BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,001
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 94 of 101 1 2 92 93 94 95 96 100 101
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Schreiber hopefully righting the ship and climbing out the of the second tier in the region but please let’s not mistake Lax Magazine with unbiased rankings and reporting. Maybe one of the worst ranking services.
Who peed on your breakfast today? darn. The kids got ranked, good on them for working hard and gaining recognition. Why do you care if it's not a good enough ranking list for you?
Ill use the same arguement I do for any ranking, If you think it's not a good list, then who do you put in their place? or What ranking system should we be looking at that's better?

Man, the negativity on this forum is so unnecessary. Kids worked hard and get recogniized, how about we celebrate that.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the club season is over for most (Besides kids that are on national) I want to drop a pre-season Section 1 top-ten list

1. Rye - 5 high-level D1 commits, kept it close with Manhasset in the state semis without losing much going into this year.
2. Yorktown - Whole D1 defense returns, a bunch of very good offensive pieces back from last year. Goalie is exceptional.
3. Pleasantville - A smaller school but the whole team from last year returns after going 19-2. Can the role players take a step?
4. John Jay - Very good senior class but it's do or die. After this year it's a rebuild. The offense is good but can they get stops?
5. Scarsdale - FOGO is gone but there is still lots of talent left on the roster. They are well-coached but do they have the firepower?
6. Mamaroneck - I want to put them over Scaradale but I can't until they can take them down on the biggest stage. Lots of depth.
7. Somers - Underachieved last year. Should be hungry with a new coaching staff. Championship experience gained from football.
8. Horace Greeley - Whole team returns from last year. Need to see them against good comp. Talented, but are they well-coached?
9. Mahopac - Always a gritty bunch. They lose some firepower but are still a team you'd rather not see come playoffs.
10. Bronxville - Anchored by the best goalie in Section 1. Lots lost to graduation but there is always talent. Haldane is coming for them...

I agree with this list. The only thing I disagree with is JJ at 4. I would slide them down below Scarsdale and Mamaroneck at 6. Rye Yorktown and Pville are very close at the top. It’s going to be an interesting season in Section 1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the best 2026 goalie in the country. JJ should have a great year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schreiber hopefully righting the ship and climbing out the of the second tier in the region but please let’s not mistake Lax Magazine with unbiased rankings and reporting. Maybe one of the worst ranking services.
Who peed on your breakfast today? darn. The kids got ranked, good on them for working hard and gaining recognition. Why do you care if it's not a good enough ranking list for you?
Ill use the same arguement I do for any ranking, If you think it's not a good list, then who do you put in their place? or What ranking system should we be looking at that's better?

Man, the negativity on this forum is so unnecessary. Kids worked hard and get recogniized, how about we celebrate that.

Sounds like you are affiliated with EN so I understand your defensiveness and bias but calling something for what it is is not negative . I think your reply is much more negative than mine. I said I hope he’s righting the ship but rankings from lacrosse
Magazine are to be taken with a grain of salt as it is not a thorough nor unbiased publication. And it is great for the kids but like I said, it’s lacrosse magazine. It’s the same with inside lacrosse ratings as well as others, they are suspect at best and far behind other sports rankings systems as well. But my post was in response to EN doing an amazing job in the previous post which was not simply “about the kids”. Hopefully they are doing an amazing job by lacrosse magazine neither validates nor invalidates their successes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who runs Lacrosse magazine ?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
EN no?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been hearing nothing but great things from parents about the True Westchester program the last year or so. I know they are newish but might be a solid program to look out for in the future.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I

Sounds like you are affiliated with EN so I understand your defensiveness and bias but calling something for what it is is not negative . I think your reply is much more negative than mine. I said I hope he’s righting the ship but rankings from lacrosse
Magazine are to be taken with a grain of salt as it is not a thorough nor unbiased publication. And it is great for the kids but like I said, it’s lacrosse magazine. It’s the same with inside lacrosse ratings as well as others, they are suspect at best and far behind other sports rankings systems as well. But my post was in response to EN doing an amazing job in the previous post which was not simply “about the kids”. Hopefully they are doing an amazing job by lacrosse magazine neither validates nor invalidates their successes
Not affiliated with EN and I am not defensive about them or anyone else. But you came on here basically bashing the existence of a ranking system that put up a few of EN players. Players who are very good. Why did you find it necessary to make a post denigrating the ranking? The kids worked hard and were recognized. The only takeaway you seem to have from that is that the ranking itself. You also take issue with inside lacrosse's ranking. What other ranking is really out there? Please let us all know what one we should be following. The only way to really read your post is that we should take the ranking with a grain of salt which means the kids don't deserve it. How is anyone to read it differently?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams starting to release their schedules. Somers and Yorktown not going to see each other until the playoffs is an interesting tid-bit....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somers, yawn? Who are the LI teams they put on their schedule? Soft schedule. They have a lot of team “chemistry” to work on. I mean , they need a scientist in the kitchen. Goalie is mid, who plays D for them?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somers, yawn? Who are the LI teams they put on their schedule? Soft schedule. They have a lot of team “chemistry” to work on. I mean , they need a scientist in the kitchen. Goalie is mid, who plays D for them?
I want whatever this guy is on. It seems like fun!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone seen the enrollment classifications for 2024? Same as 2023?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone seen the enrollment classifications for 2024? Same as 2023?
Class A: Yonkers, Wappingers, Ossinig/Peekskill, New Rochelle, North Rockland, Arlington, White Plains, Mamaroneck, Scarsdale, Suffern, Carmel

Class B: L/P, Fox Lane, Clarkstown North & South, Mahopac, Harrison, Greeley, Yorktown, Brewster, Somers

Class C: Eastchester, Pelham JJCR, Tappan Zee, Nyack, Rye, Byram, Nauet, Sleepy Hollow, Pearl River, Ardsley, Hen Hud, Edgemont,

Class D: Hastings, Irvington Pleasantville, PV, Briarcliff, Rye Neck, Croton, Bronxville, Westlake, Albertus Magnus, Dobbs, Blind Brook, Pawling, North Salem, Haldane, Keio, Valhalla, Port Chester (I believe they are an A school playing in D?) Tuckahoe

Not much class movement from 2023: Eastchester moves from B to C, with Brewster going the other way moving up to B. Other thing is three new schools: Valhalla, Tuckahoe and Port Chester but I believe they are planning on a JV only schedule for 2024. Ossining and Peekskill continue their merged team from 2023. Hastings is not a merged team this year and hopefully Edgemont can field a team again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the classifications.

Class A; I predict it will be Arlington's year. It is very interesting to hear that Peekskill & Ossining (P/O) are merging. Hope Coach Hallinan is still in charge.

One interesting thing to me is that P/O gets moved up to A, based upon HS enrollment of a combined 2,540. Looking at the NYSED data, the following is A HS enrollment #s (2022-23):
Arlington: 2,515
WP: 2,193
Mamaro: 1,614
Suffern: 1,480
Scars: 1,438
Carm: 1,338

Why does Lakeland/Panas get to stay in B, when their combined HS enrollment is 1,814.

It's been something bothering me since they lost to Scarsdale, back to back seasons for Class A.
If P/O has to move up, so should L/P.

Pivoting, does anyone have the League breakdowns?
Want to bet L/P is in a League that they shouldn't be in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The formula is complicated, and I have never fully understood it, but they do not simply add the two schools enrollments. For L/P, it is the higher of the two's enrollment, plus a percentage of the smaller. The NYSPHSAA website has the chart listed.

For my purposes, the bigger beef is the existence of the combined teams. It limits opportunities for kids to play. You see this being abused in hockey, for instance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the classifications.

Class A; I predict it will be Arlington's year. It is very interesting to hear that Peekskill & Ossining (P/O) are merging. Hope Coach Hallinan is still in charge.

One interesting thing to me is that P/O gets moved up to A, based upon HS enrollment of a combined 2,540. Looking at the NYSED data, the following is A HS enrollment #s (2022-23):
Arlington: 2,515
WP: 2,193
Mamaro: 1,614
Suffern: 1,480
Scars: 1,438
Carm: 1,338

Why does Lakeland/Panas get to stay in B, when their combined HS enrollment is 1,814.

It's been something bothering me since they lost to Scarsdale, back to back seasons for Class A.
If P/O has to move up, so should L/P.

Ossining is firmly an A team so that is why. Other teams - L/P as an example - swing between classes based on enrollment. Some middle-pack B teams were in class C only 3-4 years ago and vice versa.

As to the combined teams, I don't think it limits anyone. The teams combine so there are ones to play on - they combine because on their own they'd never have enough to field a program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

League breakdowns haven't been determined for 2024 yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

League breakdowns haven't been determined for 2024 yet.
I should clearer - the leagues have been determined because teams have been doing the scheduling and league is given to them, I don't know if a full list is put out for lacrosse. BOCES has the overall list, but lacrosse doesn't always follow it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Club Lacrosse latest rankings out. 2025 and 2026 Prime Time in top 10 for both years. Interesting ranking levels for both years.
I have no skin in this game for any club.

Westchester/CT Teams
2025:
4 Prime Time (2025)
10 Eclipse Black (2025)
32 LI Express Schreiber (2025)
35 Express North Black (2025)
81 2Way Black (2025)
93 Team 91 Tristate Select (2025)
145 Westchester Predators (2025)
154 3d NE South (2025)

2026:
10 Prime Time (2026)
13 Eclipse Black (2026)
21 2Way Black (2026)
41 Express North Black (2026)
88 Westchester Predators AA (2026)
140 2Way North Black (2026)
144 Eclipse Orange (2026)
146 True Blue (2026)
160 2way Carolina (2026)
162 Express North Orange Saracino (2026)
164 True Westchester (2026)
185 3d NE South (2026)
188 Team 91 Tristate Select (2026)
229 Westchester Predators A (2026)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Thanks for the classifications.

Class A; I predict it will be Arlington's year.

This is a joke right ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Thanks for the classifications.

Class A; I predict it will be Arlington's year.

This is a joke right ?
It's not too far fetched given what they did a few years ago: beating a 12 win season, beating really good Byram and Jay teams, and loosing a heartbreaker in like 2 or 3 OT to Suffern in the playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
looking at the rankings posted above

EN 2026 ranked 41st? how do you get 5 kids ranked top 60 when your ranked 41st? that is quite impressive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

EN 2026 ranked 41st? how do you get 5 kids ranked top 60 when your ranked 41st? that is quite impressive

for all the Haters , that is the power of a great director, Schreiber and his co-director Coach Mezz, getting it done- hardwork pays off

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because individual player rankings are done differently and by an entirely different entity?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True... the actuality is.. no one really cares what the one percent director thinks..Colleges want to see your son play live.. not be a number on paper. They invest a lot of resources to their commits. They want to make sure they make the right call. Even after they " commit" they still want the kid to play.. remember they can always change their mind!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You realize the highest nationally ranked goalie in the 2026 class is in section 1, Mezz? There are a lot of good goalies in the section. Dont sleep on Express N freshman goalie Kaplow pushing for starting job at Greeley out of the gate this season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The above comment was a reply to:

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The above comment was a reply to:

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You realize the highest nationally ranked goalie in the 2026 class is in section 1, Mezz? There are a lot of good goalies in the section. Dont sleep on Express N freshman goalie Kaplow pushing for starting job at Greeley out of the gate this season.
Ah… it’s good to see the sane and sage parents of Greeley Lacrosse are getting an early start to the season.
This comment won’t ruffle any feathers on the varsity team who have two very good and experienced goalies on staff already.
No pressure on a freshman goalie who’s not seen a second on a varsity field.
Nice to see some things never change

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stating the obvious view of all of section 1, nice try with Greeley parent. Get off your computer and get out and watch what is going on. Stating the JJ goalie is the best in the section is out of touch, but, as a JJ parent, makes sense as that is probably the only goalie you have seen in the last year. I feel your anger with the Greeley program's success and with a coaching staff that actually gives a dam.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stating the obvious view of all of section 1, nice try with Greeley parent. Get off your computer and get out and watch what is going on. Stating the JJ goalie is the best in the section is out of touch, but, as a JJ parent, makes sense as that is probably the only goalie you have seen in the last year. I feel your anger with the Greeley program's success and with a coaching staff that actually gives a dam.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, you guys are all pumped up. Can't wait for the season to start.

How about the Greeley detest. It's borderline resentful.

The goalie talk is hysterical. The Coach of EN 2026 is Mezz. Based upon his lax playing experience, I would say this situation reeks of daddy ball.
I look forward to see where the #1 2026 goalie ends up. Based upon this forum, it should be a top 10 lax program (or Marist).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, you guys are all pumped up. Can't wait for the season to start.

How about the Greeley detest. It's borderline resentful.

The goalie talk is hysterical. The Coach of EN 2026 is Mezz. Based upon his lax playing experience, I would say this situation reeks of daddy ball.
I look forward to see where the #1 2026 goalie ends up. Based upon this forum, it should be a top 10 lax program (or Marist).
Daddy ball or not, the kid is legit and has proven it at a high level for Yorktown and on the club circuit. I put him up there with the JJ goalie and the Bronxville goalie as the 3 best in Section 1. Point is - they've proven it on the field. This is why most people roll their eyes at the Greely talk because they've been saying for a few years now that this youth movement is the second coming of lacrosse. They have yet to prove it on the field. Maybe this year will be different? the post talking about a freshman - that hasn't seen high level section 1 action yet - should put everyone on alert tells me things still haven't changed there, sadly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eye Roll and Most People and sadly.....ha...... what the fascination and talk about how things haven't changed at Greeley. like what are you talking about. would love to understand. From what I know, they had a clown show coaching staff that got fired 2 years ago.. New crew was 13-3 last year with a lite schedule, lost in the semis to Mahopac. Are all juniors and down on the team,, graduated no one..... Seems like a lot of good changes have gone on there. That said, got to put up or shut up. Will be an interesting year in section 1. if you know, you know...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eye Roll and Most People and sadly.....ha...... what the fascination and talk about how things haven't changed at Greeley. like what are you talking about. would love to understand. From what I know, they had a clown show coaching staff that got fired 2 years ago.. New crew was 13-3 last year with a lite schedule, lost in the semis to Mahopac. Are all juniors and down on the team,, graduated no one..... Seems like a lot of good changes have gone on there. That said, got to put up or shut up. Will be an interesting year in section 1. if you know, you know...
This is a really bad take and you don't have any clue what you are talking about. The administration at greely has been a mess for awhile now - they've been through like 3 or 4 ADs, the superintendent fires everyone for little or no reasons. They can't hire coaches there. The new guy was on that same staff you called a clown show - and they've had football and other sport's coaches helping because they can't get anyone worthwhile to help out there. The parents run the show there - and when people say things haven't changed, just look at the post about the freshman goalie - it's the same nonsense the parents have been running around about. How now that their kids are in high school, they are gonna be winning championships every year. The parents keep running their mouths when the team hasn't accomplished anything on the field yet. That puts unnecessary pressure on the kids who have to play the games.

It has nothing to do with the players, there is some talent there, and yes, they are young but last year by any measure was a soft schedule - even they recognized it. They did graduate players, but you'd never know it because the coach played all his younger guys who were on his EN team. That pissed a LOT of people off. So we'll see what they can do this year. They haven't released the schedule yet and then they have to go out and get it done. I'll be the first one to congratulate them when they do. But until then, maybe the parents should do a little less talking?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Potash for president 2024 LFG

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Potash for president 2024 LFG
Thank you for proving the previous post correct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All this animonsity and out of touch information has to come from someone that was on the wrong side of the firing at Greeley. The clown himself

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
let me say this, Greeley is lucky to have a coach who cares deeply for every single player in that organization. this guy is not just collecting a paycheck. Potash is the type of coach that will change kids lives. he is all in,. so just stop the nonsense, win lose or draw , who cares, the district is moving in a positive direction, how many other districts are growing at this point at the HS level

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NYSPHSAA approves permitting boys (JV/V) and girls (V) to request experiment of shot clock

This would be huge for NYS lacrosse. No more stall ball and will make games way more entertaining. Hoping this is in effect for this upcoming season.

Like Reply Quote
Page 94 of 101 1 2 92 93 94 95 96 100 101
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard