BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,001
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 93 of 101 1 2 91 92 93 94 95 100 101
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess the 2026 EN team is attending , strange

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
absolutely mind-boggling Express North 2025 was not down in Florida this weekend. I feel bad for the kids on that team who are not committed yet which is pretty much the whole team . Rumours of EN kids playing on other teams so they can get some kind of exposure. what do you get for 4k dollars?

Prime Time crushed it 5-0 - most of their big boys were down there.

EN 2026 had a good weekend, 4-1 and not one IG video or picture of any of their star players. almost every single organization had a videographer. it's just sad, no one is advocating for these kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the club season is over for most (Besides kids that are on national) I want to drop a pre-season Section 1 top-ten list

1. Rye - 5 high-level D1 commits, kept it close with Manhasset in the state semis without losing much going into this year.
2. Yorktown - Whole D1 defense returns, a bunch of very good offensive pieces back from last year. Goalie is exceptional.
3. Pleasantville - A smaller school but the whole team from last year returns after going 19-2. Can the role players take a step?
4. John Jay - Very good senior class but it's do or die. After this year it's a rebuild. The offense is good but can they get stops?
5. Scarsdale - FOGO is gone but there is still lots of talent left on the roster. They are well-coached but do they have the firepower?
6. Mamaroneck - I want to put them over Scaradale but I can't until they can take them down on the biggest stage. Lots of depth.
7. Somers - Underachieved last year. Should be hungry with a new coaching staff. Championship experience gained from football.
8. Horace Greeley - Whole team returns from last year. Need to see them against good comp. Talented, but are they well-coached?
9. Mahopac - Always a gritty bunch. They lose some firepower but are still a team you'd rather not see come playoffs.
10. Bronxville - Anchored by the best goalie in Section 1. Lots lost to graduation but there is always talent. Haldane is coming for them...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best goalie in the section is the John Jay goalie from PT 2026!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown 2028 Express North goalie is the best in the section.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

8th grade goalie is best in Section1? kid must be GOOD!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing a bunch of predators staff is leaving due to the new leadership and lack of structure. Any truth to these rumors?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing a bunch of predators staff is leaving due to the new leadership and lack of structure. Any truth to these rumors?
There was leadership and structure? Preds are the definition of disorganized. If not for the Rye crowd and their FOMO they would exist. Over promise, under deliver, everyone has a different job. In fact, I would say, Preds is the example of how far Town lacrosse has fallen. MM is a joke. Biggest Broseph hammerhead out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bronxville kid is hands down #1 in section and the torch will be passed to Yorktown 26. Simple as that. Both have proven themselves on every stage.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the club season is over for most (Besides kids that are on national) I want to drop a pre-season Section 1 top-ten list

1. Rye - 5 high-level D1 commits, kept it close with Manhasset in the state semis without losing much going into this year.
2. Yorktown - Whole D1 defense returns, a bunch of very good offensive pieces back from last year. Goalie is exceptional.
3. Pleasantville - A smaller school but the whole team from last year returns after going 19-2. Can the role players take a step?
4. John Jay - Very good senior class but it's do or die. After this year it's a rebuild. The offense is good but can they get stops?
5. Scarsdale - FOGO is gone but there is still lots of talent left on the roster. They are well-coached but do they have the firepower?
6. Mamaroneck - I want to put them over Scaradale but I can't until they can take them down on the biggest stage. Lots of depth.
7. Somers - Underachieved last year. Should be hungry with a new coaching staff. Championship experience gained from football.
8. Horace Greeley - Whole team returns from last year. Need to see them against good comp. Talented, but are they well-coached?
9. Mahopac - Always a gritty bunch. They lose some firepower but are still a team you'd rather not see come playoffs.
10. Bronxville - Anchored by the best goalie in Section 1. Lots lost to graduation but there is always talent. Haldane is coming for them...

Hard to argue much of this list, especially top 5-6. I think this is the year Mamo breaks the Scarsdale curese, but it is down to those 2. Somers and Greeley are paper tigers right now. Somers underachieved and new coaching staff should put in some new energy - but that only goes so far if the admin doesn't stop listening to parents. i think they are better on paper than.... Greeley who needs to show something other than loading up goals on lesser teams. They committed to a stronger schedule, so let's see what that looks like and can they overcome it? Based on 2023 I'm skeptical until they show me otherwise - they need more seasoned coaching on that staff too.
Mahopac should scare everyone
Bronxville has the tools, but no coach yet. This will be an important hire for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dont know if JJ is even top 10....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
John Jay. Has great offense , great fogo, and the best 2026 goalie in the section!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dont know if JJ is even top 10....

If they're not, then who is instead?

Bronxville should be higher. Somers and Greeley too high here, they might be in the next 10, but if I follow my own questions, I am not sure who i bring in to this top 10 from the rest of the section. Briarcliff should be in here Pelham too, they were an enigma last year but still a good team. I guess those two?
Haldane, Tappan Zee, Carmel, Lakeland in the mix but based on 2023, they'd still be behind Somers and Greeley but I think that is a group of the 11-20 for section 1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
John Jay. Has great offense , great fogo, and the best 2026 goalie in the section!!
Agree... to an extent. This is a big year for them they have to get it done in 2024, i don't think the talent is there behind this senior class.

GK is definitely top 3 in the section. Bronxville is the top I think, Yorktown and JJ the next two up then it's everyone else. There are a lot of good goalies to be fair: Scarsdale, Mamaroneck, Somers, Greeley, Mahopac but those three are top of the section.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they're not, then who is instead?

Bronxville should be higher. Somers and Greeley too high here, they might be in the next 10, but if I follow my own questions, I am not sure who i bring in to this top 10 from the rest of the section. Briarcliff should be in here Pelham too, they were an enigma last year but still a good team. I guess those two?
Haldane, Tappan Zee, Carmel, Lakeland in the mix but based on 2023, they'd still be behind Somers and Greeley but I think that is a group of the 11-20 for section 1

Briarcliff and Pelham are not better than Greeley and Somers. Briarcliff had a good run but everyone from those championship classes are gone including their coach. I would put them as the 4th best team in class D. Pelham will be better than Briarcliff but they still lose a lot from last year. Greeley and Somers are both stacked with talent we just need to see if they can win big games. It’s not a copy and paste list from last year it’s projecting which teams will be better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Express North run 1% showcase? wondering if its a worthwhile event for 9th grader

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Express North run 1% showcase? wondering if its a worthwhile event for 9th grader
No, it is run by Matt Chandick who is tied to the NLF which EN is a part of. The reason youre seeing the EN highlights from the event is because the EN kid being highlighted is insane. Otherwise, the reason you probably see so many EN kids there is because its one of the few showcases Schrieber gets them in to.....or that they can get in to, Other than the kid being highlighted who is absurd and should probably leave EN. But i digress.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it sounds to me like you think shooting the ball 50x a game and scoring 2-4 goals a game is how lacrosse should be played? and furthermore is that sustainable ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
seems like the kids that leave , are better off for it, that is very smart observation

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
absolutely mind-boggling Express North 2025 was not down in Florida this weekend. I feel bad for the kids on that team who are not committed yet which is pretty much the whole team . Rumours of EN kids playing on other teams so they can get some kind of exposure. what do you get for 4k dollars?

Prime Time crushed it 5-0 - most of their big boys were down there.

EN 2026 had a good weekend, 4-1 and not one IG video or picture of any of their star players. almost every single organization had a videographer. it's just sad, no one is advocating for these kids.

Confirmed, 2025 players played for other clubs such as Eclipse-

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
EN is infected with a virus. That virus from Yorktown has infiltrated the organization for the sole benefit of his child and his child’s bff. That virus has taken control from a man suffering from illness, back door deals with showcases etc. . CS is one of the greatest humans on the planet. One of the greatest teachers around. But , he is loyal to a fault. He needs to cut the virus asap .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This has been true from the beginning of time, DONT detest THE PLAYER , detest THE GAME. kudos to anyone who is looking after the best interests of their children

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
EN is infected with a virus. That virus from Yorktown has infiltrated the organization for the sole benefit of his child and his child’s bff. That virus has taken control from a man suffering from illness, back door deals with showcases etc. . CS is one of the greatest humans on the planet. One of the greatest teachers around. But , he is loyal to a fault. He needs to cut the virus asap .
Is the goalie, the attackman or the middie the problem? That said, EN has to be some of the worst parents we have played against. Will never forget one of the moms cheering because one of our players was knocked down by a cheap shot to the head. She was very proud. They still didn’t win but this low class organization has shown their stripes everytime we play them. CS super nice guy but the 2025 parents are ANIMALS!!!!! I guess they just follow the coaches behavior.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, sounds like someone’s dad has a major axe to grind. Are you pissed that your son didn’t get an invite to the 1% showcase? and the invite was given to arguably the best goalie in the class of 2026? Get a life, go tryout for PT or Preds, maybe you will get invite from them. #CLOWN

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sorry but havign been around the club scene for a long time - including in EN - this just reeks of a pissed off parent who didn't get what he felt his son deserved.
If it's who I think you are talking about and I have no interest in this argument either way, you are talking about probably the best two players in their respective positions not only in their own class, but probably all of section 1. If it's the GK - then easily he's top 3 in section 1 regardless of his class, but his is probably one of the top ones in his recruiting class. Attackman is the same.

So what did you not get that you think you deserve?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just reading the above posts, nowhere does it talk badly about the kids? what it seems to be saying is that someone with a kid in the program is leveraging that platform for his kid, deservedly or not. That is the way of the world now and forever, parents protecting their children at all costs , deal with it or leave

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm trying to understand why there is so much talk, negativity about Express North. Disgruntled parent, got it. There are so many issues, bad coaches, horrible parents in every program. Heads of programs, HA! Its a pay to play Club with a tremendous amount of politics. then there are politics about getting in to college. Have a thick skin and move on. Its a cesspool everywhere. The NY/CT producing a tremendous amount of national talent and with that comes the competition to get kids into the respective programs. If your going to bash 1 program, spread the love. Is all roses at PT, 2Way, HA! Tri-state/preds, no one cares as both haven't produced a quality class in a while, tri-state, maybe never.

Lets get back to Section 1 talk, club is over until June, Thank God!

Good competition happening at Chelsea Piers Winter League- Darien, Iona, Greeley, Mamo, Greenwich, Brunswick. Fairfield

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
EN is a solid program in the area who attend great tournaments. CS is a great guy as well. I think the criticism comes from college placement and recruiting support compared to other programs in the area. They do ok but not anything close to 2W, PT or eclipse. I think the guy above definitely has an axe to grind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, sounds like someone’s dad has a major axe to grind. Are you pissed that your son didn’t get an invite to the 1% showcase? and the invite was given to arguably the best goalie in the class of 2026? Get a life, go tryout for PT or Preds, maybe you will get invite from them. #CLOWN
Ok let’s not get fool with nonsense. Predators will get you nowhere fast. PT will get you to D1 but lets be really clear, Preds is one of the worst run organization in the nation. Just look at how rag tag they show up and look wherever they are. Better off going out to NJ than playing for Preds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn’t agree more with the last comment on preds. Don’t really see the benefit of playing in the program. So many other clubs in the area with better offerings / better training / better leadership. Interesting to see where they will be in a couple of years and also interested to hear what others experience with them has been.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn’t agree more with the last comment on preds. Don’t really see the benefit of playing in the program. So many other clubs in the area with better offerings / better training / better leadership. Interesting to see where they will be in a couple of years and also interested to hear what others experience with them has been.
Same. Communication was non existent and player development is not gonna happen. We paid our money, suffered and left.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when people sign up and pay 4k per year at any of these organizations, PT, EN Preds , eclipse etc etc etc. what are the expecations? specifically when it comes to recruiting? why is PT so good? what makes others bad? lots of complaining about certain programs, so what are the specific issues

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same. Communication was non existent and player development is not gonna happen. We paid our money, suffered and left.
If you live in Rye and arent very good you MUST play for Preds. Otherwise you are an outsider. The good Rye kids all play for PT or Eclipse. MM whats up Broseph, dude, man, guy give me your money and I wont even email you or get you the gear but yo bro I went to UNC, Im savage Broman yo! Holy worst experience ever, Not a single member of the organization has basic communication skills.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it a sign that no one ever has anything good to say about Preds? When every other team is attacked on this thread a few will always defend the club. Look at the EN debate. Some for, some against. Preds never has anything good said about them. Never played with them but never considered them anything more than they take up space.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They don’t even have a prime offering. If you are a very high level player there are better clubs in WC/CT and you shouldn’t be playing with preds. If you are looking for better training/player development/better overall experience for your son there are MUCH better options than preds. Each club has their calling, I just don’t see what Preds brings to the table against competition. Too much politics and drama for a mid tier club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Preds survive off the fact they had been very good a few years ago but if everything is true what people have been saying above that explains their inability to maintain excellence.

Unfortunately in this club atmosphere, as time goes on, it becomes a game of haves and have nots as colleges learn to build a pipeline with clubs like PT, 2way, and eclipse and trust the players from those clubs. The rest don’t have that pipeline and so colleges (the top ones) don’t have that same level of trust. Though every now and then you have a few very good players come from the “other” clubs as their talent stands out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Preds survive off the fact they had been very good a few years ago but if everything is true what people have been saying above that explains their inability to maintain excellence.

Unfortunately in this club atmosphere, as time goes on, it becomes a game of haves and have nots as colleges learn to build a pipeline with clubs like PT, 2way, and eclipse and trust the players from those clubs. The rest don’t have that pipeline and so colleges (the top ones) don’t have that same level of trust. Though every now and then you have a few very good players come from the “other” clubs as their talent stands out.
No doubt a world of what have you done for me lately and network. McCaul and Preds are not a name college coaches or showcase directors know or care about. Locally he is well known as a total Meanyhole. If not for the not good Rye people who need to play for them they would fade to oblivion. They are the ultimate money grab [Censored] show…..and the name is a bit creepy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5 express North kids on the lax magazine rankings tonight !! I would say Schreiber doing a pretty amazing job!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schreiber hopefully righting the ship and climbing out the of the second tier in the region but please let’s not mistake Lax Magazine with unbiased rankings and reporting. Maybe one of the worst ranking services.

Like Reply Quote
Page 93 of 101 1 2 91 92 93 94 95 100 101
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard