BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,822
Posts391,125
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ask any kid that plays for a different team than their own just to help out and they will tell you how much fun they have.

I’m sure the Venom kids had fun, what about the Surge kids that were on the bench watching Venom kids take their playing time?

The only surge player it affected was the back up goalie

More importantly surge, rebels, Calvary, be the best
Should have made a bracket

Would have been better competition for ALL

Surge would have went 0-3 and wouldn’t be a my lacrosse tournament if 91 team doesn’t get an easy bracket.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we open a new thread "SURGE: King of the MLT Tourneys"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t detest, these are good kids. They don’t need your ridicule. Focus on your team and son. This team is good and will attract the better kids who aren’t getting enough playing time on their current team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are talking about 13 yr old kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously I don’t get the detest towards surge. Who is threatened by them and why??

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously I don’t get the detest towards surge. Who is threatened by them and why??
So when it’s other kids it’s ok. You 91 parents need help it should e wrong for all kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn’t that the coach who screams at the players and calls them losers every tournament? Good kids need better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn’t that the coach who screams at the players and calls them losers every tournament? Good kids need better

Everyone is free to go anywhere. I prefer a coach who is invested, cares and is expert. Not for everyone or every kid though def agree

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone is free to go anywhere. I prefer a coach who is invested, cares and is expert. Not for everyone or every kid though def agree

Here is the problem with travel sports, parents truly believe that this is OK. If a coach is acting like that to 13yo’s, he is Not invested, doesn’t NOT care and definitely is NOT an expert, he’s a laxer.
I have no skin is this game, but I know for sure that, if a teacher acted like that to your kid in the classroom, you would be looking to have them fired in a minute, but why is it acceptable on a sports field. Because you are chasing a “lax scholarship”.
News flash, there are 12.6 of them per D1 team, which need to get divided up amongst 40-50 players, so if you really think the mental abuse is worth it, have at it. And btw, where is that team in the new national rankings. Hmmmm.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is the problem with travel sports, parents truly believe that this is OK. If a coach is acting like that to 13yo’s, he is Not invested, doesn’t NOT care and definitely is NOT an expert, he’s a laxer.
I have no skin is this game, but I know for sure that, if a teacher acted like that to your kid in the classroom, you would be looking to have them fired in a minute, but why is it acceptable on a sports field. Because you are chasing a “lax scholarship”.
News flash, there are 12.6 of them per D1 team, which need to get divided up amongst 40-50 players, so if you really think the mental abuse is worth it, have at it. And btw, where is that team in the new national rankings. Hmmmm.

So you do not think that there is any life lesson to be learned from a tough coach like that? Everything in life isn’t so sweet- I get in 2023 that type of behavior isn’t as well accepted but many of us learned a lot from similar growing up. Every kid will not thrive in that environment but personally I think it builds character for the right kid. And I totally see the other side too so no need to berate my opinion

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't play Madlax then. "Losers" "[Censored]' and worse on the regular.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chucks only lost by 1. Venom by 4

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chucks only lost by 1. Venom by 4

Out of left field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi-curious to see recommendations (if any are worth sharing) for summer lax camps? I’ve seen a few advertised (PLL overnight in PA, St. Anthony’s, Powell brothers on LI). Looking for defensive camps. Son was interested in checking some out. Thanks in advance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club Nationals is next week - didn't see many Long Island teams entered.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any feedback on this LILJ College Bound program? It seems odd with such a wide variety of age groups.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son participated in LILJ College Bound last night. They mixed the grades together so there were times 8th graders going up against 6th graders in 1v1, 2v2, etc. drills. Good for the 6th graders as they get experience vs. bigger, stronger players. Not sure how much 8th graders benefit by going up against kids 2 years younger. Although my son said the 6th graders were mostly holding their own.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any feedback on this LILJ College Bound program? It seems odd with such a wide variety of age groups.

Anything run by LILJ is a complete money grab. If you want to spend a [Censored] load of money so your kid can get a shout out on instagram then go for it. The All Long Island Games are even worse. Hey you have been selected……now give us money for the uniform and the games you have to play in. What a joke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son participated in LILJ College Bound last night. They mixed the grades together so there were times 8th graders going up against 6th graders in 1v1, 2v2, etc. drills. Good for the 6th graders as they get experience vs. bigger, stronger players. Not sure how much 8th graders benefit by going up against kids 2 years younger. Although my son said the 6th graders were mostly holding their own.

Thanks for the information.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the information.

All of the above may be true. I would argue that their events are fun, good experience for the kids playing w others/meeting some coaches, and they promote well on social media which the kids enjoy. Every “showcase” is not equal but that doesn’t mean the less competitive ones [Censored]. If you’re looking for top competition this isn’t it. If you’re looking for recruiting you need to wait 2 years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question- Just relocated back to LI and have 2 boys. One in 8th and one in 6th. They have been playing lacrosse since kindergarten. Our area in Virginia had town teams but there was not much of a club/travel scene at least locally. I have been told by coworkers that Team 91 and Express are the main clubs. I will most likely have them tryout but would like some other options. I know it will depend on what level they are at compared to the others but would love some recommendations for programs w quality training and reasonable cost. Currently renting but will most likely settle in the Western Suffolk area where family mostly is. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance. I was told that this site could help but also to be weary of the sources.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Welcome back. And as much as I love this site and all the people and posts on it I would definitely be wary of everything that’s said in here because it can be quite toxic. So take everything with a grain of salt including mine as well.

The lax club scene is very vibrant so there are plenty of choices. It really depends on what the lax goals are. If the goal is to play high d1/d3 and play in the best tournaments against the best competition then express and 91 will be your best route. But keep in mind that playing time and making the top team out of their multiple teams is not guaranteed and playing time and starting are also not guaranteed. Long story short you have to be very realistic and honest about your kids ability and goals. Could you get recruited high d1 from the other clubs? Sure but the proven track record is with those top 2 clubs. (Disclaimer, my kids did not play BF or either)

If any recruitment is the goal (not top high d1) then it doesn’t matter what club you play for. I’d having fun and making friends is your goal then it doesn’t matter what club you play for. I could go into the nuances of each club but anything j say from here on out is purely opinion so you will have to get a sense yourself

There is obviously a ton more that factors in so Sorry to make it simplistic but to me, it all depends what your lax goals are. Unfortunately you don’t have a lot of time to figure this out given your kids ages (6th grader has more time) as the 8th grader doesn’t have the luxury of club hopping. The last thing I will say is enjoy the time. Don’t get caught up in the toxicity of the club scene because it can be quite rewarding. And in the end it all ends up being OK because lax is finite. It ends somewhere in high school or college. Enjoy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question- Just relocated back to LI and have 2 boys. One in 8th and one in 6th. They have been playing lacrosse since kindergarten. Our area in Virginia had town teams but there was not much of a club/travel scene at least locally. I have been told by coworkers that Team 91 and Express are the main clubs. I will most likely have them tryout but would like some other options. I know it will depend on what level they are at compared to the others but would love some recommendations for programs w quality training and reasonable cost. Currently renting but will most likely settle in the Western Suffolk area where family mostly is. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance. I was told that this site could help but also to be weary of the sources.

I would suggest contacting a few different clubs and see what options are available. Certain clubs don’t add mid-year unless the player is a impactful type addition. Others have an open door policy. Good luck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams worth reaching out to now to find a spot 2028
Great South Bay
Rush (roadrunners)
Rebels
True Long Island

You can get him a spot for the summer then come July is when all the tryouts happen

If you are looking for him to play at the aa level next season this is the list of teams that play in aa tournaments

91 Surge
91 Venom
BTB
Express Chucks
Igloo Northmen
Legacy LumberJax
Rebels Black
Rush Adrenaline
Shore 2 Shore Mamba

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NE Select is from Long Island

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone wants to talk about money grab. Travel to FL in December $$. National teams, camps – express camp, PLL, camp, Apex, Red Hots camp, savage. All of the above are money grabs. Showcases are mostly money grabs. Obviously the older the kid is the more value there is. But it’s good for the kids to experience all of these things also. Certainly not necessary, but definitely can’t hurt. Let people spend their money the way they want.
At the end of the day you have to pay to play anyway you slice it whether you think that’s ugly or not it is the TRUTH!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone wants to talk about money grab. Travel to FL in December $$. National teams, camps – express camp, PLL, camp, Apex, Red Hots camp, savage. All of the above are money grabs. Showcases are mostly money grabs. Obviously the older the kid is the more value there is. But it’s good for the kids to experience all of these things also. Certainly not necessary, but definitely can’t hurt. Let people spend their money the way they want.
At the end of the day you have to pay to play anyway you slice it whether you think that’s ugly or not it is the TRUTH!

This team is a total money grab - playing in 2 tournaments for nearly 2K, but like you said, people spend their money the want they want.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This team is a total money grab - playing in 2 tournaments for nearly 2K, but like you said, people spend their money the want they want.

Complete joke and money grab.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

McDonalds is a money grab, Starbucks huge money grab, Microsoft money grab and a monopoly. What the heck are you all talking about money grab. You dont have to do business with anyone ever anytime so stop calling it a money grab. My son loves to play and spending New Years in Florida with family and friends is more like a vacation though vacation = tourism = Money grab. 2k for 2 tournaments and the roster is full. Sounds more like TZ has set the market rate........good to see NES is back making a run though. We thought they were done after their original mission to build a team to beat Madlax at Club Nationals in 2021 failed in OT,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

McDonalds is a money grab, Starbucks huge money grab, Microsoft money grab and a monopoly. What the heck are you all talking about money grab. You dont have to do business with anyone ever anytime so stop calling it a money grab. My son loves to play and spending New Years in Florida with family and friends is more like a vacation though vacation = tourism = Money grab. 2k for 2 tournaments and the roster is full. Sounds more like TZ has set the market rate........good to see NES is back making a run though. We thought they were done after their original mission to build a team to beat Madlax at Club Nationals in 2021 failed in OT,
Beat it, Cabell. Don’t you have a game to get tossed from this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about ML? Game over for CM. Hawks and everyone has surpassed them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you like spending thousands of dollars to watch your kid play a few games of lacrosse against kids 1-2 years older than him then Club Nationals in FL is where you want to go!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take a look at the division Madlax placed themselves in at Club Nationals. Complete cupcakes. Guess u need to win some games to try to attract players from the Fall meltdown where 11 of 19 players left for greener pastures.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you like spending thousands of dollars to watch your kid play a few games of lacrosse against kids 1-2 years older than him then Club Nationals in FL is where you want to go!

I take it you aren’t going.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
detest to break it to you but it’s going to be that way for every tournament from here on out. Either hold back your kid or deal with it. It’s not as big of a difference once the boys get to high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take a look at the division Madlax placed themselves in at Club Nationals. Complete cupcakes. Guess u need to win some games to try to attract players from the Fall meltdown where 11 of 19 players left for greener pastures.
11 of 19? All to NL?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TZ didn’t need to build another team to beat Madlax, his Taz team has smacked up Madlax many times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
11 of 19? All to NL?
9 went to DC Express, 2 went to NL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
11 of 19? All to NL?
Ouch!Is this a bit of a false headline though in that Madlax runs their season from Jan-Jan so did these kids leave or did they get cut? Also have seen this repeatedly in DMV, come 9th grade the clubs realign around HS teams. ML- Landon, DCE- Bullis, NL- St Johns, Crabs- Calvert Hall, etc. Is that what happened here as well?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
11 of 19? All to NL?
Ouch!Is this a bit of a false headline though in that Madlax runs their season from Jan-Jan so did these kids leave or did they get cut? Also have seen this repeatedly in DMV, come 9th grade the clubs realign around HS teams. ML- Landon, DCE- Bullis, NL- St Johns, Crabs- Calvert Hall, etc. Is that what happened here as well?
Not in this case. Most of the best players left Madlax and went to DC Express. Two other good players went to NL. DC Express doesn’t start till 8th grade, so there’s always some attrition— but this was a coup. DCE is still putting the pieces together, they had 10-11 kids from a mediocre BLC team to work with, but they are already pretty decent. Beat Next Level and 3D Georgia in the fall. Should be very good come summer 2024. Madlax flying in kids from all over the country to try to compete in 2028. Will be a real struggle. Cabell just couldn’t get out of the way, he’s a narcissistic maniac.

Like Reply Quote
Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard