BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,482
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 253 of 260 1 2 251 252 253 254 255 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Barring a huge upset, playoffs look set:

Hawks and Crabs as the 1 and 2 seeds that will eventually meet in the finals.

FCA as the 3 seed and NL as the four. Only drama in the standings is if Madlax or DCE are 5th or 6th place. Madlax seems better. DCE kids might have made a mistake.

Or maybe DCE made the mistake? Maybe things will change in the summer.

Yes, it appears DCE may have jumped the gun with their big ML package deal as they continue to give up an avalanche of goals.

Hard for ML to crow too much, however, as they are still winless despite their Elkridge Airlift.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will be interesting to see if the MadLax fly ins continue to come now that they are 0-3. Might be a nice change for 91 or Team Money to pick up a win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kids that came over to DCE from Madlax are mostly of average at best size and without blazing speed. Those types of players are nice depth, but don’t equate to wins in the elite division. The crabs model of just take the biggest, strongest, and oldest kids at tryouts is the better path to winning games rather than the kids who have played club since second grade but are average athletes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will be interesting to see if the MadLax fly ins continue to come now that they are 0-3. Might be a nice change for 91 or Team Money to pick up a win.

I assume they will. It's not as if the HOCO finals were going to be broadcast live on ESPN2 or draw college coaches, so whatever convinced them that it was worthwhile to fly in for the prior games should still hold. And as much as it may pain people to admit it, their games have been competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCE gets killed by FCA. I would take FCA -4. DCE is allowing 9 goals per game including allowing 5 points by team 91 (possibly the worst offense in the division). Additionaly, both teams played the Hawks FCA allowed only 6 goals whereas DCE allowed 11. In 8th grade lacrosse you score what the other team let’s you score and DCE let’s the other team score a lot.

NL narrowly beats ML. ML is the exception that proves the rule great defense but underpowered offense. This game will produce a soccer score of 3-2 (possibly in double overtime) I would not bet this game.

The other games are pretty much a lock with the top of the division playing the bottom dwellers. However, the games will be much closer than expected as I think both the Crabs and Hawks will give significant field time to their bench players.

Ultimately I don’t think any of this matters as the Hawks have a mortal lock on the championship (but let’s hope I’m wrong) End of the season prediction:

1.Hawks
2. Crabs
3. FCA
4. NL
5. ML
6.DCE
7.Team 91
8. Team Money

Monday recap: I was basically on point last week. DCE crushed by FCA. NL squeaked by ML with a 4Q goal. I will deduct some points on the basis that I blew the o/u on the ML vNL game. (I’d love to see some analysis on how two teams who have struggled to put points on the board all season was able to put together a 13 goal game)

I believe my analysis of DCE was validated- terrible defense. I’m interested in what the team is going to do about it in the summer- I assume a reshuffle between the orange and black team. Whatever they do they will have to make major changes as you can’t go to top tournaments with that.

As for the totally predictable results from the other games. You have to wonder if there aren’t better teams in the AAA division.

End of the season prediction (unchanged):

1.Hawks
2. Crabs
3. FCA
4. NL
5. ML
6.DCE
7.Team 91
8. Team Money

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I assume they will. It's not as if the HOCO finals were going to be broadcast live on ESPN2 or draw college coaches, so whatever convinced them that it was worthwhile to fly in for the prior games should still hold. And as much as it may pain people to admit it, their games have been competitive.

Maybe they just wanted good competition and weren’t ruled by the glory of winning an 8th grade lacrosse game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCE gets killed by FCA. I would take FCA -4. DCE is allowing 9 goals per game including allowing 5 points by team 91 (possibly the worst offense in the division). Additionaly, both teams played the Hawks FCA allowed only 6 goals whereas DCE allowed 11. In 8th grade lacrosse you score what the other team let’s you score and DCE let’s the other team score a lot.

NL narrowly beats ML. ML is the exception that proves the rule great defense but underpowered offense. This game will produce a soccer score of 3-2 (possibly in double overtime) I would not bet this game.

The other games are pretty much a lock with the top of the division playing the bottom dwellers. However, the games will be much closer than expected as I think both the Crabs and Hawks will give significant field time to their bench players.

Ultimately I don’t think any of this matters as the Hawks have a mortal lock on the championship (but let’s hope I’m wrong) End of the season prediction:

1.Hawks
2. Crabs
3. FCA
4. NL
5. ML
6.DCE
7.Team 91
8. Team Money

Monday recap: I was basically on point last week. DCE crushed by FCA. NL squeaked by ML with a 4Q goal. I will deduct some points on the basis that I blew the o/u on the ML vNL game. (I’d love to see some analysis on how two teams who have struggled to put points on the board all season was able to put together a 13 goal game)

I believe my analysis of DCE was validated- terrible defense. I’m interested in what the team is going to do about it in the summer- I assume a reshuffle between the orange and black team. Whatever they do they will have to make major changes as you can’t go to top tournaments with that.

As for the totally predictable results from the other games. You have to wonder if there aren’t better teams in the AAA division.

1.Hawks
2. Crabs
3. FCA
4. NL
5. ML
6.DCE
7.Team 91
8. Team Money

Keep up the Monday recap!

Do you think Madlax will actually play both games next week?
How close will FCA and Team 91 be?
Do you know if DCE Orange would have defenders?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe they just wanted good competition and weren’t ruled by the glory of winning an 8th grade lacrosse game.

Re-read my comment, that was exactly my point. Something convinced them that it was worthwhile to make the trip and play in these games, and I doubt it was belief that there was some massive upside to winning the Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference championship.

Maybe they wanted to play against good comp, maybe they have family out here and it's a good excuse to come visit, maybe the parents and their kids enjoy traveling together, maybe they think CM's support will help position them for showcases or college recruiting down the line, or whatever. They decided this made sense for them so I don't think their losing record would change that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1.Hawks
2. Crabs
3. FCA
4. NL
5. ML
6.DCE
7.Team 91
8. Team Money

1.Hawks
2. Crabs
3. FCA
4. NL
5. ML
6.DCE
7.Team 91
8. Team Money

We have played DCE 4x since October. Last fall, and even earlier this spring, their Defense was rock solid. It kept them in games, and gave our guys fits. But ever since, they’ve been terrible. Not sure if they’re working on something new (if so, they should abandon ASAP), or they lost players, or what. Clearly not headed in the right direction. I don’t know who their coaches are, but the trend is not their friend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good theory on paper, but report back in a few weeks whether it bears out.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, because if there is any club that is out there just to have fun and revel in the joy of good-spirited competition, it is definitely MadLax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1.Hawks
2. Crabs
3. FCA
4. NL
5. ML
6.DCE
7.Team 91
8. Team Money

1.Hawks
2. Crabs
3. FCA
4. NL
5. ML
6.DCE
7.Team 91
8. Team Money

We have played DCE 4x since October. Last fall, and even earlier this spring, their Defense was rock solid. It kept them in games, and gave our guys fits. But ever since, they’ve been terrible. Not sure if they’re working on something new (if so, they should abandon ASAP), or they lost players, or what. Clearly not headed in the right direction. I don’t know who their coaches are, but the trend is not their friend.

My kid has friends on the team and they have not lost players. So that should help you with your answer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Score predictions for next weekend

NL 13-Money 6
Crabs 15- DCE 6
Hawks 14-ML 7
FCA 14- 91 5

AAA

Clips 20-Blue claws 1
DCE Orange 14-Cannons 2
FCA white 11-Prostart 2
Team Maryland 14- Crabs Blue 6

NOT 100% sure about AAA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Score predictions for next weekend

NL 13-Money 6
Crabs 15- DCE 6
Hawks 14-ML 7
FCA 14- 91 5

AAA

Clips 20-Blue claws 1
DCE Orange 14-Cannons 2
FCA white 11-Prostart 2
Team Maryland 14- Crabs Blue 6

NOT 100% sure about AAA

Hawks haven't been running it up on people and ML has played low-scoring games overall, so I'd take ML+7. And 19 goals seems like a ton so I'd take Blue Claws +19.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1.Hawks
2. Crabs
3. FCA
4. NL
5. ML
6.DCE
7.Team 91
8. Team Money

1.Hawks
2. Crabs
3. FCA
4. NL
5. ML
6.DCE
7.Team 91
8. Team Money

Keep up the Monday recap!

Do you think Madlax will actually play both games next week?
How close will FCA and Team 91 be?
Do you know if DCE Orange would have defenders?

Excellent questions. Answers:

Do you think Madlax will actually play both games next week? No way. smoke and mirrors (ie, fly ins) only works when you win games.
How close will FCA and Team 91 be? not close enough to be in doubt, but closer than you think. 91 has good goaltending, and according to this board, ran a zone defense against the Hawks which helps keep games from becoming blowouts.
Do you know if DCE Orange would have defenders?[/quote] Of course they have defenders (and FO and goalies) and I assume there will be an influx of new players at all positions trying out for DCE Black from both the inside and the outside for summer tournaments and of course summer tryouts. There are only two serious local programs in the 2028 class (NL and DCE) and I expect everyone with college aspirations will want to be on one or the other for high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any word on the FCA kid who got injured is he back?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax needs more holdbacks if they ever want to compete with Hawks again!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax hasn't competed with Hawks for a while now and never will again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea not since the 27 team became the 28 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax crying about holdbacks is high comedy, since the team was carried by one for years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax crying about holdbacks is high comedy, since the team was carried by one for years.

The ML dads' strongest argument for 3? 4? years was "He's not technically *quite* a double holdback, and all the kids in his family are big boned." (Cartman voice).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw the crabs insta feed and that very good lefty attack ate ML goalie for lunch while he was inside and outside the cage. I can't imagine the ML parents were happy with that post. I don't have a dog in the fight, but know both those teams well.

Re ML v NL: aside from ML's FO guy, who is good and travels from way out of town and 2 good lefty middies and decent defense, I don't see how they are going to beat NL. NL has an equally good FO player, if not better, very good mids and LSMs and far better attack and goalie.

Maybe NL flops, which is known to happen, but ML is no powerhouse team. Certain players never seem to come off the field that should and the coaching.....well, we all know the nonsense on the sidelines.
You mean the Crabs lefty who started at Crabs, went to FCA, held back and then back to Crabs....oh yeah....solid!

He's the new, most-obvious holdback flavor of the week. I'm sure the kids parents are very proud of their 15 year old.

Layoff the kid and his family. Holdback whining is done for 2028s. HoCo rules allow 15 year olds to play. And it helps the on age 14 and 13 year olds get ready to play against much older kids next year.

Yeah the on age kid(s) cut to make room for him are really getting a hand up from club lax. They'll be so much more ready for HS now!

There are many kids in AAA who are better than Elite players. And those AAA kids are getting valuable game reps against excellent competition with fewer holdbacks. If kids on Crabs attack depth chart want more minutes they can work for it or play AAA. That may be a blow to parents' ego but still better for kid's development.

I think the caveat is that there are many 1st and 2nd line AAA kids who are better than 3rd line elite kids. But not usually bigger, to be fair. And at the lower end of elite, certain coaches' sons should not even have made their team, and everybody knows it. Even when the Dad Coaches are Lax Legends lol. So, there's minimum 6-10 kids in Elite ball who we all know shouldn't be there, just based on that metric alone.

The fact that a handful of 2028 AA players (and good numbers of AAA players) have made elite rosters every year for the past four years should make that take not very controversial, but yes it is heresy here on BOTC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw the crabs insta feed and that very good lefty attack ate ML goalie for lunch while he was inside and outside the cage. I can't imagine the ML parents were happy with that post. I don't have a dog in the fight, but know both those teams well.

Re ML v NL: aside from ML's FO guy, who is good and travels from way out of town and 2 good lefty middies and decent defense, I don't see how they are going to beat NL. NL has an equally good FO player, if not better, very good mids and LSMs and far better attack and goalie.

Maybe NL flops, which is known to happen, but ML is no powerhouse team. Certain players never seem to come off the field that should and the coaching.....well, we all know the nonsense on the sidelines.
You mean the Crabs lefty who started at Crabs, went to FCA, held back and then back to Crabs....oh yeah....solid!

He's the new, most-obvious holdback flavor of the week. I'm sure the kids parents are very proud of their 15 year old.

Layoff the kid and his family. Holdback whining is done for 2028s. HoCo rules allow 15 year olds to play. And it helps the on age 14 and 13 year olds get ready to play against much older kids next year.

Yeah the on age kid(s) cut to make room for him are really getting a hand up from club lax. They'll be so much more ready for HS now!

There are many kids in AAA who are better than Elite players. And those AAA kids are getting valuable game reps against excellent competition with fewer holdbacks. If kids on Crabs attack depth chart want more minutes they can work for it or play AAA. That may be a blow to parents' ego but still better for kid's development.

I think the caveat is that there are many 1st and 2nd line AAA kids who are better than 3rd line elite kids. But not usually bigger, to be fair. And at the lower end of elite, certain coaches' sons should not even have made their team, and everybody knows it. Even when the Dad Coaches are Lax Legends lol. So, there's minimum 6-10 kids in Elite ball who we all know shouldn't be there, just based on that metric alone.

The fact that a handful of 2028 AA players (and good numbers of AAA players) have made elite rosters every year for the past four years should make that take not very controversial, but yes it is heresy here on BOTC.
For years there was a CLEAR disparity between AAA and Elite, despite what parents of AAA teams like to think.

However- with the arrival of puberty, and AAA kids holding back— yes, the line is getting more blurred. Some AAA kids will turn into student athletes with puberty and they’ll be more than ready for Elite. And frankly, there are kids at Elite who have not benefitted from puberty— and unfortunately, the Elite division has simply left them behind. It might be another year or two for them to catch up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For years there was a CLEAR disparity between AAA and Elite, despite what parents of AAA teams like to think.

However- with the arrival of puberty, and AAA kids holding back— yes, the line is getting more blurred. Some AAA kids will turn into student athletes with puberty and they’ll be more than ready for Elite. And frankly, there are kids at Elite who have not benefitted from puberty— and unfortunately, the Elite division has simply left them behind. It might be another year or two for them to catch up

I don't think there is anyone arguing that AAA teams are generally as good as Elite teams (though I think a Clippers vs. 91 or Team Money matchup would be a coin toss), but the idea that every player on an Elite team is better than every player on an AAA team seems silly.

We've played on AAA and Elite teams, and in both cases there were a handful of kids on the team who were difference makers but the bulk were good but somewhat interchangeable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By 8th grade most of the kids who are good enough to play on elite teams - have made elite teams.

there are also between 3-5 kids on each of the better elite teams that have no business on the roster and are just there for whatever reason.

Additionally, this matters for a few more weeks then these boys are in high school and no one cares.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This weeks lines for HOCO

No interesting matchups this week as the bottom half of the division faces off with the top half. I would predict that the scores would be closer than expected as I would assume the stronger teams would give significant playing time to bench players. However, that has not been true all season (if anybody knows why I’d like to hear it). On to the match ups:

FCA v team 91. FCA -6 The division’s third best offense faces off against the division’s second worst defense. I expect plenty of scoring on the part of FCA and a lot of disappointment on the part of team 91.

Crabs v DCE. Crabs -8. My analysis for this game is the same as my analysis for DCE’s last game. In eighth grade you score what the defense let’s you score andDCE’s defense allows a lot.

ML v Hawks. Halwks -4. It what passes for this week’s most interesting matchup, perennial championship contender hawks faces off against what is probably the second best defense in the division. This game is make a break for Madlax as a loss with seals their fate and leave them out of the playoffs. Can they pull off the upset? Probably not.

Team money v NL. NL -6. After an amazing 4th come from behind the boys of NL have their confidence back.

Team Money v. ML. ML - 3. It might surprise some people that I have the game at -3 as team money is deservedly in the last place in the division. But ML has a problem scoring and I don’t see that changing this week.

I will omit this week’s final standings prediction as everyone knows what it will be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forget the club pipeline @ChillLaxin. Go to HS where you are most comfortable, have friends, are wanted, and can contribute.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No interesting matchups this week as the bottom half of the division faces off with the top half. I would predict that the scores would be closer than expected as I would assume the stronger teams would give significant playing time to bench players. However, that has not been true all season (if anybody knows why I’d like to hear it). On to the match ups:

FCA v team 91. FCA -6 The division’s third best offense faces off against the division’s second worst defense. I expect plenty of scoring on the part of FCA and a lot of disappointment on the part of team 91.

Crabs v DCE. Crabs -8. My analysis for this game is the same as my analysis for DCE’s last game. In eighth grade you score what the defense let’s you score andDCE’s defense allows a lot.

ML v Hawks. Halwks -4. It what passes for this week’s most interesting matchup, perennial championship contender hawks faces off against what is probably the second best defense in the division. This game is make a break for Madlax as a loss with seals their fate and leave them out of the playoffs. Can they pull off the upset? Probably not.

Team money v NL. NL -6. After an amazing 4th come from behind the boys of NL have their confidence back.

Team Money v. ML. ML - 3. It might surprise some people that I have the game at -3 as team money is deservedly in the last place in the division. But ML has a problem scoring and I don’t see that changing this week.

I will omit this week’s final standings prediction as everyone knows what it will be.

Don’t understand your rationale that ML will lose by only 4 to Hawks, but only beat TM by 3.

FCA beats 91 by a score of 12-4, assuming their FOGO is not out with injury

Hawks beat ML 12-4. ML can’t score, and you’re giving Madlax D too much credit against prob the best team in the nation

Crabs 10, DCE 7. Another loss for DCE, but this one will be in doubt till late

NL12, Money 5. Team Money just isn’t very good, and NL boys are riding high. Apparently the theatre was high quality vs Madlax last week

Madlax 9, Money 5. Both offenses are bad. Madlax D better than Money’s Dd

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t understand your rationale that ML will lose by only 4 to Hawks, but only beat TM by 3.

FCA beats 91 by a score of 12-4, assuming their FOGO is not out with injury

Hawks beat ML 12-4. ML can’t score, and you’re giving Madlax D too much credit against prob the best team in the nation

Crabs 10, DCE 7. Another loss for DCE, but this one will be in doubt till late

NL12, Money 5. Team Money just isn’t very good, and NL boys are riding high. Apparently the theatre was high quality vs Madlax last week

Madlax 9, Money 5. Both offenses are bad. Madlax D better than Money’s Dd

Strongly disagree on score of Crabs v DCE. Crabs have not given up more than 4pts in a game and scoring about 12 points per game. 10-2 crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Re-read my comment, that was exactly my point. Something convinced them that it was worthwhile to make the trip and play in these games, and I doubt it was belief that there was some massive upside to winning the Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference championship.

Maybe they wanted to play against good comp, maybe they have family out here and it's a good excuse to come visit, maybe the parents and their kids enjoy traveling together, maybe they think CM's support will help position them for showcases or college recruiting down the line, or whatever. They decided this made sense for them so I don't think their losing record would change that.

My bad, I misread what you wrote.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait, what is this reasonable admission of a minor misunderstanding on this board?

I'll tell you the truth, I'm a little confused by your tactics. I'm gonna keep acting tough until I figure it out, alright?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NP, I see your point but I just don't think it is true. visiting relatives in DC or Baltimore and traveling as a family is nice, but not for eight weeks in a row. these families are coming for the lacrosse experience, and being on a winning team is fun and a losing team is depressing, especially for the hard core competitive types who would commit to the investment in the first place. I expect that Madlax will have trouble fielding a team for the final half of the season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NP, I see your point but I just don't think it is true. visiting relatives in DC or Baltimore and traveling as a family is nice, but not for eight weeks in a row. these families are coming for the lacrosse experience, and being on a winning team is fun and a losing team is depressing, especially for the hard core competitive types who would commit to the investment in the first place. I expect that Madlax will have trouble fielding a team for the final half of the season.

If your kid is ready to give up because he lost three games to three top teams by a combined total of five goals, you've got bigger problems than lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your kid is ready to give up because he lost three games to three top teams by a combined total of five goals, you've got bigger problems than lacrosse.

I mean, if you continue to drop hundreds if not thousands of dollars every weekend on airfare/hotel/car rental/meals to spend every weekend flying in to play 8th grade lacrosse out of state for a soon to be 0-4 team, maybe lacrosse is your biggest problem. Just sayin'.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is a reason ML rescheduled their game from last week. They rescheduled for the same week they play the Hawks. I suspect ML will have all fly-ins, including kids that have never donned a ML uniform. They dangle two games to make it worth their while. I could be wrong, but give me ML -4.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By 8th grade most of the kids who are good enough to play on elite teams - have made elite teams.

there are also between 3-5 kids on each of the better elite teams that have no business on the roster and are just there for whatever reason.

Additionally, this matters for a few more weeks then these boys are in high school and no one cares.

At this age things change over a few months. I see "B" team kids now bigger than "A" team kids at games from this past fall.

I am curious what changes we might see in the summer tournaments.

But your statement of when these kids are in High School is right on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For sure there is a motive. Are the rosters accessible? Do the hawks coaches have the ability to pull rosters and check? Does anyone in the league stand up to that program?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For sure there is a motive. Are the rosters accessible? Do the hawks coaches have the ability to pull rosters and check? Does anyone in the league stand up to that program?

In Hoco the roster check process is annoying (I believe $50 cash to the official before first whistle) and the vast majority of country club (or country club wanna be) club coaches consider roster checks "ungentlemanly" and won't do it, even when the players, parents, and coaches know there are violations with the other team. For instance, a 9th grade teacher in the stands for a 2028 game sees 2-3 of her (2027) students suiting up for the 2028 game.

If memory serves (disclaimer), only ML, VLC, and various True teams have been successfully roster checked (violations found) over the years the 2028s have been playing in Hoco. Everybody else operating on the fringe of the rule book has kind of skated by.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In Hoco the roster check process is annoying (I believe $50 cash to the official before first whistle) and the vast majority of country club (or country club wanna be) club coaches consider roster checks "ungentlemanly" and won't do it, even when the players, parents, and coaches know there are violations with the other team. For instance, a 9th grade teacher in the stands for a 2028 game sees 2-3 of her (2027) students suiting up for the 2028 game.

If memory serves (disclaimer), only ML, VLC, and various True teams have been successfully roster checked (violations found) over the years the 2028s have been playing in Hoco. Everybody else operating on the fringe of the rule book has kind of skated by.

You get that $50 back if you're right:

PLAYER ELIGIBILITY
Any team rostering an ineligible player shall automatically forfeit each game in which the player participated
and/or appeared on the official roster. If a team uses a player under an assumed name, that team shall be
suspended from the league. Each game played with that player and all scheduled games not played shall be
forfeited to the opponents.
Protests as to the use of an ineligible player must be made within 48 hours of game time during the regular
season and within one hour of post-season play. A $50 protest fee is required. The protest must be submitted
in writing to the Conference Commissioner. The protest fee will be refunded if the protest is successful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Cabell.... just sit back, relax, and letttt it happen

Like Reply Quote
Page 253 of 260 1 2 251 252 253 254 255 259 260
Quick Reply