BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,464
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 261 of 268 1 2 259 260 261 262 263 267 268
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Club MCLA / NCLL is a great viable option for kids. Many of them are at great schools and you have all the fun with very little stress. And ’m going to go out on a limb and say some of the best club teams in the country would be very competitive with the low d1 schools

Yeah that’s a very narrow limb, MCLA games are all over YouTube, the best club teams would struggle to stay competitive with low d-3 teams. Just watch the video, proof is there for you.

Low-level D3 teams would get completely blown out by both "good" MCLA teams and "good" high school teams. I take it you're relatively new to lacrosse?

Sure, you’re the “lacrosse guru” whatever dude. Keep believing your own BS, whatever makes you feel good.

I guess we know who’s kid plays for a low d3 program. Not that there’s anything wrong with that

Yeah, they beat the daylights out of the #1 ranked MCLA team this fall. 30-3. What say you MCLA mom? Not that there’s anything wrong with that!

I'd say that's a straight up Lie. Prove me wrong by providing the school names...

Of course it’s a lie. Assuming the number “ranked” team is either Virginia tech or Concordia there is no easily found video of the 30-3 pasting by the unnamed low d3 team. However if there is its fall ball and as far as I know, nobody has care about fall since the 4th grade

Seems MCLA mom can't handle the truth. Look it up you'll figure it out.

I could care less about MCLA vs d3. One is club and the majority of d3 teams are really just not good lacrosse but who dragged Encino Man out of his cave. I didn’t know using gender based insults were still a thing. You must have hated your mom.

Seems like you care a lot. The bottom line your kid plays on a team that EVERYONE makes, a that you pay thousands for him to be a part of. That's what club is, no matter how hard you try to tell your work buddies differently. You're also obviously quite sensitive, proven by your "gender-based insults" comment. So the bottom line, is you and your son lack any general toughness, the young lad couldn't handle the rigors of NCAA lacrosse so you paid for him to participate. That about right sweetheart?

Not sensitive. Just trying to ease you into the 21st century, insecure low d3 dad. But keep it up with the mom jokes. Says more about you then anything else you’ve said

But if the choice is UCLA+non tryout club vs low D3, im always going to take the former. And if I’m not mistaken many of the top MCLA clubs are actually tryout based. There a couple of feeds on “Reddit” that detail the level of competition (for whatever Reddit’s worth) but one thing I do agree with, Brunswick or Lawrencville high school teams would destroy your low tryout based d3 college team that is so “rigorous”. Hey good for you that kid is playing d3 lacrosse. And good for those kids that go to amazing colleges and play club lacrosse. It’s all good but I think you are mistaking “tryouts” and “rigor” for excellence

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club MCLA / NCLL is a great viable option for kids. Many of them are at great schools and you have all the fun with very little stress. And ’m going to go out on a limb and say some of the best club teams in the country would be very competitive with the low d1 schools

Yeah that’s a very narrow limb, MCLA games are all over YouTube, the best club teams would struggle to stay competitive with low d-3 teams. Just watch the video, proof is there for you.

Low-level D3 teams would get completely blown out by both "good" MCLA teams and "good" high school teams. I take it you're relatively new to lacrosse?

Sure, you’re the “lacrosse guru” whatever dude. Keep believing your own BS, whatever makes you feel good.

I guess we know who’s kid plays for a low d3 program. Not that there’s anything wrong with that

Yeah, they beat the daylights out of the #1 ranked MCLA team this fall. 30-3. What say you MCLA mom? Not that there’s anything wrong with that!

I'd say that's a straight up Lie. Prove me wrong by providing the school names...

Of course it’s a lie. Assuming the number “ranked” team is either Virginia tech or Concordia there is no easily found video of the 30-3 pasting by the unnamed low d3 team. However if there is its fall ball and as far as I know, nobody has care about fall since the 4th grade

I could care less about MCLA vs d3. One is club and the majority of d3 teams are really just not good lacrosse but who dragged Encino Man out of his cave. I didn’t know using gender based insults were still a thing. You must have hated your mom.

Seems like you care a lot. The bottom line your kid plays on a team that EVERYONE makes, a that you pay thousands for him to be a part of. That's what club is, no matter how hard you try to tell your work buddies differently. You're also obviously quite sensitive, proven by your "gender-based insults" comment. So the bottom line, is you and your son lack any general toughness, the young lad couldn't handle the rigors of NCAA lacrosse so you paid for him to participate. That about right sweetheart?

Not sensitive. Just trying to ease you into the the 21st century but I’m guessing you don’t get that. Honestly don’t care. Happy for any kid trying to make themselves better whether it be MCLA or low d3

But to get some facts straight, the top MCLA teams are actually tryout based. Not everyone makes the team. And you also seem to be confusing “tryouts” + “rigor” of low d3 = excellence; that is far from the case. The top 10 high schools in the country could probably beat the bottom 1/3rd of d3 schools

Sorry to call out a school but who are you taking: St Anthony’s or St Joseph’s (LI) D3. Please don’t mistake being recruited by a NCAA d3 school as excellence. Happy your kid is playing but you really don’t much about lacrosse, sweetheart.

Disclaimer: my kid played mid d1 and wasn’t a superstar by any means but some of his better high school teammates could have cared less about committing and went on to play at some amazing schools that happened to be MCLA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sensitive. Just trying to ease you into the the 21st century but I’m guessing you don’t get that. Honestly don’t care. Happy for any kid trying to make themselves better whether it be MCLA or low d3

But to get some facts straight, the top MCLA teams are actually tryout based. Not everyone makes the team. And you also seem to be confusing “tryouts” + “rigor” of low d3 = excellence; that is far from the case. The top 10 high schools in the country could probably beat the bottom 1/3rd of d3 schools

Sorry to call out a school but who are you taking: St Anthony’s or St Joseph’s (LI) D3. Please don’t mistake being recruited by a NCAA d3 school as excellence. Happy your kid is playing but you really don’t much about lacrosse, sweetheart.

Disclaimer: my kid played mid d1 and wasn’t a superstar by any means but some of his better high school teammates could have cared less about committing and went on to play at some amazing schools that happened to be MCLA

Nah, he didn’t, but whatever BS you spew on an anonymous website to make yourself feel better is all good. Happy New Year Club guy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is a middle school age player, who has been playing on a club team for 3 years. He absolutely loves the game, although I know very little about it. Since high school is right around the corner, I'd like to get a perspective on teams that I should watch out for. What are the anticipated top 10 high school teams on the island for 2024? Much appreciated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the pecking order of lacrosse teams. If you have everyone a year to train and they played each other in a battle Royale I figure it would be something like this

High d1 (# 1-40)
Very high d3 (#1-3)
Mid d1 (41-60)
High d3 (4-30)
High d2 (1-5)
High MCLA (1-10)
Mid d3 (31-200)
Mid d2 (6-60)
High school (1-10)
High NCLL
Mid MCLA (10-20)
Mid high school (11-30)
Low d2 (60-75)
Low d3 (200-275)
Rest of MCLA (21-200) / NCLL
Rest of high school

Totally just speculation

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nah, he didn’t, but whatever BS you spew on an anonymous website to make yourself feel better is all good. Happy New Year Club guy

Hahaha. Too dense to see the irony in your post. You can make up 30-3 scores of low d3 schools scrimmaging the best MCLA schools and beating them and you take it as gospel but someone says their kid played mid d1 and it’s totally a lie. You are correct: no one has ever played mid d1 lacrosse before. 30-3 scrimmages much more likely. I guess the old adage is true: those who accuse others of lying the most are most likely to be lying themselves. Way to go low d3 dad. Your son must be proud.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your boys would be mortified to see you going at each other like this. You should be embarrassed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Studying for my HS officiating test; reading each page of the NFHS 2024 Boys rule book.
One rule that I was completely wrong with and I believe nearly everyone will be shocked is:

Rule 4, section 8 (page 41)

Goalie, or any player in possession of the ball (while in the crease); a) brings the crosse back through the plane of the goal, or b) brings the crosse back through the plane of the goal and the ball drops to the ground across the goal line

NO GOAL.

It's a little mind blowing that this is not a goal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coverage of the LILJ winter league is amazing. Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With what we pay to play in that league it should be!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its good to see the public schools vs the privates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not even the real teams yet - believe it or not there still are two sport guys and girls that play winter sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not even the real teams yet - believe it or not there still are two sport guys and girls that play winter sports.

No one said that it was the complete teams...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. Calm down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wondering how LI (or anywhere else) schedules their Boys Varsity and JV games. Do you guys have both games, back to back, at the same location?

My experience is limited to Girls lax and where we live (Sec. 1, HV) both levels play at the same location and you often see the coaching staff at both games.

