BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,456
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 248 of 268 1 2 246 247 248 249 250 267 268
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Chaminade / St Anthony game this week was a slugfest. There is not other team on LI that could come anywhere close to either.

Forgot to sign your name Captain Obvious. Private schools that funnel kids from the two top clubs and also pull from the entire island can beat town teams, very impressive observation.

In theory, you are correct. Teams that recruit, especially perennial all star quality teams that attract all the best players on LI, year after year after year…should be better than town teams who have to play with what they got. Throw in the holdback factor and it’s very obvious, such teams should be in their own league, right? Having said all that, I’m confident that there are a half dozen town teams on the island that can compete with them, town team flaws and all. There are some town teams that absolutely have equal talent to these teams, with one exception: OD of St A’s. Kid is insane.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade / St Anthony game this week was a slugfest. There is not other team on LI that could come anywhere close to either.

I brought my 8th grader to that game and agree. No other team can play with these guys. So deep at every position. Fun to watch! Refs were terrible I will say

I brought my 8th grader to that game and agree. No other team can play with these guys. So deep at every position. Fun to watch! Refs were terrible I will say

I’m curious, St A’s bench player dad, when you say, no other teams on LI can compete with these two teams… what other top LI teams have you actually seen play this year, to make a statement like that, since no team has played more than two games at this point and some teams have played zero games. Hmmm. So you make that statement with absolutely zero knowledge to back it up. Good thing for you this is an anonymous website or you’d be looking like a real troll right now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on, anyone that has been part of the lacrosse scene that last couple of years knows that StA is stacked and Chaminade is not far behind. Yeah, there might be some teams that wont get embarrassed and may win 1 or 2 out of 10, but there is a drop off from those two. And no, not a StA or Chaminade dad (starter or bench)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m curious, St A’s bench player dad, when you say, no other teams on LI can compete with these two teams… what other top LI teams have you actually seen play this year, to make a statement like that, since no team has played more than two games at this point and some teams have played zero games. Hmmm. So you make that statement with absolutely zero knowledge to back it up. Good thing for you this is an anonymous website or you’d be looking like a real troll right now.
Knowledge is that St A and Chaminade are historically loaded teams that pull from a wider talent pool than any team you may think has a shot at beating them and knowledge of club lacrosse on LI would also be enough to know that, yes some schools have talent players but none have as many as Chaminade or St Anthonys. Not original poster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Knowledge is that St A and Chaminade are historically loaded teams that pull from a wider talent pool than any team you may think has a shot at beating them and knowledge of club lacrosse on LI would also be enough to know that, yes some schools have talent players but none have as many as Chaminade or St Anthonys. Not original poster.

Do the Catholics have a share of the prime 2023 and 2024 club team talent? Of course they do. But they don’t have all of it. A large percentage of these top players play for their HS teams. There are about a half dozen HS teams that have 8-10 D1 commits. Anyone of those teams can compete with either catholic school. Do they have the depth of the Catholics? Of course not. But depth doesn’t win games. Players that actually play win games. Depth means nothing unless there are injuries. Assuming all teams are at full strength, the Catholics have all they can handle right here on the island.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can’t play with teams from “history”. We are referring to the hear and now. Players from 1987 aren’t going to help anyone win in 2023. A reputation from 20 years ago, or even last year, has never won any game, ever. Go out and educate yourself about the actual players on the 2023 top teams and come back with a fact based, well thought out, coherent/CURRENT response.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how the Garden City loss to Mt Sinai flew under the radar. That’s a big game on LI. Was a very good game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do the Catholics have a share of the prime 2023 and 2024 club team talent? Of course they do. But they don’t have all of it. A large percentage of these top players play for their HS teams. There are about a half dozen HS teams that have 8-10 D1 commits. Anyone of those teams can compete with either catholic school. Do they have the depth of the Catholics? Of course not. But depth doesn’t win games. Players that actually play win games. Depth means nothing unless there are injuries. Assuming all teams are at full strength, the Catholics have all they can handle right here on the island.

Please explain in depth how "depth doesn't win games" ? Basic question if I run two equally talented midfield lines I wont be fresher in the 4th quarter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

8-10 D1 commits? name 3. Catholics have 20 its just endless. I know you can't judge Catholics vs publics, its not fair. But it is fair to say that no way do they have a chance. No. Way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset is loaded with talent this yr and they play Chaminade later in the season. Can’t wait to see who comes out on top.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing that Massapequa is very weak this season. Did they lose kids to Catholic schools?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing that Massapequa is very weak this season. Did they lose kids to Catholic schools?

Pequa has a good team. Played Chammy tough. They have a difficult NL schedule. Once league play begins, they will be fine. It will be them or Dale for A.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset is loaded with talent this yr and they play Chaminade later in the season. Can’t wait to see who comes out on top.
They had an all-time talented team last year, won the NYS title, and the game with Chammy wasn't even close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3rd string manhasset daddy acting funny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Forgot to sign your name Captain Obvious. Private schools that funnel kids from the two top clubs and also pull from the entire island can beat town teams, very impressive observation.

In theory, you are correct. Teams that recruit, especially perennial all star quality teams that attract all the best players on LI, year after year after year…should be better than town teams who have to play with what they got. Throw in the holdback factor and it’s very obvious, such teams should be in their own league, right? Having said all that, I’m confident that there are a half dozen town teams on the island that can compete with them, town team flaws and all. There are some town teams that absolutely have equal talent to these teams, with one exception: OD of St A’s. Kid is insane.

detest to break it to all you public school parents but you are in a big pool with low odds. Just look at the college rosters. Vast majority are private school. Clealry there are exceptions for the top 1% players. The rest should plan to PG to join the rest of the pet school recalls crowd.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pequa has a good team. Played Chammy tough. They have a difficult NL schedule. Once league play begins, they will be fine. It will be them or Dale for A.

Please stop reading the box score in Newsday and thinking that 15-9 means the game was close. The Chiefs goalie stood on his head for the entire game and Chammy still let the third and fourth lines play the fourth quarter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They had an all-time talented team last year, won the NYS title, and the game with Chammy wasn't even close.

Manhasset "state titles" cmon....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree Pequa is an average team. They will beat most teams in a weak conference but struggle vs the better programs on LI . They do not have the coaching or depth to compete with the top teams .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. Not much 2023 talent and no 2024 talent. Not going to sugar coat this. Team is not “average”. Team is flat out bad. Completely blown out by halftime, in two of their three games. Will struggle to get to 500 this year. Next year they will struggle to win “any” games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All talent at The Catholics is at St As and Chaminade. Higher D1 talent D1 don’t go to the rest. Most of the other Catholics don’t even have JV teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa best player hung it up this year also, with that said even with him they still will struggle with most teams out of conference. Conference 1 is nothing like it used to be. I still think Pequa will win Nassau Championship and then lose to whoever comes out of Suffolk for the LIC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how the Garden City loss to Mt Sinai flew under the radar. That’s a big game on LI. Was a very good game

The Garden City loss to Highland Park in Texas last night won't fly under the radar. LOL. The game wasn't even as close as the score indicates. Highland Park was winning 9-5 and closed the game with 7 straight turnovers yet held on to the one goal win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade draws best players from all over long island and will be embarrassed by a public school (Manhasset) this year. St Anthony's and Chaminade should only play Catholic and Prep schools. It's similar to Club National teams that are made to try to beat the best travel programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Garden City loss to Highland Park in Texas last night won't fly under the radar. LOL. The game wasn't even as close as the score indicates. Highland Park was winning 9-5 and closed the game with 7 straight turnovers yet held on to the one goal win.
[quote=Anonymous]Funny how the Garden City loss to Mt Sinai flew under the radar. That’s a big game on LI. Was a very good game

Was 5-4 at half and 9-8 final, HP goalie stood on his head. Pretty close in my book, get over it, gossip girl

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would best player on pequa leave team ? Doesn’t make sense Pequa use to have such a strong lacrosse program

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best offensive player on pequa left. Yes they still have talent on team and young players coming up the system. The issue is the new coaching staff that came onboard last year. They are running the program into the ground. Ask around and you will know why it’s very clear. The team is run like a middle school program. Hoping it’s a matter of time before they right the ship or bring in a new staff. If not then the better kids coming up will definitely go Catholics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best offensive player on pequa left. Yes they still have talent on team and young players coming up the system. The issue is the new coaching staff that came onboard last year. They are running the program into the ground. Ask around and you will know why it’s very clear. The team is run like a middle school program. Hoping it’s a matter of time before they right the ship or bring in a new staff. If not then the better kids coming up will definitely go Catholics.

It seems, not sure if it’s the case. But now more ever before a lot more players in general are going the the Catholics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Funny how the Garden City loss to Mt Sinai flew under the radar. That’s a big game on LI. Was a very good game

Was 5-4 at half and 9-8 final, HP goalie stood on his head. Pretty close in my book, get over it, gossip girl

Dear Anonymous, Down goes Garden City again to The Woodlands (TX). There are 3-4 teams in Texas better than The Woodlands. LOL. A road trip all the way to Texas to get beat twice. It’s going to be a long season for the Trojans. Thanks for embarrassing Long Island. Sincerely, Gossip Girl.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice job LILJ, Port smoked CSH.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dear Anonymous, Down goes Garden City again to The Woodlands (TX). There are 3-4 teams in Texas better than The Woodlands. LOL. A road trip all the way to Texas to get beat twice. It’s going to be a long season for the Trojans. Thanks for embarrassing Long Island. Sincerely, Gossip Girl.
Since you're clearly not from GC why do you think we represent you? We are happy to travel and grow the game. We challenge ourselves and play the best in all states. BTW our school population is 1000 theirs is over 4,000. Go back to you trailer park alone. XOXO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to Chaminade coach Jack Moran on his 600th victory. The man is an institution, and does things the right way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa is very weak, it’s obvious, holes all over the field and their coaching staff in way over their heads for a program of that caliber. No shot at beating Dale.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa is very weak, it’s obvious, holes all over the field and their coaching staff in way over their heads for a program of that caliber. No shot at beating Dale.

I’m going to refrain from trashing the coaches. The last coach won and won a lot but he lost also in his last year. The fact is Massapequa has not had the talent it used to have. Like you said. Holes all over the field It’s been that way for the past few years. Even under the old coach. Yes a great coaching staff can help with that but they can only do so much. The last coach had a problem with it also.
Not sure why there is a lack of talent. Some of the best athletes in town are not playing lacrosse? Is the feeder program broken.? We always had a great feeder program. Is it a combination of everything

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their entire core grew up playing on the same club team, which had poor coaching and mainly played in B tournaments. Unfortunately the players haven’t faced tough competition at the club level, which plays into their ability to compete at the HS level. The core of the other top HS A division teams simply have had more run, much better coaching in the younger years and are battle tested. They knew where their holes were going to be years ago, nothing was done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their entire core grew up playing on the same club team, which had poor coaching and mainly played in B tournaments. Unfortunately the players haven’t faced tough competition at the club level, which plays into their ability to compete at the HS level. The core of the other top HS A division teams simply have had more run, much better coaching in the younger years and are battle tested. They knew where their holes were going to be years ago, nothing was done.

I tend to agree, the more off season lax that player participates makes the average player, a contributing player. Whether or not you subscribe to lax 365 is not the case, it is more so that is what a lot players are doing. Because the better players will be the better players, it’s rounding out the team which makes a team excel in HS. The off season development and the quality of that development make the difference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trust me. The issue is definitely the coaches and not the talent. You will be blown away of what is happening. If you know any players or parents close to the team just ask and you will know details. The team is being run like middle school and everyone is in an uproar.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m not sure what went on with coaching staff, but seems like they went from an outstanding staff to a subpar one. Did the superintendent have a kid on the team that wasn’t getting playing time?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaching is all about getting the most of what you’re dealt with. And more importantly when something isn’t working, to try different things. Watched a Catholic league game today and it was like a PAL game, the players looked completely lost and unaware of what they are supposed to do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa runs one midfield line
y one can run them in ground with midfield line changes and fresh legs
attack left side weak. slow no close stick skills cannot handle man to man pressure.
right side stronger.
best defener to on sideline most of game

Like Reply Quote
Page 248 of 268 1 2 246 247 248 249 250 267 268
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard