Originally Posted by Anonymous
In my long history with lacrosse, it was/is a skill game played among closely-aged peers, but always multiple grades. Some played up, some played down based on skill, speed, strength, and size, none of which are driven by exact birth year exclusively. May we reserve this fancy nancy crap for the soccer forum, please?

If you are referring to the word 'Fair" as fancy nancy then yes sir we are fancy nancy. Yes life is not fair but most god fearing people work towards a fair system for all. I have never once seen any one on hear argue that a kid should not be able to play up a year. As long as a kid can play up this solves all the Pro hold back peoples issues. All the guys who say I like my son to be pushed, I like my son to play with bigger stronger players. Well feel free play Johnny up a age bracket feel free.
Oh and a side note do you call youth tackle football Fancy Nacy? Because most football leagues have age and weight rules. And even the ones who go no weight limit do have a age cut off.

2016_age_weight_chart