BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,475
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 260 of 268 1 2 258 259 260 261 262 267 268
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
we had to submit info, birth certs, and pics for USA lacrosse to verify ages on a roster. but when you show up to the field no one is checking players to confirm player names and numbers.

There is zero system to check or enforce. Means nothing at majority of tournaments.

As much as I detest to say, Soccer does it right at club level, You get a a card and coach must bring it with him. Top tournaments, player stands there with card while referee walks by. Quick and easy

Never happen with lacrosse with the over run of holdbacks and private schools having to much influence. Common sense says its wrong to let players play down, one of the biggest things that is wrong with our sport at club youth level.

It’s not against the rules, so what’s the problem? Change the rules or just let it go. Same argument for at least 15 years. Nothings changed and nothing ever will.

He asked a question, it was answered, try to keep up

Unfortunately, it's most lacrosse players who can't keep up, hence the domination of holdbacks at every level.

The holdback nonsense never stops. When they are in high school they are playing with older kids - so who cares. Get over it. My older son repeated pre-k with a summer birthday. Could have played D1 - but chose to have a good overall college experience. He is playing Club and having the time of his life. Get over the holdback stuff - its over you.

If he could have played D1 and you're still paying for him to play club, that's rough.

I don’t understand this statement. Very few if any lax players are getting major scholarships so everyone’s paying regardless. And just to chose d1 over club just to say you went d1? Yeah. That’s a good choice. Those dense Stanford club players should have gone to Wagner instead…

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club MCLA / NCLL is a great viable option for kids. Many of them are at great schools and you have all the fun with very little stress. And ’m going to go out on a limb and say some of the best club teams in the country would be very competitive with the low d1 schools

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude is making fun of you cheating. Then you disrespected and belittled Wagner College because your holdback is so great. Seems pretty clear to all of us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club MCLA / NCLL is a great viable option for kids. Many of them are at great schools and you have all the fun with very little stress. And ’m going to go out on a limb and say some of the best club teams in the country would be very competitive with the low d1 schools

Yeah that’s a very narrow limb, MCLA games are all over YouTube, the best club teams would struggle to stay competitive with low d-3 teams. Just watch the video, proof is there for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened with WM / Flyers game?

WM double up The Flyers and like good Christian boys they started talking [Censored] and a good-old fashioned Donnybrook was contested.
Boys will be Boys

perfect summary
Except for the WM cheap shot. They play each other for real in the spring, and I suspect that the catholics will allow the score to do the talking.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened with WM / Flyers game?

WM double up The Flyers and like good Christian boys they started talking [Censored] and a good-old fashioned Donnybrook was contested.
Boys will be Boys

perfect summary
Except for the WM cheap shot. They play each other for real in the spring, and I suspect that the catholics will allow the score to do the talking.

Sounds like an excuse to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah that’s a very narrow limb, MCLA games are all over YouTube, the best club teams would struggle to stay competitive with low d-3 teams. Just watch the video, proof is there for you.
Agree to disagree. I have one who currently plays D1 and one MCLA. Different kids, different paths. Was at the MCLA nationals last season and the teams there were, very, very good. Both kids happy with their decisions but the D1 experience is a real grind and he's getting burnt out. At the end of the day, It should be about what your kids wants and enjoys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha. Do you have any sense of how bad the low d3 teams? And for the low d1 teams, just because they have d1 attached to them it doesn’t mean they are that good either. I think some of the high d3 teams would beat the low d1 teams. Take the aforementioned Wagner vs tufts / Salisbury / RIT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we had to submit info, birth certs, and pics for USA lacrosse to verify ages on a roster. but when you show up to the field no one is checking players to confirm player names and numbers.

There is zero system to check or enforce. Means nothing at majority of tournaments.

As much as I detest to say, Soccer does it right at club level, You get a a card and coach must bring it with him. Top tournaments, player stands there with card while referee walks by. Quick and easy

Never happen with lacrosse with the over run of holdbacks and private schools having to much influence. Common sense says its wrong to let players play down, one of the biggest things that is wrong with our sport at club youth level.

It’s not against the rules, so what’s the problem? Change the rules or just let it go. Same argument for at least 15 years. Nothings changed and nothing ever will.

Unfortunately, it's most lacrosse players who can't keep up, hence the domination of holdbacks at every level.

The holdback nonsense never stops. When they are in high school they are playing with older kids - so who cares. Get over it. My older son repeated pre-k with a summer birthday. Could have played D1 - but chose to have a good overall college experience. He is playing Club and having the time of his life. Get over the holdback stuff - its over you.

If he could have played D1 and you're still paying for him to play club, that's rough.

I don’t understand this statement. Very few if any lax players are getting major scholarships so everyone’s paying regardless. And just to chose d1 over club just to say you went d1? Yeah. That’s a good choice. Those dense Stanford club players should have gone to Wagner instead…

Not quite sure I follow your argument. How is playing club ball in college cheating. Nobody is holding back to play club. I was responding to the d1 guy saying that playing and paying for club is rough and the response was yes, those poor Stanford club lax players totally made the wrong decision by going to Stanford instead of playing d1 Wagner.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Apex60 summer event worth it? Hefty price tag.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha. Do you have any sense of how bad the low d3 teams? And for the low d1 teams, just because they have d1 attached to them it doesn’t mean they are that good either. I think some of the high d3 teams would beat the low d1 teams. Take the aforementioned Wagner vs tufts / Salisbury / RIT

Literally wrote that the proof is on YouTube, just sign in and watch the National Championship. And hahaha, I do have a sense of low D-3 lacrosse, and I stand by the original statement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does it really matter? They're playing lacrosse, enjoying college and having fun. Isn't that the point. For the record my sons MCLA club scrimmages 2 local D3 teams every year and they regularly beat them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly the point. If your kid is enjoying college you did the right thing. If your kid is not, you did the wrong thing.

Does it really matter? They're playing lacrosse, enjoying college and having fun. Isn't that the point. For the record my sons MCLA club scrimmages 2 local D3 teams every year and they regularly beat them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not really. 95% of players D1 not getting any money. We are paying 900$ for his Club team. And thanks to his few years of travel and high school he is one of the better kids so he made the team. Very competitive, lots of games. No complaints. Rough is all of us paying these ridiculous tuition's, athletics or not.

Well Said.. Paying for Woke Life

Good to hear that holdbacks are also taking roster spots from of age kids on college club teams too!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My comment about having to pay to play club in college was "rough" not "notIntelligent" or "lesser" or anything like that.

We've all been paying for club teams for YEARS. To do that, then not get much/any money for college AND to have to continue to pay for them to play club. That's rough.

The $900 to be on the team is fine, but that can't include the travel/meals involved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree to disagree. I have one who currently plays D1 and one MCLA. Different kids, different paths. Was at the MCLA nationals last season and the teams there were, very, very good. Both kids happy with their decisions but the D1 experience is a real grind and he's getting burnt out. At the end of the day, It should be about what your kids wants and enjoys

I don't understand this "grind" comment or that he's getting burned out. Did he not know that D1 lacrosse is a full-time job? My son has had dozens of coaches tell him that (some D1 just being transparent, some D3 convincing him to go D3, and his club coaches).

You HAVE to love the sport and love the work to do D1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Literally wrote that the proof is on YouTube, just sign in and watch the National Championship. And hahaha, I do have a sense of low D-3 lacrosse, and I stand by the original statement.

YouTube unfortunately is not proof. Very easy to find one team beating another in any sport. There is apparently a video of buster Douglas beating Mike Tyson out there on YouTube.

As a whole MCLA is not going to compete with all of d3. But there is no doubt the top club teams in the country, who have rosters with top prep and public school kids who chose that school for academic reasons because they couldn’t give a hoot about varsity lacrosse, would beat many of the mid-low d3 teams. And if proof is needed, those scrimmages that they already do are also on YouTube.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not worth it. A very large amount of kids per grade. Usually your team coach is a lower assistant from a club team or college. The all star selection usually makes everyone mad because they have not accountability on how it’s actually done (and I’m not disgruntled because my son was actually an Apex All Star). Fields are usually beat up.

If it was cheaper, maybe consider going. Or if you know there is a particular coach from a college that’s there to see your son then maybe do it. We got a ton of reach out after the one time my kid did it but none from any schools he was interested in. But I’m sure there are people who do think it’s worth it but I would say spend it on prospect days or invite only showcases

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not worth it. A very large amount of kids per grade. Usually your team coach is a lower assistant from a club team or college. The all star selection usually makes everyone mad because they have not accountability on how it’s actually done (and I’m not disgruntled because my son was actually an Apex All Star). Fields are usually beat up.

If it was cheaper, maybe consider going. Or if you know there is a particular coach from a college that’s there to see your son then maybe do it. We got a ton of reach out after the one time my kid did it but none from any schools he was interested in. But I’m sure there are people who do think it’s worth it but I would say spend it on prospect days or invite only showcases

Agreed 100% (my son was also an Apex all-start). We got much more recruiting action after The Show down in Delware.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My comment about having to pay to play club in college was "rough" not "notIntelligent" or "lesser" or anything like that.

We've all been paying for club teams for YEARS. To do that, then not get much/any money for college AND to have to continue to pay for them to play club. That's rough.

The $900 to be on the team is fine, but that can't include the travel/meals involved.

Most college club teams are between $2,000 - $3,000. Plus fundraising. By fundraising they mean hitting the parents and grandparents up for donations If you have the $$ it’s a great experience if you are playing on. Top team and attending a top school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club is definitely an added cost and some lax high schoolers simply don’t continue their lax journey because of that but it remains a viable option for kids who want good academics + fun lax especially those who want a large university experience and not a small d3 college experience. Many of the kids are prep school kids and a small d3 college is like an extension of their prep school experience that many want to see something different

To each their own though, if you can afford it I would much rather have my kid play club ball at Florida, Texas, USC, UCLA, BC, Northeastern, Michigan, Clemson, UWash, Wisconsin, GaTech then play for 225 of the 249 d3 programs as well as the d1 drums at the likes of d1 programs like Cleveland state, queens, Wagner, LIU, Hampton, Detroit mercy, st Bonny’s etc and the remaining bottom 50 of d1 programs just to say he went d1. Not to knock any kid who goes to college but call me old fashioned I just feel like the purpose of college is get the best education and have a great experience. But like I said, to each their own as everyone has different priorities.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Low-level D3 teams would get completely blown out by both "good" MCLA teams and "good" high school teams. I take it you're relatively new to lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Low-level D3 teams would get completely blown out by both "good" MCLA teams and "good" high school teams. I take it you're relatively new to lacrosse?

Low level d3 is just not very good and struggle to recruit and many have shut down and new fledgling d3 programs start the cycle again

Not to disparage some of the d3 schools as they are all fine institutions but would you take a Centenary, Gordon, Caroll, Mitchell, Spalding, Kings, LaRoche etc team over Larenceville, Brunswick Culver even though the college players have 2-4 years on them?

How about an MClA squad like BC. The have players form Fairfield Prep, Wilton, Georgetown Prep, Deerfield, Malvern Prep, Cold Spring Harbor, Belmont Hill, Seton Hall prep, BC High, Exeter, Haverford, Princeton Day on their CLUB team. I would take that over the bottom 75 d3 teams any day

The reality is the disparity between d3 teams is enormous. Maybe more so than in any other sports. Kids simply want to go to a good school and club affords them that option rather than them wanting to say they “committed”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure, you’re the “lacrosse guru” whatever dude. Keep believing your own BS, whatever makes you feel good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure, you’re the “lacrosse guru” whatever dude. Keep believing your own BS, whatever makes you feel good.

I guess we know who’s kid plays for a low d3 program. Not that there’s anything wrong with that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess we know who’s kid plays for a low d3 program. Not that there’s anything wrong with that

Yeah, they beat the daylights out of the #1 ranked MCLA team this fall. 30-3. What say you MCLA mom? Not that there’s anything wrong with that!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, they beat the daylights out of the #1 ranked MCLA team this fall. 30-3. What say you MCLA mom? Not that there’s anything wrong with that!

I'd say that's a straight up Lie. Prove me wrong by providing the school names...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd say that's a straight up Lie. Prove me wrong by providing the school names...

Of course it’s a lie. Assuming the number “ranked” team is either Virginia tech or Concordia there is no easily found video of the 30-3 pasting by the unnamed low d3 team. However if there is its fall ball and as far as I know, nobody has care about fall since the 4th grade

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You prove me wrong MCLA mom.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course it’s a lie. Assuming the number “ranked” team is either Virginia tech or Concordia there is no easily found video of the 30-3 pasting by the unnamed low d3 team. However if there is its fall ball and as far as I know, nobody has care about fall since the 4th grade

Seems MCLA mom can't handle the truth. Look it up you'll figure it out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do us all a favor and post the video and schools and scores. Not exactly the easiest thing to “look up”. Not many people interested in the low d3 pasting of the champion MCLA team. Or you can continue to hurl insults because your kid plays at a meaningless d3 school. I believe it is up to your provide proof because you boasted about the 30-3 score.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's been looked up. The teams can't be named because IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!! Like it was said, nothing wrong with your son playing for a low D3 school. Just don't be unrealistic and say that his team beat the number 1 team in the MCLA. That simply wouldn't happen. Don't be delusional.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's been looked up. The teams can't be named because IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!! Like it was said, nothing wrong with your son playing for a low D3 school. Just don't be unrealistic and say that his team beat the number 1 team in the MCLA. That simply wouldn't happen. Don't be delusional.

It happened, no big deal your kid couldnt play NCAA lacrosse and had to settle, its okay, you dont have to make up stories about how good club lacrosse is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It happened, no big deal your kid couldnt play NCAA lacrosse and had to settle, its okay, you dont have to make up stories about how good club lacrosse is.

YOU ma'am, are fake news. I love when someone can't back a story up with even one evidence of fact. Enjoy watching low level D3 lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not really about how good club lacrosse is, it's more about how bad low-level D3 is (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top MCLA teams are very good. Not top D1 good, but if you think a low division 3 team beat the top MCLA team, you're sadly mistaken. The top MCLA teams scrimmage D1 schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah. Totally agree. Those notIntelligent club kids at Stanford couldn’t play NCAA lacrosse at “enter crappy d3 school name” so they had to rely on their fallback. Man, this may be one of the densest takes on MCLA vs D3 I’ve seen yet

Bottom line: much of the MCLA is purely club. But even more d3 lacrosse is [Censored]. Sorry low d3 dad. Happy your kid in a college but does he know how insecure you are about his college choice?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I could care less about MCLA vs d3. One is club and the majority of d3 teams are really just not good lacrosse but who dragged Encino Man out of his cave. I didn’t know using gender based insults were still a thing. You must have hated your mom.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I could care less about MCLA vs d3. One is club and the majority of d3 teams are really just not good lacrosse but who dragged Encino Man out of his cave. I didn’t know using gender based insults were still a thing. You must have hated your mom.

Seems like you care a lot. The bottom line your kid plays on a team that EVERYONE makes, a that you pay thousands for him to be a part of. That's what club is, no matter how hard you try to tell your work buddies differently. You're also obviously quite sensitive, proven by your "gender-based insults" comment. So the bottom line, is you and your son lack any general toughness, the young lad couldn't handle the rigors of NCAA lacrosse so you paid for him to participate. That about right sweetheart?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems like you care a lot. The bottom line your kid plays on a team that EVERYONE makes, a that you pay thousands for him to be a part of. That's what club is, no matter how hard you try to tell your work buddies differently. You're also obviously quite sensitive, proven by your "gender-based insults" comment. So the bottom line, is you and your son lack any general toughness, the young lad couldn't handle the rigors of NCAA lacrosse so you paid for him to participate. That about right sweetheart?

Still waiting for you to show us all the teams that played in your so called 30-3 spanking?? Like it was said, enjoy watching your son play low D3 lax. He made a team...

Like Reply Quote
Page 260 of 268 1 2 258 259 260 261 262 267 268
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard