BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,464
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 256 of 268 1 2 254 255 256 257 258 267 268
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Of course any dad or mom is going to say the teams were preordained if his/her son didn't make it. Most sports parents lack self-awareness.

There was a LOT of talent on display during the 2025 game. Maybe your son just had a rough day at tryouts?

Guess your son is a lucky one with connections

Or my son works his tail off to get better every day and earned a spot. Imagine that.

Sorry your kid didn't make it. Don't take it out on mine.
I can see that SWR and BBP are loaded with 2024 talent what HS's in Nassau will be top dogs?

I don’t think any team can measure up to SWR and Bayport, Definitely no public’s. Not even St A’s and Chaminade, are better on paper.

Agreed. Those teams are stacked.

No one has as much top tier 2024 talent. St A’s and Flyers have talent, obviously, but those two teams have the most. But the Catholics have a lot more depth than either.

SA and Cham have the 2025 talent though.

Catholic 2024 talent is deep just look and the committed list of kids that haven't played because there part of the programs. There Practice are better then lost in the LI Championship

Perfect argument for public school right there

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course any dad or mom is going to say the teams were preordained if his/her son didn't make it. Most sports parents lack self-awareness.

There was a LOT of talent on display during the 2025 game. Maybe your son just had a rough day at tryouts?

Or my son works his tail off to get better every day and earned a spot. Imagine that.

I can see that SWR and BBP are loaded with 2024 talent what HS's in Nassau will be top dogs?

I don’t think any team can measure up to SWR and Bayport, Definitely no public’s. Not even St A’s and Chaminade, are better on paper.

No one has as much top tier 2024 talent. St A’s and Flyers have talent, obviously, but those two teams have the most. But the Catholics have a lot more depth than either.

Catholic 2024 talent is deep just look and the committed list of kids that haven't played because there part of the programs. There Practice are better then lost in the LI Championship

After BBP and SWR, who else with strong senior class? Manhasset? GC? Wantsgh? Northport? WM? Sinai?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

After BBP and SWR, who else with strong senior class? Manhasset? GC? Wantsgh? Northport? WM? Sinai?

BBP and SWR would lose to the Catholic's schools by 10 goals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All the good 25's and 26's now, the 25's are a weak class top to bottom that are overhyped going into this summer and didn't show up.

All of these silly proclamations. There is a LOT of 2025 talent on the Island. You'll see a lot more of it this spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Typical BOTC mindless response. Nobody with any awareness of the ‘24 landscape on the island would make that statement. I do think St A’s will be very strong, and definitely the better of the two Catholics. And due to their depth I think they would be very competitive with Shoreham and bayport.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Typical BOTC mindless response. Nobody with any awareness of the ‘24 landscape on the island would make that statement. I do think St A’s will be very strong, and definitely the better of the two Catholics. And due to their depth I think they would be very competitive with Shoreham and bayport.

10 goals is high maybe 8!! both Fogo's wont lose a faceoff.. you need the ball to win

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

10 goals is high maybe 8!! both Fogo's wont lose a faceoff.. you need the ball to win

Very valid point, unless a team is significantly better and able to win “some” draws. Depends how much better the team is, ultimately.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Catholics would beat any public team by 5 at least. No knock on them, but the poster is way off here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
at least

Catholics would beat any public team by 5 at least. No knock on them, but the poster is way off here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you spend at least $13,000 a year for a private education that (excluding Chaminade) is not on par with most Long Island public schools, but you can boast that you have better lacrosse? What exactly is the real gain here? All for maybe $8k in scholarship money? Put it into a 529 and you’ll show your kid what smart investing is all about.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why stating obvious. There’s not a level playing field
there since the Catholics pull their athletes from all of Long Island while the public High schools only in their district. So not sure why pounding chest on this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Def not pounding the chest - the post was in reply to this guy : I don’t think any team can measure up to SWR and Bayport, Definitely no public’s. Not even St A’s and Chaminade, are better on paper.

Not a level playing field obviously. Not even close. One of them actively recruits from the travel programs also... all for what, agree.

Why stating obvious. There’s not a level playing field
there since the Catholics pull their athletes from all of Long Island while the public High schools only in their district. So not sure why pounding chest on this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
at least

I heard somewhere that “past performance is no guarantee of future results.” Get your heads out of the past, people. This is the here and now. No longer 2023 or any other year in ancient history, that you think it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they are relying on 2025’s, they are in deep trouble.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
at least

I heard somewhere that “past performance is no guarantee of future results.” Get your heads out of the past, people. This is the here and now. No longer 2023 or any other year in ancient history, that you think it is.

incredibly well said - unfortunately we will never know - as these teams will not play each other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you spend at least $13,000 a year for a private education that (excluding Chaminade) is not on par with most Long Island public schools, but you can boast that you have better lacrosse? What exactly is the real gain here? All for maybe $8k in scholarship money? Put it into a 529 and you’ll show your kid what smart investing is all about.

Private schools are not on par with most LI public schools? LOL.. you have a lot of faith in the US public education system..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Private schools are not on par with most LI public schools? LOL.. you have a lot of faith in the US public education system..

detest to break it to you slick, Holy Trinity isn’t exactly a good school, for that matter neither is SJB, and the academics at SA aren’t really that great either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’d say that many LI public schools, if not most, are better academic institutions than St A’s. Chaminade is a different story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
at least

incredibly well said - unfortunately we will never know - as these teams will not play each other.

True. But do a roster comparison of the 2024’s, and the two public’s come out on top. Fact is, Manhas and GC are probably ahead of the Catholics too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
at least

True. But do a roster comparison of the 2024’s, and the two public’s come out on top. Fact is, Manhas and GC are probably ahead of the Catholics too.

Not Looking at the IL Div 1 Commitment list, what list are you making up in your mind?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone want to take a stab at a way too early LI Top 10? I’m sure it would be more accurate than any of the local pundits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
at least

Not Looking at the IL Div 1 Commitment list, what list are you making up in your mind?
at least

at least

The roster list. Think about it. The 2 best ‘24 clubs on LI are 91 and Legacy. Tops in the country, in fact. The greatest concentration of players on those teams come from Shoreham and Bayport. I’d say about 6-8 players from each town. That alone almost comprises a starting lineup for each team. With that sort of senior class, both teams should be dominant, to say the least.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
at least

at least

at least

The roster list. Think about it. The 2 best ‘24 clubs on LI are 91 and Legacy. Tops in the country, in fact. The greatest concentration of players on those teams come from Shoreham and Bayport. I’d say about 6-8 players from each town. That alone almost comprises a starting lineup for each team. With that sort of senior class, both teams should be dominant, to say the least.

In lacrosse you play with 10 starters, the teams you are referring too have been underachieving for there entire HS careers. Once again we will never know because you wont move the Yaphank game to play any of us. I do love the way you stick up for small town USA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not accurate. They have good players sure, but would not be a contest. They would have ZERO chance against the Catholics. Game would be over after the 1st quarter. Too deep, too talented.

at least

at least

at least

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not accurate. They have good players sure, but would not be a contest. They would have ZERO chance against the Catholics. Game would be over after the 1st quarter. Too deep, too talented.

at least

at least

at least

Its HS not club ball and from there last performance both teams have underachieved. You don’t have the depth anyway but if you would like drop Yaphank we would gladly play you .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not Looking at the IL Div 1 Commitment list, what list are you making up in your mind?[/quote]

The roster list. Think about it. The 2 best ‘24 clubs on LI are 91 and Legacy. Tops in the country, in fact. The greatest concentration of players on those teams come from Shoreham and Bayport. I’d say about 6-8 players from each town. That alone almost comprises a starting lineup for each team. With that sort of senior class, both teams should be dominant, to say the least.[/quote][/quote]

Thank you for the fact filled, well thought out response. Poster must be a 17 year old kid. “My teams better because my daddy said so.” Sorry little fella, OD’s gone and he took all his friends.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The roster list. Think about it. The 2 best ‘24 clubs on LI are 91 and Legacy. Tops in the country, in fact. The greatest concentration of players on those teams come from Shoreham and Bayport. I’d say about 6-8 players from each town. That alone almost comprises a starting lineup for each team. With that sort of senior class, both teams should be dominant, to say the least.[/quote][/quote]

Thank you for the fact filled, well thought out response. Poster must be a 17 year old kid. “My teams better because my daddy said so.” Sorry little fella, OD’s gone and he took all his friends.[/quote]

Totally agree with post. On paper, those teams have as much top talent as any team, anywhere. Can’t say that statement about the Catholics. GC belongs in the conversation too. They will dominate Nassau.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Thank you for the fact filled, well thought out response. Poster must be a 17 year old kid. “My teams better because my daddy said so.” Sorry little fella, OD’s gone and he took all his friends.[/quote]

Totally agree with post. On paper, those teams have as much top talent as any team, anywhere. Can’t say that statement about the Catholics. GC belongs in the conversation too. They will dominate Nassau.[/quote]

OK, GC Mommy lol. I mean cmon. Dominate Nassau? Who do they play, Calhoun? "Can't say that about the Catholics?" Catholics would beat GC by 15, and thats no joke. Cant we switch and talk about Massapequa coaching again?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally agree with post. On paper, those teams have as much top talent as any team, anywhere. Can’t say that statement about the Catholics. GC belongs in the conversation too. They will dominate Nassau.[/quote]

OK, GC Mommy lol. I mean cmon. Dominate Nassau? Who do they play, Calhoun? "Can't say that about the Catholics?" Catholics would beat GC by 15, and thats no joke. Cant we switch and talk about Massapequa coaching again?[/quote]

Sure thing SJB mommy lol, other than Chaminade, GC kids are going to be the “Catholics” bosses someday. That 15 goals will mean exactly nothing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you for the fact filled, well thought out response. Poster must be a 17 year old kid. “My teams better because my daddy said so.” Sorry little fella, OD’s gone and he took all his friends.

OK, GC Mommy lol. I mean cmon. Dominate Nassau? Who do they play, Calhoun? "Can't say that about the Catholics?" Catholics would beat GC by 15, and thats no joke. Cant we switch and talk about Massapequa coaching again?[/quote]

Sure thing SJB mommy lol, other than Chaminade, GC kids are going to be the “Catholics” bosses someday. That 15 goals will mean exactly nothing.[/quote]

"Someday" hahaha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GC is not going to dominate Nassau! The coaches son is playing for Duke. The town to the south of them is loaded with talent and deep.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GC is not going to dominate Nassau! The coaches son is playing for Duke. The town to the south of them is loaded with talent and deep.

Yup, let's keep up the same silly commentary like you do every year, then go silent once the season ends with another LIC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Mount Sinai have any chance of being decent this year? I know they were decimated by graduation, but wondered if they have anything in the pipeline. No MS parents please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Mount Sinai have any chance of being decent this year? I know they were decimated by graduation, but wondered if they have anything in the pipeline. No MS parents please.

but you are a MS parent lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup, let's keep up the same silly commentary like you do every year, then go silent once the season ends with another LIC
Not the same, because GC has legitimately been the better program in the past. But not this year! The SS 2024 class is significantly better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the same, because GC has legitimately been the better program in the past. But not this year! The SS 2024 class is significantly better.

Based on what? Coaching better? Athletes better? It’s the same thing yearly, never ever pans out. It’s just wishful thinking Cyclone dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just read an online article about a top “2025”player for his position. I’m blown away by the arrogance and absent mindedness of a kid who says he repeated 10th grade and now he’s #1 in his class. I’m typically not sour grapes about kids who reclass but I’ve never seen one so outspoken about his actions. Does he realize he took away the dream of an on age kid who worked just as hard? Was he going to reclass again if he wasn’t #1?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just read an online article about a top “2025”player for his position. I’m blown away by the arrogance and absent mindedness of a kid who says he repeated 10th grade and now he’s #1 in his class. I’m typically not sour grapes about kids who reclass but I’ve never seen one so outspoken about his actions. Does he realize he took away the dream of an on age kid who worked just as hard? Was he going to reclass again if he wasn’t #1?

Would you rather he hide it? The reclass families I know are open and honest about it. They see it as equivalent to hiring tutors for their kids to boost their grades. If he switched from 2024 to 2025 then he opened up an opportunity for another 2024 kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would you rather he hide it? The reclass families I know are open and honest about it. They see it as equivalent to hiring tutors for their kids to boost their grades. If he switched from 2024 to 2025 then he opened up an opportunity for another 2024 kid.

Hiring a tutor to boost grades is the equivalent of hiring a lacrosse coach to to help you with one on one instruction. But if that helps families justify it then so be it. I guess my point isn’t that he should be quiet about repeating a grade but rather more humble and realize it took competing against younger kids to achieve the accolades.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on what? Coaching better? Athletes better? It’s the same thing yearly, never ever pans out. It’s just wishful thinking Cyclone dad.
Based off of going to tournaments, clinics and showcases ,Yes SS has better athletes for this class and No i don't think the coaching is better. in the past i would say Yes it was wishful Thinking. This year its a matter of fact thinking. The SS 2024 class is better. So Trojan Dad be honest with yourself If you were out on those fields you see it also.

Like Reply Quote
Page 256 of 268 1 2 254 255 256 257 258 267 268
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard