BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,523
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
BOTC MAIN FORUM (LI, CT, WC) Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2031-5th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 4 hours ago
Igloo lost by 5 today to Express. 91/Express taking over this group.
481 109,658 more...
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 4 hours ago
That last good S2S team was 2023! They will be history soon!
622 135,537 more...
MARYLAND FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys High School Anonymous 6 hours ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
With regards to the Loyola goalie situation, the whole thing is absurd. The senior who started is by far the superior goalie and he should be playing the whole game. This is the MIAA A Conference, the toughest conference in the country. No team varsity should be splitting goalie time. This isn’t HoCo Sunday lacrosse. The only reason this has been going on is that the junior dad is buddies with Ford and threw a hissy fit when his son wasn’t playing. It’s a complete joke that Haus lets this happen. Not only
is Ford responsible for the clown show offense, but he also has his tentacles on the goalie situation.

And, no, not related to the senior goalie. My kid graduated last year where we had 3 senior goalies, each one could have started, but we only played one.
Wait until next year when you have to deal with JV Goalie dad. You think it’s bad now.

they are leaving LB
13,034 3,406,665 more...
PENNSYLVANIA FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity Anonymous 8 hours ago
Prep beat Roman 31-2 ?!? Is there some bad blood there for some reason? I get that they are somewhat close in geographic proximity but are they really rivals? Seriously... After getting up by 25 goals or so maybe call off the dogs. Bad look for the coaching staff to keep pouring it on, particularly against an inner-city school like Roman where I'd be willing to bet 99% of the kids never played prior to high school.

I agree. That is ridiculous. That is more embarrassing for SJP.
3,231 1,034,870 more...
Re: Girls High School Anonymous 9 hours ago
Perhaps not. But unless you are looking to play lacrosse at Harvard or Princeton, going to a public affords you the same opportunity to play in college at the same schools. Since this is a lacrosse forum, if you are good enough to play and you go to Century or Glenelg, even South Hagerstown or Pikesville, you can go to Maryland, Carolina, Cuse, Loyola, Florida, even Duke and Northwestern. You'll receive the same college education as your teammate whose parent spent 100k over 4 years with the same level of athletic/academic scholarship. You'll have the same college network post graduation.

Unfortunately you are sadly mistaken.
The network starts in private high school.
Evidently you just don’t know.
5,158 1,394,064 more...
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Re: Girl's 2027 Grades - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 10 hours ago
I agree that it can be a really rough go for some. The speed and physicality can take some time to adjust to and no one can really predict their daughters trajectory. I think that's where good parenting comes in. It's a great life lesson to develop some resilience and adversity. It certainly frames how bad they (not us) want it.
177 39,000 more...
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 10 hours ago
Isn't True Ches a combo of last years VLC team and the non-Fly in True Annapolis/Chesapeke team of the last few years? A national/regional team that competes against our local MD teams.

So wait. Your point is that 2029 Crabs/LTRC, FCA, Hawks, Next Level...do NOT have kids from the whole region? Wow. Great point. Granted - completely naive and wrong.
HIs/her whole point about True Ches being regional like none of the other teams in HoCo are regional (add Madlax to the list) is pretty nonsensical.

Those teams might have 1 or 2 that put in a long drive. Not half the team! Those parents and kids are driving more than they are playing, add their circuit teams, etc….you guys are some real laxers and should be proud of yourselves. 🤡How many other teams have separate practice locations on the same day in different regions? I am pretty sure all the other teams practice together on the same day, time and place.

This is completely non-sensical.
- "Those teams might have 1 or 2 that put in a long drive." What is a "long drive"? 30 minutes? An hour? And there's not a single elite team with 2 or less that fall into a 30-min category. Not even close. Granted, the rest of us don't have the complete rosters and home addresses like you apparently do. I'm sure you have a file folder of birth certificates and everyone's academic class schedules as well.
- "Those parents and kids are driving more than they are playing." Is that always a bad thing? Could there ever be a reason for a family to decide to do that?
- What teams have different practice locations on the same day in different locations? Was it a one-off? Was there a special reason?
- The clown picture is a nice selfie.

My kid is an elite player. We travel 90 minutes each way for practice because there are no elite teams where we live. He spent his first 4 years playing on a lower-tiered team until it became so ridiculous how much faster he was developing than his teammates. It was either, be the best player on a terrible team or be challenged. We should have started making the 90 minute trek sooner. He's getting exactly what he needs and has to work for his playing time.

Although we have considered dropping him to the 2030's where he could dominate and collect all of those middle school trophies by beating up on younger kids.
Isn't True Ches a combo of last years VLC team and the non-Fly in True Annapolis/Chesapeke team of the last few years? A national/regional team that competes against our local MD teams.

So wait. Your point is that 2029 Crabs/LTRC, FCA, Hawks, Next Level...do NOT have kids from the whole region? Wow. Great point. Granted - completely naive and wrong.
HIs/her whole point about True Ches being regional like none of the other teams in HoCo are regional (add Madlax to the list) is pretty nonsensical.

Those teams might have 1 or 2 that put in a long drive. Not half the team! Those parents and kids are driving more than they are playing, add their circuit teams, etc….you guys are some real laxers and should be proud of yourselves. 🤡How many other teams have separate practice locations on the same day in different regions? I am pretty sure all the other teams practice together on the same day, time and place.

This is completely non-sensical.
- "Those teams might have 1 or 2 that put in a long drive." What is a "long drive"? 30 minutes? An hour? And there's not a single elite team with 2 or less that fall into a 30-min category. Not even close. Granted, the rest of us don't have the complete rosters and home addresses like you apparently do. I'm sure you have a file folder of birth certificates and everyone's academic class schedules as well.
- "Those parents and kids are driving more than they are playing." Is that always a bad thing? Could there ever be a reason for a family to decide to do that?
- What teams have different practice locations on the same day in different locations? Was it a one-off? Was there a special reason?
- The clown picture is a nice selfie.

My kid is an elite player. We travel 90 minutes each way for practice because there are no elite teams where we live. He spent his first 4 years playing on a lower-tiered team until it became so ridiculous how much faster he was developing than his teammates. It was either, be the best player on a terrible team or be challenged. We should have started making the 90 minute trek sooner. He's getting exactly what he needs and has to work for his playing time.

Although we have considered dropping him to the 2030's where he could dominate and collect all of those middle school trophies by beating up on younger kids.

Keep telling yourself everybody else does it, your kids believe you now. Let us know what they say in a couple years when they realize their childhood afternoons and weekends are spent in cars. Elite lacrosse and affordable housing does not co-exist. Enjoy the family time and raising your boys sitting in traffic! But hey, your house your rules. I’m sure your sons love your enthusiasm for elite lacrosse.
2,559 548,969 more...
Re: Boys High School Lax Anonymous 11 hours ago
Correction SJB is 14-2. The kids lost to HHH early in the season and were pissed because they “should have beat them.”

Doubt the kids cared about a scrimmage. And Suffolks top scorer didn’t play so who cares. Well some adults do I suppose. lol.
10,727 4,256,600 more...
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse Anonymous 11 hours ago
<Michael Jackson Eating Popcorn>
All of us eating popcorn. Who knew, Greeley is the cess pool of lacrosse. The town equivalent of Predators.
3,978 1,927,653 more...
Re: Girls 2025-11th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 20 hours ago
So we get that JS's team was basically all recruited top25 D1. What about YJ's other 2025 teams? Distant or are they pretty close?

All YJ goalies committed to D1 👏🏽
28 10,680 more...
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 07:39 PM
I’m no fan of ML but I disagree with your analysis. If you look at ML’s record other than the Hawks all of their games we’re very close including a 7-4 loss to the Crabs (91 lost to the crabs 1-12). I think the Hawks loss was an anomaly- possibly due to kids missing that weekend or possibly because the Hawks offense just matched up better against ML defense. Unfortunately the FCA concussion controversy drowned out the analysis of the ml/hawks game. I’d love to know what happened. It amazes me that the ML who gave the Crabs its closest game all season gets utterly destroyed by the Hawks.

pp here and you make a good point. is the "real" MadLax the team that played Crabs close, or the team blown out by Hawks?
we will find out tomorrow when ML plays 91, and next week when they play DCE. if ML is close in ability to Crabs, then they should run over those two teams pretty easily.

my prediction is that MadLax will have a hard time getting its fly-ins to come in force for tomorrow's game. MadLax is closed out from making the playoffs, 91 Maryland is not a particularly exciting opponent, and it is a late game (6:30-8) that would likely require staying over Saturday night. I bet MadLax is bringing its best possible roster for their grudge match next week against DCE. But if I were a family from Florida, Michigan, etc. i would take a pass on this one.
10,385 2,088,232 more...
Re: Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 06:56 PM
That 8th spot could go several different ways. There are 5 teams that still have 2 games left and 2 of those teams are currently in the top 8.
971 294,965 more...
NEW JERSEY FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: High School Boys Lacrosse - New Jersey Anonymous Yesterday at 05:11 PM
Tri State Pirates seeded 1st and Caldwell Cheifs seeded 2nd going into ECT
290 89,784 more...
PLAYER OF THE WEEK Jump to new posts
OFFENSIVE BAG AS BIG AS AN OCEAN🌊 Thirdy@BOTC Yesterday at 02:56 PM
OFFENSIVE BAG AS BIG AS AN OCEAN🌊

With her showcasing a bit of her bag with last week's performance, Top-Ranked senior @kaylagilmoree_ has earned #BackoftheCage Player of the Week for Week 3 of the season!
0 31 more...
BRICK WALL OF HILLS WEST🧱😤 Thirdy@BOTC Yesterday at 02:55 PM
BRICK WALL OF HILLS WEST🧱😤

After demonstrating a defensive showcase of his own last week, @salsantoro_5 of @hhhlaxclub has earned the #BackoftheCage Player of the Week for Week 3 of the season!!
0 21 more...
Re: Girls High School Lax Anonymous Yesterday at 01:18 AM
Did someone say Empire?

Hahaha…meant empire games
8,567 3,075,023 more...
Re: Boys 2025-11th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 12:48 AM
Top end D3 significantly may be better fit than D2 and bottom half D1 depending on the player.

Completely disagree. Unless your son is going to a NESCAC. And yes, low D1 can be tough, but high D2 is serious lacrosse. Go watch the Adelphi v Bentley game today.

Academics are average to below average at most D-2 schools

Agreed. And there are a ton of great academic D3's in addition to the NESCAC schools - Swarthmore, Babson, MIT, Washington & Lee, etc.

That is not your average comparison. That is a 1500 Sat and 99 average minimum.

Agree. With everything said. High end D2 has some very good lax. Agree that the schools are not academic powerhouses. For the average student who is very good at lax. It is a good option. Also some of those D2 schools offer a ton of money
It’s not for everyone. As is with high end D3.( that is for the really good lax player who excels in the classroom)
Every kid travels a different path. Guide yours to their best option.

That is the most factual post I have read in a while. Yes, academics are a factor, but there are ideal fits for players who might be very hard workers and just not straight A students. And schools like Mercy, Pace, Adelphi, etc etc can offer good money, and a great experience.
398 70,264 more...
BOTC Player of the Week | Week 2 | Boys Thirdy@BOTC
After putting out a CLINIC last week and currently 2nd in overall points and goals in the island, @kole_lemke has earned #BackOfTheCage Long Island Boys' Player of the Week for week 2 of the season!

SOMEONE SIGN THIS MAN😤💪
0 35 more...
BOTC Player of the Week | Week 2 Thirdy@BOTC
After her MONSTROUS performance on their dominating W against Kellenberg where she tallied 7 goals and 4 assists (she contributed 11 out of their 16 points). @tesscalabriaa is #BackOfTheCage Long Island High School Girls' Player of the Week for week 2 of the season!

@friars_lacrosse remains undefeated and remains on top! UNC got HER😤💪

#HSLax #Lacrosse
0 29 more...
Re: Boys 2031 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous
Next Level is only one in the 2031 Elite without Dad coaches
419 105,454 more...
Re: Girls 2027-9th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous
It’s true. I was at both games. FS had many starters out that game in Tampa.
207 50,707 more...
Re: Boys 2032-4th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous
Yeah Rebel kids will run to a team they dominate. 91 run is over, face it.
359 65,494 more...
Re: Boys 2033-3rd Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous
What is ECE33?
17 4,201 more...
Re: Boys 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous
I am going to protest that qualifier games are not included in the rankings.
956 182,782 more...
Re: Boys 2030-6th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous
Thanks, Mother Theresa. The point of this site is for people to come on here and complain about what they think is wrong. Sounds like your kid is on the bottom half of a B team roster, and you are disgruntled that picking daisies between whistles is his favorite pastime. Outside of Rebel parents nobody on here thinks their kid is going D1 or getting money. We all enjoy watching our kids, but it's good to keep the competitive juices flowing among adults. Enjoy the bouquet your kid picked for Mother's Day.
249 59,108 more...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Today's Visitors
4 members (TM@BOTC, JimSection1, abowden, BiggLax), 4,187 guests, and 4,726 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod