BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,822
Posts391,125
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's the early PowerRankings of excuses for any team that loses a game this weekend.

1. Our best players are still in football
2. Kids just met today for the first time
3. They had a bunch of holdbacks
4. They flew kids in / that kid's not really on their team
5. Daddy ball!
6. We've only had one practice

Good luck!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here's the early PowerRankings of excuses for any team that loses a game this weekend.

5. Daddy ball!

Good luck!!

Agreed. Except 1 and 6. Kids are playing football not lax and fall practice is minimal especially as the kids get older. But that’s why fall ball is never to be taken seriously; it’s just not representative of your team or your opponents. I know parents get excited about fall ball because it’s the beginning of the new year but fall ball often doesn’t translate into summer success. Enjoy the wins now because once high school hits wins and losses are meaningless cuz nobody cares

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing really to argue about but I think it’s venom, 2Way leading edge, North as the top teams (in no order). PT and express one small step below.
Um, I guess venom and north is one small step below

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well the scores don’t lie….Express Chucks Black is the best team on Long Island. We played them and Venom today and hands down Express Chucks was the better team. They have a much deeper roster than Venom. I guess we know who scored with the player movement between those 2 teams this summer and everyone can stop their chirping about Venom being the best. I wish 2way and Leading Edge would play 12 & 13 year olds and then we could really rank the 2028’s.
(To add salt in the haters wounds…the Express parents were even calm and nice)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well the scores don’t lie….Express Chucks Black is the best team on Long Island. We played them and Venom today and hands down Express Chucks was the better team. They have a much deeper roster than Venom. I guess we know who scored with the player movement between those 2 teams this summer and everyone can stop their chirping about Venom being the best. I wish 2way and Leading Edge would play 12 & 13 year olds and then we could really rank the 2028’s.

This has express parent all over it

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That would make you a prime time parent? With an interest in LI teams… hmmmm.
And you lost to both by 2 goals but you are here to tell us how deep express bench is?? I call BS. Nice try express mom!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Venom is better. Express just brings in 2008 players to take faceoffs. Doesn’t really make them better. Cheaters maybe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing really to argue about but I think it’s venom, 2Way leading edge, North as the top teams (in no order). PT and express one small step below.

Maybe so but ultimately Express did what they always do. They won 2 out of 3 games. Rarely ever go 3-0 in tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Venom is better. Express just brings in 2008 players to take faceoffs. Doesn’t really make them better. Cheaters maybe.

Where did they get him from?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe so but ultimately Express did what they always do. They won 2 out of 3 games. Rarely ever go 3-0 in tournaments.

Old man wants to win by any means necessary

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can't claim to be the best team on Long Island when you are bringing in kids from out of state.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One observation from yesterday was that express isn’t the only team with a massive roster, Igloo and BTB were also both 30+

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

California 2027 West Coast Starz

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can't claim to be the best team on Long Island when you are bringing in kids from out of state.

Only real issue is the kids graduation year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeh but what happened to Venom in the Primetime game? Venom lost 2 out of 3 games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeh but what happened to Venom in the Primetime game? Venom lost 2 out of 3 games.

Primetime played great, credit to them for flipping the script from a 8-1 loss to a 2 goal victory.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Played terrible. Venom stinks. Everyone rejoice. We get it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2028 Faceoff parents can’t be happy about that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Venom parents are mad.the coach going to cancel the season. You guys are pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only real issue is the kids graduation year
I disagree. If he is truly in 8th grade but is older, so what? No rule for 2028s. The real issue is the previous post said "best on LI". If this kid is on Chucks Black for the year, so be it. But then the team becomes a national type team with kids from another state (CA to be exact) and is not the best LI talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This has express parent all over it

Wonder where he will play at NAL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One observation from yesterday was that express isn’t the only team with a massive roster, Igloo and BTB were also both 30+

BTB parent - 27 on roster. 2 hurt, did not dress. 2 are goalies. New math is awesome.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

After years of venom poaching, maneuvering, offering free tuition… this is satisfying to read. For such a super-team, engineered by LI lax parents, the last 6 months have to be a big disappointment. Maybe the kids cut over the summer weren’t the reason?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No excuses we/venom played flat in the last two games. Period

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just say they were the better team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The question was what happened the last two games. Obviously you are a newbie to lacrosse. At this age it doesn’t matter win or loose only how your kid performs.

