Originally Posted by Anonymous
Correction: YOU want the kids at an event to be roughly the same age. The college coaches couldn't care less. So you are just tilting at windmills.

Tilting at windmills? Have you heard of a growth chart? Drs at Hopkins have, maybe not lax coach. It shows that your 1999 b'day, 5'10", 170 lbs kid is done growing. My on age 2019, born in 2001, 5'8", 140 lbs kid will be 6'. While your son looks bigger while playing down, my son will have D1 size.

AGE matters, particularly relative to growth. Stop cheating and teach your kid a real life lesson about competing with dignity

I have given up on stopping the cheating I have moved on to someway of Marking the reclass kids. If they had to wear a band or marking of some kind to show they are 18 months older I could deal with this issue just fine. That way when my on age son knocks the older kid down he gets double credit.

Again, who is this Marking for? So you can feel better? The college coaches know how old every kid on the field is.

I agree this Marking would make me feel a lot better. And this Marking would let the College guys know in real time who is older. I agree they find out the age but not tell after they fall in love with the kid. I am betting if they knew in real time while they are watching the older kids they would be way more impressed with the on age kid who just blew by the 3 older reclass kids. But when the older reclass kid scores on three on age kids he will also think twice. And once again this is all for the college guys and what helps them scout. I am just saying these Marking are a huge help for them. Its only fair form them to have all the info in real time. We are giving them the grad year in real time correct. So they should have the ages in real time also. And if there is no shame in reclassing no one should be upset if they have a reclass mark for all to see.