BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,475
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 259 of 268 1 2 257 258 259 260 261 267 268
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Power league this year will have GC, Manhasset, CSH, F'Dale, Pequa, Port W, Syo, South Side and Wantagh. Kudos to the coaches for making this happen. It should be a lot of good competitive lacrosse. It's better for these teams and better for the weaker programs.

Thanks for the fantasy. It’s not real, your East Meadow Jets not making playoffs. Sorry mom

Power League is 100% real. Teams will re-rank for ABCD playoffs; East Meadow could make a run after playing a schedule that actually makes sense for them and any other team in their shoes. Solid for lacrosse....imagine football did the same?

Check out blaxeight. Schedules starting to be downloaded and it's clear there will be a power conference and you can see who's in it. Look, East Meadow may not make the playoff or they may make it and lose big to a top team in the first round but they will now play a regular season against similar teams. The only people who might be anti-power conference are those of strong team who like beating up on weaker teams 20-0. Otherwise it's a home run.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Contact us to advertise
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Power league this year will have GC, Manhasset, CSH, F'Dale, Pequa, Port W, Syo, South Side and Wantagh. Kudos to the coaches for making this happen. It should be a lot of good competitive lacrosse. It's better for these teams and better for the weaker programs.

Thanks for the fantasy. It’s not real, your East Meadow Jets not making playoffs. Sorry mom

Power League is 100% real. Teams will re-rank for ABCD playoffs; East Meadow could make a run after playing a schedule that actually makes sense for them and any other team in their shoes. Solid for lacrosse....imagine football did the same?

Check out blaxeight. Schedules starting to be downloaded and it's clear there will be a power conference and you can see who's in it. Look, East Meadow may not make the playoff or they may make it and lose big to a top team in the first round but they will now play a regular season against similar teams. The only people who might be anti-power conference are those of strong team who like beating up on weaker teams 20-0. Otherwise it's a home run.

Yes, every team wants to play a brutal schedule week in and week out. Just look at the NCAA, exactly what they do. Georgia never plays weaker opponents in football. Thanks for your insight, just an FYI, little league baseball is the farthest athletic accomplishment you ever had. Go Jets!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SWR vs Chaminade and ST A's ?

a little to a lot. Cmon.

Heard St A's had a hard day yesterday a King of the Hill.

They played 3 games and dominated all 3.[/quote]

15-3 Hills 13-0 Pequ 14-1 Smithtown W.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SA beat Pequa 13-0 . They wouldnt dodge in the last 10 minutes and couldnt even take the ball out of the box for the last 5 minutes. Pequa showed a lot of class at the end of the game with cheap shots

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, every team wants to play a brutal schedule week in and week out. Just look at the NCAA, exactly what they do. Georgia never plays weaker opponents in football. Thanks for your insight, just an FYI, little league baseball is the farthest athletic accomplishment you ever had. Go Jets!

What a hammerhead. Advocating for half the games against teams that don't have real programs so you can win by 20 and puff your chest at the water cooler rather than competitive games throughout. And relax with the "brutal schedule", these kids are in high school they will be fine. I don't see the logic in your little league baseball comment when I am advocating for good competition throughout and you are advocating for playing against teams that have weak programs. I think what you are saying is it's better to play weak competition throughout the season so little Johnny is "fresh" for the postseason. Honestly, that's pathetic. Glad the coaches of the top programs have come around to my "little league baseball" thinking rather than your "big time college" way of doing things.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a hammerhead. Advocating for half the games against teams that don't have real programs so you can win by 20 and puff your chest at the water cooler rather than competitive games throughout. And relax with the "brutal schedule", these kids are in high school they will be fine. I don't see the logic in your little league baseball comment when I am advocating for good competition throughout and you are advocating for playing against teams that have weak programs. I think what you are saying is it's better to play weak competition throughout the season so little Johnny is "fresh" for the postseason. Honestly, that's pathetic. Glad the coaches of the top programs have come around to my "little league baseball" thinking rather than your "big time college" way of doing things.

Well thanks for proving my point little league hero, all the big time programs schedule weak opponents in an effort to rest their players from the grind of the season. Let’s be clear, GC, Manhasset, Wantagh etc don’t need to puff anything anywhere, but your EM Jets do. Go Jets!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well thanks for proving my point little league hero, all the big time programs schedule weak opponents in an effort to rest their players from the grind of the season. Let’s be clear, GC, Manhasset, Wantagh etc don’t need to puff anything anywhere, but your EM Jets do. Go Jets!

The more you post the dumber you sound. I'm from a town with a top program that will be playing in the power league. Multiple kids play. I have watched countless 20-0 games. The parents detest it and the kids detest it. It's even worse for the teams getting demolished like that. Farmingdale should not be playing Uniondale, Valley Stream, Plainview. Those teams will not develop programs if they play to play games and lose like that. It's bad all around. I've played in championship games. Yes, lacrosse. I'd rather have my kid have competitive regular season with great games against top team and maybe lose in the semis. By the way, all top teams will be playing similar schedules so they will all be in the same boat come playoff time. As I've said, the coaches obviously agree with me so beat it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the power league take place of the conference approach of past in the path to state championship? Really like the idea of top town teams competing, regardless of school class size, to help further develop the kids and for overall great experience for all. Let’s also agree that large schools will have a clear advantage in the power league given large pool of kids to work with. So again, is the power league an add-on or will it take place of conference approach of past?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the power league take place of the conference approach of past in the path to state championship? Really like the idea of top town teams competing, regardless of school class size, to help further develop the kids and for overall great experience for all. Let’s also agree that large schools will have a clear advantage in the power league given large pool of kids to work with. So again, is the power league an add-on or will it take place of conference approach of past?

I believe the power league will play each team in that league and probably a few games outside the league. When it comes to playoffs, teams get automatic bid. In playoffs teams go back to A, B, C, and D for conferences playoffs. By the way, for purposes of the power league, it's not about school size, it's strength of teams. So smaller schools like CSH and Manhasset will be in power league but larger schools like Uniondale and Baldwin will not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe the power league will play each team in that league and probably a few games outside the league. When it comes to playoffs, teams get automatic bid. In playoffs teams go back to A, B, C, and D for conferences playoffs. By the way, for purposes of the power league, it's not about school size, it's strength of teams. So smaller schools like CSH and Manhasset will be in power league but larger schools like Uniondale and Baldwin will not.
Girls side has done it that way for years without complaints

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
high school league Sunday night ---- express 2027 vs Flyers. Really?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Girls side, that speaks volumes about your athletic ability and lacrosse knowledge. You probably scream about holdbacks too, doesn’t that make kids better?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Girls side, that speaks volumes about your athletic ability and lacrosse knowledge. You probably scream about holdbacks too, doesn’t that make kids better?

Must be same dummy whining about the power league. His/her posts are increasingly unintelligible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Must be same dummy whining about the power league. His/her posts are increasingly unintelligible.

Yup, no worries about same as your son’s lacrosse ability! Clown

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Flyer varsity or JV???? If varsity there is going to be some freshman limping Monday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express 2027 has all hold backs and insane fathers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doubt it's all holdbacks. Do not doubt the insane fathers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doubt it's all holdbacks. Do not doubt the insane fathers.

Holdbacks? It’s high school. Is this a joke?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lot of top 25 and 26 teams and High School players down in Florida for IMLCA tournament. All College coaches are there for their convention. 91,Igloo, Legacy, etc
Should be some good games

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express has only a few holdbacks per team at most,,maybe 3 to 5 , stop the crying

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express has only a few holdbacks per team at most,,maybe 3 to 5 , stop the crying

Only 3-5 LMAO
3-5 insane families, gotcha.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious for those that have younger boys. My high school player is a senior and thankfully done with travel lacrosse. Is the age enforcement actually happening with younger kids in tournaments?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we had to submit info, birth certs, and pics for USA lacrosse to verify ages on a roster. but when you show up to the field no one is checking players to confirm player names and numbers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we had to submit info, birth certs, and pics for USA lacrosse to verify ages on a roster. but when you show up to the field no one is checking players to confirm player names and numbers.

There is zero system to check or enforce. Means nothing at majority of tournaments.

As much as I detest to say, Soccer does it right at club level, You get a a card and coach must bring it with him. Top tournaments, player stands there with card while referee walks by. Quick and easy

Never happen with lacrosse with the over run of holdbacks and private schools having to much influence. Common sense says its wrong to let players play down, one of the biggest things that is wrong with our sport at club youth level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
would see fake IDs within a year with these lunatic parents and coaches.

There is zero system to check or enforce. Means nothing at majority of tournaments.

As much as I detest to say, Soccer does it right at club level, You get a a card and coach must bring it with him. Top tournaments, player stands there with card while referee walks by. Quick and easy

Never happen with lacrosse with the over run of holdbacks and private schools having to much influence. Common sense says its wrong to let players play down, one of the biggest things that is wrong with our sport at club youth level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s not against the rules, so what’s the problem? Change the rules or just let it go. Same argument for at least 15 years. Nothings changed and nothing ever will.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s not against the rules, so what’s the problem? Change the rules or just let it go. Same argument for at least 15 years. Nothings changed and nothing ever will.

He asked a question, it was answered, try to keep up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately, it's most lacrosse players who can't keep up, hence the domination of holdbacks at every level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately, it's most lacrosse players who can't keep up, hence the domination of holdbacks at every level.

The holdback nonsense never stops. When they are in high school they are playing with older kids - so who cares. Get over it. My older son repeated pre-k with a summer birthday. Could have played D1 - but chose to have a good overall college experience. He is playing Club and having the time of his life. Get over the holdback stuff - its over you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdback kids don’t play against older kids. Everyone else does.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The holdback nonsense never stops. When they are in high school they are playing with older kids - so who cares. Get over it. My older son repeated pre-k with a summer birthday. Could have played D1 - but chose to have a good overall college experience. He is playing Club and having the time of his life. Get over the holdback stuff - its over you.

If he could have played D1 and you're still paying for him to play club, that's rough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If he could have played D1 and you're still paying for him to play club, that's rough.

Not really. 95% of players D1 not getting any money. We are paying 900$ for his Club team. And thanks to his few years of travel and high school he is one of the better kids so he made the team. Very competitive, lots of games. No complaints. Rough is all of us paying these ridiculous tuition's, athletics or not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not really. 95% of players D1 not getting any money. We are paying 900$ for his Club team. And thanks to his few years of travel and high school he is one of the better kids so he made the team. Very competitive, lots of games. No complaints. Rough is all of us paying these ridiculous tuition's, athletics or not.

I'm curious if this 95% number is accurate.

Does that $900 cover travel/meals/etc. for away games? I know that club can be very competitive. If my son is already not going to get scholarship money, I'd rather not have to pay on top of that. I guess we'll see what happens.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well Said.. Paying for Woke Life

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well Said.. Paying for Woke Life

"Woke Life"? Good lord. Don't you want your kids to be smarter than you are?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened with WM / Flyers game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately the "holdback nonsense" follows them into college, it's called the transfer portal. Grad students and 5th year players starters on every top team. College rosters are at an all time high, some as many as 60 players, but scholarship money is still minimal . If your son is willing to give up 30 hours a week of their college experience just to watch from the bench , to each their own. I also know for a fact the attrition rate from 1st to 2nd year players is at an all time high, no coincidence.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For some reason 2024 schedules have been taken down from blaxeight.net

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WM double up The Flyers and like good Christian boys they started talking [Censored] and a good-old fashioned Donnybrook was contested.
Boys will be Boys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WM double up The Flyers and like good Christian boys they started talking [Censored] and a good-old fashioned Donnybrook was contested.
Boys will be Boys

perfect summary

Like Reply Quote
Page 259 of 268 1 2 257 258 259 260 261 267 268
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard