Originally Posted by Anonymous
It will be interesting to see if the MadLax fly ins continue to come now that they are 0-3. Might be a nice change for 91 or Team Money to pick up a win.

I assume they will. It's not as if the HOCO finals were going to be broadcast live on ESPN2 or draw college coaches, so whatever convinced them that it was worthwhile to fly in for the prior games should still hold. And as much as it may pain people to admit it, their games have been competitive.

Maybe they just wanted good competition and weren’t ruled by the glory of winning an 8th grade lacrosse game.

Re-read my comment, that was exactly my point. Something convinced them that it was worthwhile to make the trip and play in these games, and I doubt it was belief that there was some massive upside to winning the Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference championship.

Maybe they wanted to play against good comp, maybe they have family out here and it's a good excuse to come visit, maybe the parents and their kids enjoy traveling together, maybe they think CM's support will help position them for showcases or college recruiting down the line, or whatever. They decided this made sense for them so I don't think their losing record would change that.

My bad, I misread what you wrote.

NP, I see your point but I just don't think it is true. visiting relatives in DC or Baltimore and traveling as a family is nice, but not for eight weeks in a row. these families are coming for the lacrosse experience, and being on a winning team is fun and a losing team is depressing, especially for the hard core competitive types who would commit to the investment in the first place. I expect that Madlax will have trouble fielding a team for the final half of the season.