocre teams. Against Somers almost all their goals were man-up or fast breaks and it was one of their lowest scoring games. Somers slowed them down in even strength and Greely struggled to clear the ball. I think everyone agrees Somers did not play up to their capabilites/expectations at all last year and they did not play particularly well and it was still a close game.

Both teams return the bulk of their rosters. This game will be a good one either team can win it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could be a good year for Greeley. A lot of talk about Yorktown repeating. Yes they have a returning defense ,but not much on the offensive side. Somers, Greeley will be tough outs. Going to be fun to watch

Not much on the Offensive side, they have a few D1 middies, a sophomore who will definitely be recruited and a bunch of very good sophomores who will be contributing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
World Series predictions?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A couple of mid level D1 commits ans a bunch of sophomores? Not too exciting. Probably good enough for sec 1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A couple of mid level D1 commits ans a bunch of sophomores? Not too exciting. Probably good enough for sec 1

It doesn’t matter what level they are, are they going to play in college? Enough said! Yorktown is going to be the best team in Section 1 at any level, so yes, Definitely good enough. #Clown

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It doesn’t matter what level they are, are they going to play in college? Enough said! Yorktown is going to be the best team in Section 1 at any level, so yes, Definitely good enough. #Clown

<Rye> Enters the Chat.
<Mamaronek> Enters the Chat.
<Bronxville> Enters the Chat.
<Pleasantville> Enters the Chat

Yorktown is going to be the usual self they are. They will play a tough schedule, they will handle the teams they need to and will be in the Class B Final again. Best team in Section 1? That's a tough argument for anyone outside of Yorktown to make before the first practice starts. They will 100% be in the mix for it, but to claim it outright on March 8th is a bit much, even for Yorktown

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown has no offense, couple good poles , 2nd best 2026 goalie

John Jay has great offense, no poles, and best 2026 goalie in the section.

Like Reply Quote
Page 95 of 101 1 2 93 94 95 96 97 100 101
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard