BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,934
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 150 of 327 1 2 148 149 150 151 152 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
For now..... Wait until Thorn schools everybody in how to get the best out of her girls. Look at what she's done for us at ESM over the past few years.

Agreed 100%. Skakandi had choked in big games with CSH.

Thorn might be an excellent coach, I have no experience with her but the results so far do not support your comments. I will take Skakandi any day and that is in support of her as a coach, not a shot at Thorn. The first game between these teams would have been a 20+ goal differential if not for the sportsmanship showed by a fellow member of the same club. Again, not taking shots at the kids or the coach, just supporting Skakandi as you attempted to tear her down.
the only thing Thorn is schooling anyone on is how to curse at refs, belittle your team, and play head games with players. If Thorn is lucky she may win a handful of games next year and that's not bc of her ability to coach it's bc the girls are being coached by better coaches outside of ESM. More then half the girls don't even want to play for her the younger ones will soon feel that same angst too! She has some GREAT players but doesn't know how to get the best out of anyone this was her year to go all the way but instead her lack of coaching abilities caused her a loss!!!

Untrue, I am a parent on her team. She has developed a good relationship so far with her team, they respect her, she respects them and she has been very appropriate with them, and at times she would of been justified in being a little tougher on the girls, but she wasn't. She expresses her expectations calmly and the girls really like her, and the college assistants that come from ESM (the girls who help out; know their stuff and have interacted with the girls between games and keep it fun).

She has been great with the equal playing time, as both her and Skakandi met with the parents briefly in the beginning of the season and made that clear that their number one priority at this age was equal playing time.

The team needs more time together as they have had only several practices and 3 tournaments. Every girl's skills have improved, but I think most will agree that the girls need a great deal of stick work. Her last two practices have addressed this, and I assume she will continue addressing this moving forward. There are some very good athletes on the team, and as the sticks get better the team will start getting more of those w's.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Passive aggressive?? Did I say anything about YJ? Not a recruiter, want the teams to remain and battle for years to come.

yes , you did. you said they did not play all the kids , but elevate did. Read your post for clarification. That is , passive aggressively , putting down the jackets.

and the long island ducks would love to play the Yankees everyday too . If you knock other programs , expect some truth back at ya. I think you get the picture .

As a TG parent this is exactly why people have issues with YJ and their culture. The 2021 Elevate team beat us and it was a good game and we would like to play them again as it is always good to play strong competition. The YJ team beat Elevate at the Cure 3-2 but uses the analogy that Elevate playing YJ is like the Ducks playing the Yankees? Why couldn't a 2021 YJ parent admit that it was a good game that was decided by a goal instead of putting the other team down and making it as if it wasn't competitive. Is that the culture that the YJ club breeds? Why would anyone want to be part of that?

I agree the comparison and belittling of another program is not necessary and I am a YJ parent. That being said, the prior posts on the Elevate and YJ 2021 games were not accurate and made excuses for the three losses. The excuse was YJ played only it's "top" players and that is simply not true. I watched all three games and YJ had balanced playing time, has been that way for 2 years and 12 plus tourneys between the summer and fall seasons. All the girls played 40% or more in each of the three games, again, balanced. Just leave it as three competitive games, hopefully it will continue as it is good for the development of both teams and do not make excuses. At the end of the day, 0-3 is what the issue is and had to be because YJ played a win at all costs style and we did not. Unfortunately the above YJ parent took the bait and went below the line.

not true my kid did not get equal time.

Of course it is NOT true - YJ was trying to win a playoff game and they were down 1-0 to start the game. They aren't and shouldn't be giving kids equal time and I know CR would agree with that 100%! Equal playing time in a playoff game is not the YJ way and everyone knows that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Passive aggressive?? Did I say anything about YJ? Not a recruiter, want the teams to remain and battle for years to come.

yes , you did. you said they did not play all the kids , but elevate did. Read your post for clarification. That is , passive aggressively , putting down the jackets.

and the long island ducks would love to play the Yankees everyday too . If you knock other programs , expect some truth back at ya. I think you get the picture .

As a TG parent this is exactly why people have issues with YJ and their culture. The 2021 Elevate team beat us and it was a good game and we would like to play them again as it is always good to play strong competition. The YJ team beat Elevate at the Cure 3-2 but uses the analogy that Elevate playing YJ is like the Ducks playing the Yankees? Why couldn't a 2021 YJ parent admit that it was a good game that was decided by a goal instead of putting the other team down and making it as if it wasn't competitive. Is that the culture that the YJ club breeds? Why would anyone want to be part of that?

I agree the comparison and belittling of another program is not necessary and I am a YJ parent. That being said, the prior posts on the Elevate and YJ 2021 games were not accurate and made excuses for the three losses. The excuse was YJ played only it's "top" players and that is simply not true. I watched all three games and YJ had balanced playing time, has been that way for 2 years and 12 plus tourneys between the summer and fall seasons. All the girls played 40% or more in each of the three games, again, balanced. Just leave it as three competitive games, hopefully it will continue as it is good for the development of both teams and do not make excuses. At the end of the day, 0-3 is what the issue is and had to be because YJ played a win at all costs style and we did not. Unfortunately the above YJ parent took the bait and went below the line.

Of course it is NOT true - YJ was trying to win a playoff game and they were down 1-0 to start the game. They aren't and shouldn't be giving kids equal time and I know CR would agree with that 100%! Equal playing time in a playoff game is not the YJ way and everyone knows that.

Yj didnt give girls equal playing time at a showcase vs topguns because they wanted to win so badly. and they stalled the last 2 minutes of game and won by 1 goal. fact 2016 age.... at the naval academy last october

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For now..... Wait until Thorn schools everybody in how to get the best out of her girls. Look at what she's done for us at ESM over the past few years.

Thorn might be an excellent coach, I have no experience with her but the results so far do not support your comments. I will take Skakandi any day and that is in support of her as a coach, not a shot at Thorn. The first game between these teams would have been a 20+ goal differential if not for the sportsmanship showed by a fellow member of the same club. Again, not taking shots at the kids or the coach, just supporting Skakandi as you attempted to tear her down.

Your comparing a team that has played together a year with one that is new. And there was no sportsmanship, both teams played until the end. Your goalie saved you. Your defense is weak. Watched your girls run to goal and miss shots, I thought they just weren't that good, I didn't know that was sportsmanship.

Well I guess we disagree. 13-5 with each goalie playing a half. Also a heads-up that when they call yellow, they are not allowed to shoot and they played that way for much of the second half. I'll take two championships in three tourneys and this group of girls, parents and coaches . Best of luck, I wish all the teams the best of success.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The post said balanced not equal. For the Elevate folks on this thread, look to your own playing time. First middies took a several minute break after starting the game and played the rest of the game. Best defender played almost every minute. I saw more win at all costs from Elevate than YJ.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The driving force starting with 2020 to put teams together at such a young age has been driven by F&F. As she has expanded to younger and younger ages the initial teams have used lots of F&F to get it started. Would I know there was a new younger team starting if it was my first kid starting lacrosse, probably not. Everyone knew because siblings played in the older age groups and if you get in early you have a better shot of holding blue than earning it at a later date especially if you are a twitter follower, go to the luncheon, do the clinics, winter league and personal training.

Maybe the younger siblings join early because most likely they will be at those fields anyway so why not play. Maybe those young ones join because they idolize some of the older kids and want to be like them.Maybe they just like playing lacrosse and hanging out with kids their age at these tournaments. Please tell us because you know whats best for our kids and all of our reasons for having a kid play lax what age is the correct age for every kid to start playing travel.F and F only applies to TG coaches as far as I see. How many college boys are going to coach at TG , I hear they are bringing hammocks so they will be more comfortable during the games.

Your colors shine through with every post you write.
This well discussed topic is not a YJ vs TG fight as you always try to make it. You said maybe.......(readers can review your post themselves). To those points I say maybe your right. However maybe (most likely) many parents place their kids out of fear as several posters already eluded to.
Now if you want to beat the perverbial YJ vs TG battle to death you can be my guest but most people want to discuss the actual issues and maybe she'd some light on the injustices that have and continue to take place. Since this is the YJ thread these discussions are more than appropriate and frankly way over due.

I am trying to keep the conversation above the line, so perhaps I need an id to differentiate my posts from all of the negative, name calling folks on this thread. It appears my experience has been so different than the folks with what appear to be legitimate concerns. I cannot verify them and must take them at face value. However, I am neither friend or family, have only one daughter to put through the program and my child will not attend any of the schools represented by LIYJ directors and/or coaches. We joined in 4th grade because my research on top programs lead me to YJ and to date the 2021 blue experience has been fantastic. No parent coach, equal playing time for everyone in almost every game for two years and no drama that I can see. Like I posted earlier, 20% of the girls changed year over year so there are opportunities to make the top team if you do not join in 4th grade. There were also two players with older siblings in the YJ program that were not back on the blue team this year. Perhaps a F&F list exists somewhere but I cannot discern how you qualify yet. As for girls on the team, it is not for me to judge their talent level but I have seen the 2nd team play and only a handful at most currently could be considered on par with the current blue roster. That will change as the girls continue to develop and I expect more changes in the years to come. As for cronyism and nepotism, it exists on every team, club and sport I have played, watched or coached in during my 35 plus years of experience in competitive athletics. That in no way justifies it, but find me an alternative program where it does not exist and I will stand and cheer for their integrity. Absent that option, my personal experience has been so much more good than bad with YJ and will continue with them until I see otherwise.

You're cuckoo . There are girls on blue who do not belong but because of siblings they got on. The rest of the team is good, but there are about 3 that carry the team. If you took off the top 3 you would be equal to the second team. There are girls also training year round with directors. Now those are facts.

If you removed 1 attacker,2 midfielders, 1 defender, 1 goalie , from Skakandi it would be hard to differentiate from Thorn .Really not much difference.

Those are the players that will likely head up the blue in the years to come, most all the rest will be gone, 3 to 5 player turnover per year, with a few years only a few will remain. That's why this is a warning for all of you blabbing about top players, top teams, top club etc..... Most of you are on borrowed time, especially the younger teams. Stop with the pissing match and try to enjoy it while it lasts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of you out there who don't believe that 4-5 kids can control a game and make or break a team are very uninformed, it's that way all through HS (which is PAL without the dead weight)and even at the college level to some extent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]This why Long Island needs a Club league similar to the NYGPl in Maryland. They play a ten game schedule before the tournament season starts, and it shows. It would benefit all of the clubs and girls. Any takers??

That would be great, but clubs won't do it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaching a blue team and winning certainly does not make someone a good coach. Put all the top talent on one team and its hard for a coach to screw up. A good coach on the other hand can take second team players, coach em up and in time produce a better team that actually plays like a team, without girls who hold on to the ball dodging, pulling back re setting, redodging and going to goal yet again. You can have multiple strong players on the field who can all take it to the cage, and you will win some games like that for now, but as they get older that style of play will disappear especially against better teams who can play defense.Down the road bad coaches get exposed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your comparing a team that has played together a year with one that is new. And there was no sportsmanship, both teams played until the end. Your goalie saved you. Your defense is weak. Watched your girls run to goal and miss shots, I thought they just weren't that good, I didn't know that was sportsmanship.

Well I guess we disagree. 13-5 with each goalie playing a half. Also a heads-up that when they call yellow, they are not allowed to shoot and they played that way for much of the second half. I'll take two championships in three tourneys and this group of girls, parents and coaches . Best of luck, I wish all the teams the best of success.

It was 12-6 loser. And don't be surprised when your kid is playing alongside of those girls on the other team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was 12-6 loser. And don't be surprised when your kid is playing alongside of those girls on the other team.

Sticks and stones... take the score up with LFTC website, 13-5 per their records. Unlike the folks tearing down the blue team because their daughter is not on it, I am satisfied to watch her play the game she loves at any level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm embarrassed my daughter shares a field with yours, now please stop

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaching a blue team and winning certainly does not make someone a good coach. Put all the top talent on one team and its hard for a coach to screw up. A good coach on the other hand can take second team players, coach em up and in time produce a better team that actually plays like a team, without girls who hold on to the ball dodging, pulling back re setting, redodging and going to goal yet again. You can have multiple strong players on the field who can all take it to the cage, and you will win some games like that for now, but as they get older that style of play will disappear especially against better teams who can play defense.Down the road bad coaches get exposed.

Agreed, but the point was take it easy on coach Skakandi, she does a great job. Why does Thorn have to be the best coach in the world just because your daughter is on the team? Trying to justify the second team is the place to be because they will get better coaching and will beat the blue team any day now is demeaning to everyone associated with the other team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]This why Long Island needs a Club league similar to the NYGPl in Maryland. They play a ten game schedule before the tournament season starts, and it shows. It would benefit all of the clubs and girls. Any takers??

That would be great, but clubs won't do it?

They would if the consumer demanded it (us). Most "club" kids will not play PAL in the middle school years. Im not disparaging PAL, it serves a need. An "elite" league would also be an additional revenue stream for these clubs. And maybe if we all played each other there would be a different level of respect. Maybe the Long Island board would be as quite as the Maryland board!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey remember when everyone gathered at the rock climbing place in Plainview and the coaches explained that there would be no mud slinging between teams. I 'm pretty sure this is the sort of thing that they were trying to avoid. Now there is no way to no who is posting what ,but please keep in mind that people from other clubs would like nothing more than to instigate trouble between two teams that they have nothing to do with. Please let's act civil to one another no matter what club you are from ,we are talking about our daughters let's lead by example . In a couple of short years they will all be playing together on the same teams be it in High School or College.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed, but the point was take it easy on coach Skakandi, she does a great job. Why does Thorn have to be the best coach in the world just because your daughter is on the team? Trying to justify the second team is the place to be because they will get better coaching and will beat the blue team any day now is demeaning to everyone associated with the other team.

I posted earlier regarding being a parent on Thorn's team and her having a good relationship with her new team…ect..., when someone had bashed her regarding cursing at refs and such, as far as this other nonsense about Thorn schooling her team and such, and Bashing Skakandi and the girls on that team, who-ever is doing that is not helping our (Thorn's) girls out. You are just creating animosity between the other teams. It is embarrassing that you are posting comparisons and even discussing the game at LFTC. We were beat pretty handily and it showed that our team still needs some work, but there were several bright spots during the game when it seemed like it clicked for a little while. Our team can and has played better, but they need to learn to pass on the clear, and set up an offense more often, because when they do that they score, when the ball hogs try to go straight to the net they drop it, and we also have to stop putting the ball on the ground so often (that goes for all the girls).

The blue team has some talent, and its obvious that both Skakandi and Thorn have a pretty good skill set for coaching, especially when coaching 11 year olds. At this level the kids win with solid stick skills and solid fundamental defense and offense.

So if you are legitimately a parent on Thorn's team please stop the nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Memo to above poster, you sound to sane to be on YJ. Parents are here because they are nuts AND they want their kids to be ball hogs. If you are looking for world lacrosse peace I think you are going to be disappointed. Our team is making it but the parents all understand that most sitting next to you are two faced. Its fine as long as you don't trust or get sucked in. Good Luck with your little one because if you are looking for maximum exposure you are in the right place just don't be naive with the other parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Memo to above poster, you sound to sane to be on YJ. Parents are here because they are nuts AND they want their kids to be ball hogs. If you are looking for world lacrosse peace I think you are going to be disappointed. Our team is making it but the parents all understand that most sitting next to you are two faced. Its fine as long as you don't trust or get sucked in. Good Luck with your little one because if you are looking for maximum exposure you are in the right place just don't be naive with the other parents.
I appreciate you calling me sane, obviously I'm not completely sane because to drive to NJ three weeks in a row (and on the belt no less) is insane.

There are plenty of parents who share my viewpoints, both on Thorn and Skakandi. But those parents are the ones who sit on the side lines quietly, lay off the refs and cheer the good plays, including good looks, good goals and especially good defense. Both teams have their share of bad seeds who identify their own self worth by their daughters placement on a specific team.

Good luck to both teams and I hope that we both make the finals of the next tournament so the girls can measure their improvements on both teams since their last meeting. Isn't that what 5th grade lax is about? Improving?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PS- I'm not looking for Lax Peace, just for my kid to get better and exposure in a few more years down the road. Along the way she will also learn that most people suck and shouldn't be trusted. And unfortunately for our society that's a necessary lesson to be learned.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to the Babylon Blast what other teams are going?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Middle school girls got shelled at Brine!! Was that a mostly YJ team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Liberty are going at 2021,2022 age groups

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a PAL tourney, enjoy beating up on town teams and playing against other yj teams - at least you don't have to drive 3-4 hours!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lot of yj and elevate, it's the elevate owners baby (and fundraiser),was nothing but a money grab for that age group, they're trying to cash in on the under armor/school girls tournaments success and plenty are willing to play along

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think mostly Elevate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Heard Middle school girls got shelled at Brine!! Was that a mostly YJ team? [/quote

Got shelled in finals by a team they beat earlier in the week. It was 98% YJ with a couple of other kids (maybe 2 or 3).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People pay big money so they can put it down on their athletic resume. Waste

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think mostly Elevate

I heard the 2017 Elevate girls put on quite an impressive display at Brine!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think mostly Elevate

Almost no Elevate on middle school - Elevate was on 2017s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Heard Middle school girls got shelled at Brine!! Was that a mostly YJ team? [/quote

Got shelled in finals by a team they beat earlier in the week. It was 98% YJ with a couple of other kids (maybe 2 or 3).

Team had about half younger YJ. Had some Liberty, Elevate, and TG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think mostly Elevate

2 Elevate girls on Middle School roster. Team lost in finals to MD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a PAL tourney, enjoy beating up on town teams and playing against other yj teams - at least you don't have to drive 3-4 hours!

It seems liberty is going. They are not PAL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Looking forward to the Babylon Blast what other teams are going?

It seems liberty is going. They are not PAL

Liberty 2020 is going to the Grind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the rosters posted? Couldn't find them on Brine National website. No results there either. Saw on Inside Lacrosse that LI 2017 girls beat Maryland in finals 10-5. Long Island and NJ named co-champs in HS division due to weather cancellations. Pretty good showing by Long Island!

I think mostly Elevate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Should be a little more competitive than the fake recruiting tournament lacrosse by 3. The YJ organization is supporting a local tournament run by another club and you people cannot help but bash them for doing it, if you want to play against YJ why not put your teams in the tournament , not YJ run so should be fair, isnt this what everyone keeps asking for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the rosters posted? Couldn't find them on Brine National website. No results there either. Saw on Inside Lacrosse that LI 2017 girls beat Maryland in finals 10-5. Long Island and NJ named co-champs in HS division due to weather cancellations. Pretty good showing by Long Island!

Heard the Elevate girls scored all 10 goals in that win - is that true?

I think mostly Elevate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think mostly Elevate

I heard the 2017 LONG ISLAND team won.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think mostly Elevate

Brine only good for MS, otherwise, no one cares!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think mostly Elevate

Would love to hear from parents about the camp. Please no one under 2019s. Anyone under that had no business being invited and before you say I'm jealous please realize that everybody knows cr has a lot to do with who goes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think mostly Elevate

But no one cares about middle school so unless you are the organizer pocketing the money its a waste.

Like Reply Quote
Page 150 of 327 1 2 148 149 150 151 152 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard