BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,464
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 115 of 268 1 2 113 114 115 116 117 267 268
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
gel: a jellylike substance containing a cosmetic, medicinal, or other preparation.

jell: (of people) relate well to one another.

That's your first mistake. 2nd, if you are a town team going to recruiting showcases, well there is another mistake.

The northport coach does have them do tournaments and showcases but his system is flawed. You are going to these evens against select teams from all over the country with kids looking to be seen for college as well as jell with their teams for the coming season. He is inviting kids who will never see the field on varsity let alone play in college and takes the "pay to play" approach so everyone plays equal time. So you are hurting your players who are there for exposure because yes if a college coach is there to see a specific kid he will, but the sidelines aren't full for the teams getting slammed on the 2nd or 3rd day because you haven't won a game due to this.

Originally Posted by America's Game
I think its funny when a high school coach doesnt have the team play together over the summer there are parents that complain the coach doesn't do enough. Then you have high school coaches that have the kids do one or two tournaments over the summer and you have parents complain they do too much.

Meh - town teams should be ENTIRELY about improving a school's program, NOT about individual performances. If you're a player looking for recruiting exposure, there's a whole industry catering to that, and it's called Club, and relying on town team tournaments for exposure means you're doing it wrong. A quality player will have adequate exposure with their school team during regular season and playoff play, where the better players are going to get more time.

BTW, it's "gel"...

SMH - gel is short for gelatin, which comes together when it forms. Using the definitions for the noun forms of a word as a basis for the verb is not always appropriate. That said, either word is appropriate for the connotation, although, personally I prefer gel over jell.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI always takes a lot of shots, thats how you score

The team takes a lot of shots?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mysterious.... GC gets its first win in 3 games and the score is in newsday the same night.... prior 2 games - no box score for days.
More of the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mysterious.... GC gets its first win in 3 games and the score is in newsday the same night.... prior 2 games - no box score for days.
More of the same.

Doesn't the winning team report the scores and if non conference it may take a bit longer. Happens to many other teams, losing team doesn't have control.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More of the same.

Take off the Tin foil hat dude! How badly did they beat your kids team any way?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Harborfields beat Hills West 14-11

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not surprised.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Great game. Back and forth the whole way. The youth of Hills West showed at the end of the game. I

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you go to a school that is MCLA and they plan of going NCAA, do your years before they become NCAA count against eligibility or could you use graduate school as a forum to continue playing.

Wasnt thinking UTAH but it works for UTAH

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
If you go to a school that is MCLA and they plan of going NCAA, do your years before they become NCAA count against eligibility or could you use graduate school as a forum to continue playing.

I am pretty certain that in Lacrosse, you only have 4 years of eligibility in a 5 year period once you attend any college even if you do not play lacrosse. If someone else knows differently, please chime in but I am pretty sure of this.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Port v Pequa for the A title so far

thought this was a joke at first but then I looked at their schedule and I do not see a team on the schedule that will even challenge them, They will be undefeated going into the LIC and I doubt WM or SW can stay with them - anything less than an undefeated state championship for this squad would be a huge disappointment

nobody beating Port this year, No Shore tried and went down in flames 13-12 - Port will not be challenged until LIC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thought this was a joke at first but then I looked at their schedule and I do not see a team on the schedule that will even challenge them, They will be undefeated going into the LIC and I doubt WM or SW can stay with them - anything less than an undefeated state championship for this squad would be a huge disappointment

nobody beating Port this year, No Shore tried and went down in flames 13-12 - Port will not be challenged until LIC

Port barely beat North Shore. You hitting that bottle again in your desk draw.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes that is correct once you enroll in college the 5 year clock starts . How ever playing for a junior college does not start that clock.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hold on there cowboy I agree that for a student body of about 1550 your schedule is soft. However you might be suffering from a delusion of grandeur.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes that is correct once you enroll in college the 5 year clock starts . How ever playing for a junior college does not start that clock.

Junior college counts in your 4 years of eligibility!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

playing a year in Jr College uses a year of eligibility - the question was if you play a year of club do you use up a year of eligibility

Like Reply Quote
(NA) Re: Boys High School Lax
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

If you play JUCO, those years are counted towards your eligibility if you are enrolled in at least 12 credits which is would be assumed considering you need to be enrolled into 12 credits in order to be eligible. I had a few Nassau & Herkimer (Junior Colleges) transfers and they too can only play 4 Total years of college lacrosse within the 5 year clock unless of course you serve in the military before or during college in which then that stops the clock.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hold on there cowboy I agree that for a student body of about 1550 your schedule is soft. However you might be suffering from a delusion of grandeur.

So of the so called big schools port has the lowest

Massapequa enrollment 9-12 2262
Syosset enrollment 9-12 2084
Farmingdale enrollment 9-12 1920
Port enrollment 9-12 1626

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by TM@BOTC

I am pretty certain that in Lacrosse, you only have 4 years of eligibility in a 5 year period once you attend any college even if you do not play lacrosse. If someone else knows differently, please chime in but I am pretty sure of this.

you are correct - once you enroll in a college full time your five year clock starts, even if you do not play (or play club) they do have exceptions.....Casey Carroll of Duke : A three-year starter and two-time All-American for Duke’s close defense … Started his career with the Blue Devils in the fall of 2003 and graduated from Duke in 2007 … Went on to serve in the 3rd BN 75th Ranger Regiment of the US Army from 2007-12 … Returned to Duke in the fall of 2012 and suffered a torn ACL prior to the 2013 season … Hit the field again Feb. 8, 2014 after a medical redshirt for the first time since May 28, 2007 – a span of 2,447 days … Played in 77 games with 60 starts … Amassed 214 ground balls along with two goals and two assists … Was a member of two NCAA Championship teams (2013, 2014), four Duke teams that advanced to championship weekend (2005, 2007, 2013, 2014) and two NCAA runner-up squads.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade beat Pequa convincingly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset no match for St. Anthonys today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You think 8-5 is convincingly. I would say a club team beating a town team by 3 is a very close game. Considering the fact that Chaminade has the best players around according to their dads.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You think 8-5 is convincingly. I would say a club team beating a town team by 3 is a very close game. Considering the fact that Chaminade has the best players around according to their dads.

It was 8-2 and never close. WM next up and that will be an easy win Chaminade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You won first half, Pequa out played you second half

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some great games in Suffolk A
Ward Melville vs West Islip
Smithtown West vs Northport
Hills East vs Smith East
Quott vs Cmack

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pequa needs to fix off the field stuff, some kids need to fix their life style or be cut.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No it was 8-5.

Chaminade vs Massapequa Score

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown West vs Northport
Hills East vs Smith East
Quott vs Cmack

What's the over/under on WI shots tomorrow?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

it was 8-5. You must have been hitting the red cup pretty hard to miss three goals there slick.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Chaminade beat Pequa convincingly

it was 8-5. You must have been hitting the red cup pretty hard to miss three goals there slick. [/quote

At one point the game was 8-2 Chaminade with about 4 minutes to go in the game. The final score of 8-5 was the result of a couple of irrelevant goals after Chaminade dominated the first 44 minutes. It was never close as an 8-5 score would indicate. The only facet of the game where Massapequa competed was at FO. I am no Chaminade no, but that is the simple truth. Watch the game on news 12 Varisty to make your own determination.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset....11 - 4 Loss to New Canaan

Gonna be a Lon year for all the Lax daddies

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade was the better team yesterday, great talent, but to say the last 3 goals were irrelevant is wrong. you dominated first half only. Pequa needs help on offense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Chaminade was the better team yesterday, great talent, but to say the last 3 goals were irrelevant is wrong. you dominated first half only. Pequa needs help on offense.[/quote)

If these exact teams played 10X. Chaminade would win 10X. Like I said, I am no fan of Chaminade. The game was not close.

Maybe for the next one Pequa can borrow one Chaminade’s red, gold or white midfield lines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Chaminade was the better team yesterday, great talent, but to say the last 3 goals were irrelevant is wrong. you dominated first half only. Pequa needs help on offense.[/quote)

If these exact teams played 10X. Chaminade would win 10X. Like I said, I am no fan of Chaminade. The game was not close.

Maybe for the next one Pequa can borrow one Chaminade’s red, gold or white midfield lines.

Anybody who has a 2018er and played club, knows the talent that is there this year. It is unmatched, just a special year for the red and gold and they play well together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset....11 - 4 Loss to New Canaan

Gonna be a Lon year for all the Lax daddies

just as Lon as every other year, about two months

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anybody who has a 2018er and played club, knows the talent that is there this year. It is unmatched, just a special year for the red and gold and they play well together.

I would say many 2018 players and parents would disagree. There is talent in that age group but probably less than other years. In all honesty this particular senior class has garnered some great accolades but mostly at a younger age. A lot of lax daddies and coaches pulling favors for those early commitments. Sme of those players that had been anointed as the best players in 7th and and 8th grade have not been that impressive. There are a few factors that early commitments especially 8th/9th graders face. Do they grow, do they stay healthy, and do they continue to improve their game. For some of these players size is an issue, for others their health. The other thing is skill. Many of these kids were ahead of other players skill wise at a young age, so they looked dominant. As the years have passed the gap in skill level has been closed and on some cases they have been overtaken. Yet now you take a very good group of players who all happen to play on the same team at Chaminade since 9th grade. Yes they look good how could they not with the talent they have. Yet as individuals they are not as good as many want you to believe. They do not have anywhere near the individual talent other teams have had.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any scores back from today's games?