New question. Having just gone through this with 2 defensive kids I was wondering how people feel about the topic of “which position is easiest to get recruited at showcases, tournaments, and prospect day, with just sheer talent and not relying on connections, club affiliations and high school name”. I know it’s impossible to separate the two. My kids did fine in the recruiting game but I sometimes wonder if their road would have been easier if they played a different position. I know some of them are harder because a college will only recruit one (goalie, LsM , fogo) but which position is easiest to “stand out”. I’ll go first:

-goalie: a student goalie can stand out in a showcase but you can also best pick up on mechanics as well
-fogo: if you dominate you draw eyes
-attack: a lot of goal scorers out there but a transcendent attackman can stand out
-middie:
-LsM: I feel most are a dime a dozen but there have been a few game changers
-defense: I believe the hardest to recruit. The standouts will get recruited (size and speed) but the esoteric stuff like IQ, slides etc will never get someone recruited at a showcase. If you “did your job” that don’t get you recruited. I feel lik this is the position where connections or high school or club association is sorely needed
-SSDM: this seems real tough to get recruited

Just curious how other would rank the position where it is easiest to “stand out”