Express and Venom are the teams that get the looks at tournaments (from LI) There are great kids on other teams that will also get looks. Welcome to adult ball people! Please grow up!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The question was what happened the last two games. Obviously you are a newbie to lacrosse. At this age it doesn’t matter win or loose only how your kid performs.

Express and Venom are the teams that get the looks at tournaments (from LI) There are great kids on other teams that will also get looks. Welcome to adult ball people! Please grow up!
Your a hammerhead venom lost and you can’t bring yourself to say hey Express was the better team that day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait so Venom act like tools leading up to the tournament. Lose and says grow up people. This is great

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If need be, Venom will just recruit kids from other states like they did for Shock which was a worse team at this age. That Shock team was a national team and not an LI team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about the fact that 2way and Leading Edge were head and shoulders above everyone else.

They both had better athletes and weapons all over the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone who has played against or watched a Venom game know that those parents care about winning more than anything so this is disingenuous to say the least. You’ve heard the screaming, the cowbells in the past. Heck this team quit on the season because they didn’t win last yr.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5. Daddy ball!

Good luck!!

This is fantastic. I see 3 & 4 seem to be the winners so far in the above posts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If need be, Venom will just recruit kids from other states like they did for Shock which was a worse team at this age. That Shock team was a national team and not an LI team.

Like having a FOGO fly in for an 8th grade game? Plenty of out of state players in express 2025.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like having a FOGO fly in for an 8th grade game? Plenty of out of state players in express 2025.

To be fair, the top ranked players on Shock are all from LI, two going to NC and the last one has not announced, but can go to any school he wants. They all, and several other high D1 recruits have been on that team for a long time. And I am not a 91 parent. However, both 91 and Express attract, not recruit, other players from all over because of who those clubs are and their recruitment record.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just to be clear the only issue with the California fly in is that he is a 2027. They can fly in whoever they want just have the kid be a 2028. Anyone on here trying to turn this on 91 is the reason clubs continue to pull this stuff

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about the fact that 2way and Leading Edge were head and shoulders above everyone else.

They both had better athletes and weapons all over the field.

Been sitting this in depth analysis out on the sidelines, but I have to draw the line with this genius I’m quoting.
Are you serious? 2way and LE are saturated with kids 12-18 months older than any Long Island team. Period. End of story. And yes, it matters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

After years of venom poaching, maneuvering, offering free tuition… this is satisfying to read. For such a super-team, engineered by LI lax parents, the last 6 months have to be a big disappointment. Maybe the kids cut over the summer weren’t the reason?

Yup. If the team continues to struggle get ready for the influx of out of state studs. The head coach of venom had to get relieved of head coaching duties for the 2026 team because it was so bad. They actually brought up 2027s to help them qualify for the World Series. That’s how bad it was. Then SL took over and brought in a lot of out of state studs. Maybe they should look at who’s running Venom.

91 started the influx of out of staters with the 2025 team. It’s prevalent with the 2026 team. 2027 seems ok now but you never now. If venom struggles they will do the same.

With this new philosophy us Long Islanders can’t cry about holdbacks if top teams are bringing them in from other states

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like that "Big Gap" between Venom and Express got old quickly. Prediction LI Express won't be the only LI team to beat Venom this year. That "Gap" between the two top teams is a lot smaller than you think.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares. They are both good teams. Good to see two teams battling rather than blow outs. Better for the kids long term. Winning and losing, especially in fall ball, is of no consequence.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like that "Big Gap" between Venom and Express got old quickly. Prediction LI Express won't be the only LI team to beat Venom this year. That "Gap" between the two top teams is a lot smaller than you think.

Apparently, Venom is lucky. Because if this was a 2 day tournament.. they would have lost to LE and 2Way as well. So, they would have been 1-4 versus the field. They need to call up Surge guys stat.

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard