Originally Posted by Anonymous
For goalies try to get on a team that plays the highest level of competition. AA completion shots are faster and more accurate. A level below that and B level and below shots are softer and less accurate and many times right at the goale. Goalies are better off on a lower level AA team or an A team that plays AA teams too where he will see a lot of shots. I have seen many young goalies playing on the best teams not see shots in the younger years and by 7 or 8 grade they are on B teams. To see which teams give goalie training you have to look at the web sites. I think the cold spring harbor located team we are not allowed to mention here and the starts with an F has goalie training. You are much better off getting personal one on one rather than trust any club with training a goalie.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
First year doing travel. My kid is a goalie. I would say solid B/B+ skill level. Thoughts on teams that actually put time into their goalies? Looking to continue to develop his skills.

It's not about the level of the team. Your kid will get better from the coaching and training.