I have a son now playing JV and another Varsity parent explained that the Boys don't do it that way.

Sure seems that the all the players could benefit from having more coaches on the sideline.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wondering how LI (or anywhere else) schedules their Boys Varsity and JV games. Do you guys have both games, back to back, at the same location?

My experience is limited to Girls lax and where we live (Sec. 1, HV) both levels play at the same location and you often see the coaching staff at both games.

I have a son now playing JV and another Varsity parent explained that the Boys don't do it that way.

Sure seems that the all the players could benefit from having more coaches on the sideline.

I'm not sure if it's the same for all Long Island schools, but our JV team plays at the same time as the varsity, but at the other school. Friends of ours last year had one kid on each team and had to split up for every game, which they didn't like.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. Calm down.

LILJ should focus on creating balanced schedule games. Players (5 stars) tend to perform well against weaker teams, but struggles against stronger opponents .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. Calm down.

LILJ should focus on creating balanced schedule games. Players (5 stars) tend to perform well against weaker teams, but struggles against stronger opponents .

Pay your bill, accept your 930 Sunday night game, and move on!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. Calm down.

Pay your bill, accept your 930 Sunday night game, and move on!

see you at 445

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true Savage took the North Shore HS lax job ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you guys are losers. arguing over club, d3, d1. who cares, its over dads. after college your son will some day realize what a hammerhead you were for pushing so hard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you guys are losers. arguing over club, d3, d1. who cares, its over dads. after college your son will some day realize what a hammerhead you were for pushing so hard.

Says the guy scrolling through HS lacrosse forums...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Put all the private, publics, Catholics, and whatever else there is....

Top 5 teams on LI for 2024 season?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 St A'S
2 Chaminade
3 Shore-Wading River
4 Ward Melville
5 Farmingdale

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 St A'S
2 Chaminade
3 Shore-Wading River
4 Ward Melville
5 Farmingdale

Coaching change in Farmingdale. Coach left for Cali to run a club program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 St A'S
2 Chaminade
3 Shore-Wading River
4 Ward Melville
5 Farmingdale

WM?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM 🤔🤔🤔🤔don’t think so

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 St A'S
2 Chaminade
3 Shore-Wading River
4 Ward Melville
5 Farmingdale

WM?

Garden City?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 St A'S
2 Chaminade
3 Shore-Wading River
4 Ward Melville
5 Farmingdale

WM?

Garden City?

South Side ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset stinks FO advantage gone

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My SoN's HiGh SChoOl ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset ?

Lol, please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D1 isnt for everyone. You said it the commitment is brutal. There have been many great high school lacrosse players that went D1 and just couldn't do the grind. The schools that have higher academics and top lax programs year in and year out are so tough. The work load is very difficult. I have heard people say that the top D3 programs are also just as demanding. Historically top D1 and D3 programs tend to be top academic programs. Making the lacrosse and academic balance tough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are way too many D3 programs for the caliber of play to be good at the lower level. The top 1-10 D3 can play with the lower 20 D1 programs easily. I have seen a few D3 programs hang with some of the better D1 programs in scrimmages. Yet if the 1s played the 1s top 5 D3 teams can hang with a lot of D1 programs. Maybe even win a game here and there. Look at some of the recent D3 transfers to D1 they didnt do that badly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Catholic's schedules are stacked - will be interesting to see how they do with their out of state games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are way too many D3 programs for the caliber of play to be good at the lower level. The top 1-10 D3 can play with the lower 20 D1 programs easily. I have seen a few D3 programs hang with some of the better D1 programs in scrimmages. Yet if the 1s played the 1s top 5 D3 teams can hang with a lot of D1 programs. Maybe even win a game here and there. Look at some of the recent D3 transfers to D1 they didnt do that badly.

Which scrimmages did you watch between D-1 and D-3?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is dream talk. Over and Over when there is real coopetition between D1 ( even some mid level ) and D3 ( top level), The results are the same , D3 just cant compete. Very limited Data, but once there is a game ( usually 1st game of season occasionally).. It doesn't go well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which scrimmages did you watch between D-1 and D-3?

Not the original poster here but i've never heard of or seen D3 scrimmage a D1 program. I have seen club or military bases (not the military academies) scrimmage D1 though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Uva scrimmaged Lynchburg a few weeks ago at Episcopal HS in Alexandria VA

Like Reply Quote
Page 261 of 268 1 2 259 260 261 262 263 267 268
Quick Reply