BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,482
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 257 of 269 1 2 255 256 257 258 259 268 269
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Of course any dad or mom is going to say the teams were preordained if his/her son didn't make it. Most sports parents lack self-awareness.

There was a LOT of talent on display during the 2025 game. Maybe your son just had a rough day at tryouts?

Guess your son is a lucky one with connections

Or my son works his tail off to get better every day and earned a spot. Imagine that.

Sorry your kid didn't make it. Don't take it out on mine.
I can see that SWR and BBP are loaded with 2024 talent what HS's in Nassau will be top dogs?

I don’t think any team can measure up to SWR and Bayport, Definitely no public’s. Not even St A’s and Chaminade, are better on paper.

Agreed. Those teams are stacked.

No one has as much top tier 2024 talent. St A’s and Flyers have talent, obviously, but those two teams have the most. But the Catholics have a lot more depth than either.

SA and Cham have the 2025 talent though.

Catholic 2024 talent is deep just look and the committed list of kids that haven't played because there part of the programs. There Practice are better then lost in the LI Championship

Perfect argument for public school right there
GC is not going to dominate Nassau! The coaches son is playing for Duke. The town to the south of them is loaded with talent and deep.

Yup, let's keep up the same silly commentary like you do every year, then go silent once the season ends with another LIC
Not the same, because GC has legitimately been the better program in the past. But not this year! The SS 2024 class is significantly better.

What is SS?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SS is South Shore, and this mom thinks they are the cream of the crop. They’re not, but it will be fun to watch. Can’t wait for her to see reality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course any dad or mom is going to say the teams were preordained if his/her son didn't make it. Most sports parents lack self-awareness.

There was a LOT of talent on display during the 2025 game. Maybe your son just had a rough day at tryouts?

Guess your son is a lucky one with connections

Or my son works his tail off to get better every day and earned a spot. Imagine that.

Sorry your kid didn't make it. Don't take it out on mine.
I can see that SWR and BBP are loaded with 2024 talent what HS's in Nassau will be top dogs?

I don’t think any team can measure up to SWR and Bayport, Definitely no public’s. Not even St A’s and Chaminade, are better on paper.

Agreed. Those teams are stacked.

No one has as much top tier 2024 talent. St A’s and Flyers have talent, obviously, but those two teams have the most. But the Catholics have a lot more depth than either.

SA and Cham have the 2025 talent though.

Catholic 2024 talent is deep just look and the committed list of kids that haven't played because there part of the programs. There Practice are better then lost in the LI Championship

Perfect argument for public school right there
GC is not going to dominate Nassau! The coaches son is playing for Duke. The town to the south of them is loaded with talent and deep.

Yup, let's keep up the same silly commentary like you do every year, then go silent once the season ends with another LIC
Not the same, because GC has legitimately been the better program in the past. But not this year! The SS 2024 class is significantly better.

Based on what? Coaching better? Athletes better? It’s the same thing yearly, never ever pans out. It’s just wishful thinking Cyclone dad.
Based off of going to tournaments, clinics and showcases ,Yes SS has better athletes for this class and No i don't think the coaching is better. in the past i would say Yes it was wishful Thinking. This year its a matter of fact thinking. The SS 2024 class is better. So Trojan Dad be honest with yourself If you were out on those fields you see it also.

What clubs do the SS players play for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What does that have to do with anything, who cares what club team they play for. SMH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So a friend of mine son will be 18 next week, he should've graduated in 2023. However he had his kid go to kindergarten twice, so back then i asked him he said he wasn't mature enough to go to first grade HAHAHAHAHAH. My friend and his wife are both teachers and they were both college athletes. They new at 5yrs old they should reclass him thinking the advantage it would give him being a year older. Unfortunately it didn't pan out he will play in college on the D-3 level which is great but its not what they thought was going to be the outcome.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So a friend of mine son will be 18 next week, he should've graduated in 2023. However he had his kid go to kindergarten twice, so back then i asked him he said he wasn't mature enough to go to first grade HAHAHAHAHAH. My friend and his wife are both teachers and they were both college athletes. They new at 5yrs old they should reclass him thinking the advantage it would give him being a year older. Unfortunately it didn't pan out he will play in college on the D-3 level which is great but its not what they thought was going to be the outcome.

Reclassing is BadPerson for sure but with friends like you who needs enemies. Who knows why exactly they had their kid “reclass” (I’m not sure I would call it that at age 5) but I hope it wasn’t for athletics. A lot of kids have to be held back or repeat a year for a lot of reasons and it usually ain’t athletics at that age. And you say the parents were athletes; then they would surely know the best time to reclass is not at age 5 but to repeat grade 8 or grade 9. And nothing wrong with d3. I can think of 20 d3 schools is rather go to then the bottom 40 d1 schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re his friend and you are mocking him? You’re a special person.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What exactly is your point? Are you responding to a particular post?

Starting Kindergarten late, repeating kindergarten, repeating 9th grade, PGing etc... are nothing new. I went to college in the mid to late 80's and had friends/teammates who fell in each of the above categories.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re his friend and you are mocking him? You’re a special person.

Yeah that seems like a peach of a friend. That “friend” showing all his insecurities about his own kid online. Mocking his so called teacher friend for something that’s so commonplace for kids to hold back when they at very young and then to think that D1 lax is the only goal in life. Feel bad for his kid and the pressure he must put on him and the role model he sets for being a friend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Starting Kindergarten late, repeating kindergarten, repeating 9th grade, PGing etc... are nothing new. I went to college in the mid to late 80's and had friends/teammates who fell in each of the above categories.

The guy who wrote the original post is the real pathetic person here. He’s an incredibly disloyal person as well as a pathetic coward, he should laugh in his “friends” face and see how that goes.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does that have to do with anything, who cares what club team they play for. SMH

Hmmm. Let’s see… based on a little common sense… good clubs have good players. Average clubs have average players. Bad clubs have bad players. Based on your response, we already know plenty about the SS team. lol.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The guy who wrote the original post is the real pathetic person here. He’s an incredibly disloyal person as well as a pathetic coward, he should laugh in his “friends” face and see how that goes.

Turning 18 in the Fall of your senior year of high school is pretty normal. To me it does not really count as a "reclass".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmm. Let’s see… based on a little common sense… good clubs have good players. Average clubs have average players. Bad clubs have bad players. Based on your response, we already know plenty about the SS team. lol.[/quote]
Hmm Yes Lets see....If you feel club teams matter so much. There are more SS on the better club teams than GC. In past years GC has been the better team. NOT this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
South Side HS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously - what a guy. For the record we switched schools after pre-k - my son is a July birthday. New school said he would do better academically as an older student so we repeated pre-k. I had no idea what the lacrosse landscape was. I hope my friends don't tattle on me. By the way, my son is going D3, at a school that most D1 kids can't get in to. I am pretty sure thankfully I don't have jealous friends like you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turning 18 in the Fall of your senior year of high school is pretty normal. To me it does not really count as a "reclass".

Agreed. Those kids have the choice. WSYL use to use 9/1 as the cutoff date (not sure if they still do). I believe that MD schools consider the 9/1 as completely on age. Does anyone know what date most of the MD schools use? Prob not in moot any since I’ve never heard of a kid from MD that went D1 and wasn't a prep kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. Those kids have the choice. WSYL use to use 9/1 as the cutoff date (not sure if they still do). I believe that MD schools consider the 9/1 as completely on age. Does anyone know what date most of the MD schools use? Prob not in moot any since I’ve never heard of a kid from MD that went D1 and wasn't a prep kid.

MD schools are 9/1 but it seems like half of boys with summer birthdays start a year late for various reasons. Very few public school kids going D1 from DMV but there are 5-10 each year. Most notable recent one was Brian Ruppel (G Maryland) from Catonsville HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SS is South Shore, and this mom thinks they are the cream of the crop. They’re not, but it will be fun to watch. Can’t wait for her to see reality.

Its South Side! not south shore. not a mom. And they are! the cream of the crop this year. deep down you know it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its South Side! not south shore. not a mom. And they are! the cream of the crop this year. deep down you know it.

Sorry auto correct, and you are most certainly a mom, because a man would never write the way you do. You’ll lose to GV badly just an FYI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a bunch of Bozos!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry auto correct, and you are most certainly a mom, because a man would never write the way you do. You’ll lose to GV badly just an FYI.

I happen to agree with the mom, South Side should be beat GC this year. Loaded with talent and deep.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I happen to agree with the mom, South Side should be beat GC this year. Loaded with talent and deep.

South Side Mom’s Group has spoken!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

South Side Mom’s Group has spoken!

If they are so loaded with talent why haven’t they gone further? The 2024’s were on the team last year and they didn’t make the differential . They lost a lot of good talent with their 2023’s including the goalie. The ‘24 goalie is nowhere near as good. So unless they have a younger student goalie coming up they could have a gap there. They haven’t won a title in a very long time. I would say their coaching is an issue as well and should have been changed years ago. But time will tell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With St A's moving out of the Catholic League will they still play Chaminade 2X a yr?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With St A's moving out of the Catholic League will they still play Chaminade 2X a yr?

St Ants is moving to where? I didn't hear that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St Ants is moving to where? I didn't hear that.

They are not. Next.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]With St A's moving out of the Catholic League will they still play Chaminade 2X a yr?

St Ants is moving to where? I didn't hear that.[/quote

Before covid they where said to be moving to a Private School Schedule, sounds like its happening now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]With St A's moving out of the Catholic League will they still play Chaminade 2X a yr?

Before covid they where said to be moving to a Private School Schedule, sounds like its happening now.

Again. Trust me. Not happening. LI public schools aren’t competition for the Catholics. Manhasset and GC and wherever can blow their horns but they aren’t.
That being the case they are going nowhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again. Trust me. Not happening. LI public schools aren’t competition for the Catholics. Manhasset and GC and wherever can blow their horns but they aren’t.

They are on Lawrenceville 2024 Schedule. Trust Me

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a prep school. St Ants plays prep schools every year. That's nothing new.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a prep school. St Ants plays prep schools every year. That's nothing new.

I understand your frustration over your situation. You’re paying $50k to buy your way on to what’s historically been an Allstar team on LI and a pipeline to top D1 schools. Heck, you’re already paying $25k+ in public school taxes which you don’t even use. Now it looks like it’s all going to be for not, since both the Catholics are in for an off year. Yeah. I get it! It’s true, past performance doesn’t guarantee future results, and 2024 is about to be a vivid reminder of that. St A’s has been king of the island the past couple years, but that team is now long gone. And the pipeline doesn’t come anywhere close to being able to replace those key players. Chaminade has been solid last couple of years, but definitely not elite. They will also be knocked down a peg this year. Simply, the majority of the top talent in ‘24 decided to play for their high schools. As a result, 2024 will see public schools take over the top spots this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I understand your frustration over your situation. You’re paying $50k to buy your way on to what’s historically been an Allstar team on LI and a pipeline to top D1 schools. Heck, you’re already paying $25k+ in public school taxes which you don’t even use. Now it looks like it’s all going to be for not, since both the Catholics are in for an off year. Yeah. I get it! It’s true, past performance doesn’t guarantee future results, and 2024 is about to be a vivid reminder of that. St A’s has been king of the island the past couple years, but that team is now long gone. And the pipeline doesn’t come anywhere close to being able to replace those key players. Chaminade has been solid last couple of years, but definitely not elite. They will also be knocked down a peg this year. Simply, the majority of the top talent in ‘24 decided to play for their high schools. As a result, 2024 will see public schools take over the top spots this year.

You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. Your entire statement is void.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. Your entire statement is void.

Ahhh. Still in the denial phase. I get it. Acceptance will come. Give it time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In your define wisdom what Public School will be taking over the top spot?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to the RVC Moms Group it's South Side all the way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you know anything about the subject matter that you are arguing about, then you already know the answer to your question.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you know anything about the subject matter that you are arguing about, then you already know the answer to your question.

SS lost to GC by 1 goal last yr. the 24s did all the work. GC 23s did all the work for them. SS 24 Goalie is REAL good no holes there. GC/Holy Cross offense is weak and will be shut down. SS fogo may be one of the best in country. Moms club has spoken!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SS lost to GC by 1 goal last yr. the 24s did all the work. GC 23s did all the work for them. SS 24 Goalie is REAL good no holes there. GC/Holy Cross offense is weak and will be shut down. SS fogo may be one of the best in country. Moms club has spoken!

GC will have a off year very Over Rated that being said SS always underperforms. MHS Moms Club!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ST A keep playing babyball or ready to step up with a shot clock, dont get it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SS lost to GC by 1 goal last yr. the 24s did all the work. GC 23s did all the work for them. SS 24 Goalie is REAL good no holes there. GC/Holy Cross offense is weak and will be shut down. SS fogo may be one of the best in country. Moms club has spoken![/quote]

You are delusional! I would love to see some proof on that. Who scored all the goals? How many saves did the ‘23 goalie make? If the ‘24 goalie is so good why didn’t he play last year? Oh, because the ‘23 goalie was superior. SS is playing a much easier schedule than last year so they can pump their chests. They still won’t win it all!

Like Reply Quote
Page 257 of 269 1 2 255 256 257 258 259 268 269
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard