BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,376
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 31 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 30 31
Re: Conflicts! When HS Coaches Incorporate Summer Tournament Teams in Town
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Put your name to it and stop being a coward

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Put your name to it and stop being a coward

and the pot calls the kettle black...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about youth lacrosse program running fundraisers for the local HS lax program? The HS coach already runs the summer "committed" team program and now parents are urged to further support his HS team at a fundraiser ostensibly organized by the unaffiliated youth program. Sure the youth program "volunteer" organizers are hoping to get lots of brownie points with the coach for setting this up.

That's the joke. They say they are not affiliated - but they are. And it's the HS staffers who are controlling the process by brainwashing the local youth programs. They say such stupid things like you are in the pipeline to becoming a varsity player - at kindergarten!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't Three Village also do the same?? I am sure a bunch of towns do the same type of fund raising for their high school programs. What's the beef?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't Three Village also do the same?? I am sure a bunch of towns do the same type of fund raising for their high school programs. What's the beef?

The beef is that any fund raising that the youth program does should go to the youth program NOT the HS program which does it's own fund raising.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The issue is conflict of interest. He HS coach not only controls summer options but now shakes down the parents as well. And the event is run and attended just to curry favor with the coach. Maybe if your kid is on the bubble to make the team he gets taken because you have (financially) supported the coach in various ways.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The beef is that any fund raising that the youth program does should go to the youth program NOT the HS program which does it's own fund raising.

In Three Village I believe the HS Summer Program is a "for profit business". I do not believe the Three Village Youth Program does any fund raising for that program or for the School Varsity of Junior Varsity Lacrosse Teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone see the [lacrosse]'s Lacrosse flyer (good thru 2/2). How does 3V or WM benefit from that? or the Players profiled/pictured?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone see the [lacrosse]'s Lacrosse flyer (good thru 2/2). How does 3V or WM benefit from that? or the Players profiled/pictured?

Not sure how any of that works.

But I am sure that the following is complete BS:

MISSION:

Three Village Lacrosse is a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote and develop youth lacrosse in the Three Village Community by providing activities and programs that inspire participation and fun for all participants while preserving the integrity of the game. Through proper guidance and exemplary leadership, Three Village Lacrosse assists youth in developing the qualities of citizenship, discipline, teamwork, and physical well-being. By espousing the virtues of character, courage, and loyalty, Three Village Lacrosse is designed to develop outstanding citizens as well as outstanding athletes.
Vision

We envision a future that provides the Three Village Community the opportunity to discover, learn, participate in, enjoy, and ultimately embrace the shared passion of the lacrosse experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In Three Village I believe the HS Summer Program is a "for profit business". I do not believe the Three Village Youth Program does any fund raising for that program or for the School Varsity of Junior Varsity Lacrosse Teams.

You should double check for facts....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I did not state facts. I said I believe. Please tell us which part is not accurate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes there is a conflict of interest. The situation is made far worse when the HS Coach and the parents who run the town youth program collaborate in for profit ventures and activities.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Three Village Lacrosse Board should really take out the words "participate in" for their "vision for the future" considering a large amount of kids are not allowed to participate in their youth program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Three Village Lacrosse Board should really take out the words "participate in" for their "vision for the future" considering a large amount of kids are not allowed to participate in their youth program.

Both the Mission Statement and the Vision are works of fiction so no need to remove anything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I did not state facts. I said I believe. Please tell us which part is not accurate.

Pathetic to see all the chicks gathering around mother hen at the 3v fundraiser. Have a little respect for yourselves!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MISSION:

Three Village Lacrosse is a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote and develop youth lacrosse in the Three Village Community by providing activities and programs that inspire participation and fun for all participants while preserving the integrity of the game. Through proper guidance and exemplary leadership, Three Village Lacrosse assists youth in developing the qualities of citizenship, discipline, teamwork, and physical well-being. By espousing the virtues of character, courage, and loyalty, Three Village Lacrosse is designed to develop outstanding citizens as well as outstanding athletes.
Vision

We envision a future that provides the Three Village Community the opportunity to discover, learn, participate in, enjoy, and ultimately embrace the shared passion of the lacrosse experience.

Be careful 3 Village.........
In order to attain the goals of your mission statement there will be some kids who need to be disciplined and taught the values you have included. The problem is, some of today's parents can not accept that their child is not the most perfect thing on the planet. It only takes ONE nut job parent (As in SWR) to have a coach fired and investigated by the police, DA, FBI etc...all dismissed as complete rubbish mind you but the accused must still defend themselves.
For this reason I believe that kids are missing out on some quality instruction by some quality former players. Back in the day these self important cry babies would have been dealt with accordingly...now they steer the bus. Sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MISSION:

Vision

Be careful 3 Village.........
In order to attain the goals of your mission statement there will be some kids who need to be disciplined and taught the values you have included. The problem is, some of today's parents can not accept that their child is not the most perfect thing on the planet. It only takes ONE nut job parent (As in SWR) to have a coach fired and investigated by the police, DA, FBI etc...all dismissed as complete rubbish mind you but the accused must still defend themselves.
For this reason I believe that kids are missing out on some quality instruction by some quality former players. Back in the day these self important cry babies would have been dealt with accordingly...now they steer the bus. Sad.

In order to attain the goals of the Mission Statement the entire Board would have to be removed. The problem is the "self important / self appointed" members neglected to establish a procedure which would allow the community that they profess to serve to actually vote them out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is definitely a conflict of interest. Not sure how it can be viewed any other way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL / Towns should run their own Summer youth programs. The Smart HS Coaches have branched out to extorting their entire community.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed !

But what if the PAL town (SCGL girls) builds a self proclaimed empire (LAX MAFIA ) and is anti Varsity with program beliefs, Decides they will run their own travel team all the way through to High School with NOT allowing input from varsity coach because they feel he is not committed enough ?? How is that handled by the School coach? A parent coach with no game experience but a lot of willpower and dreams should NOT be able to brainwash the youth organization in thinking his commitment will supercede their success in future school ball.
So question what does a Varsity coach do with being able to control a youth program?

PAL / Towns should run their own Summer youth programs. The Smart HS Coaches have branched out to extorting their entire community.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In some towns you have extortion, coercion and collusion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

don't forget confusion!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know , its a touchy topic. On one hand the Youth program wants to see the Varsity coach show interest. But its a slippery coach. Say the coach runs a travel program , but with just one age group. Has the Varsity coach said he will show loyalty to players who have been with him for years ? What happens if your son is a year older then that group? WHen they get to HS will he lose his spot to a younger player who may be of equal or less talent but has been on the HS coaches travel team for 4 years ? Should this be allowed ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The risk is then the HS coach is literally the kingmaker in the town. To some extent he/she may be that to some extent anyway but allowing the summer piece creates problems. What if you're a good player but, for whatever reason, the coach just doesn't like you or your style of play? You might as well move. At least if you are playing on an unaffiliated club team you have other chances to show what you can do and it is not one person's view dictating your future. On the other hand, if the club team also doesn't like you maybe it's time for tuba lessons in pursuit of the college scholarship.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This has Rocky Point written all over it !

But what if the PAL town (SCGL girls) builds a self proclaimed empire (LAX MAFIA ) and is anti Varsity with program beliefs, Decides they will run their own travel team all the way through to High School with NOT allowing input from varsity coach because they feel he is not committed enough ?? How is that handled by the School coach? A parent coach with no game experience but a lot of willpower and dreams should NOT be able to brainwash the youth organization in thinking his commitment will supercede their success in future school ball.
So question what does a Varsity coach do with being able to control a youth program?

[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

I heard Rocky Point is putting a 5th grade girls team into NCPAL. I would think they would have more than one girls team??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know , its a touchy topic. On one hand the Youth program wants to see the Varsity coach show interest. But its a slippery coach. Say the coach runs a travel program , but with just one age group. Has the Varsity coach said he will show loyalty to players who have been with him for years ? What happens if your son is a year older then that group? WHen they get to HS will he lose his spot to a younger player who may be of equal or less talent but has been on the HS coaches travel team for 4 years ? Should this be allowed ?

No it should not be allowed .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Collusion, Coercion and Extortion. Are those the towns that make up the Three Villages?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Collusion, Coercion and Extortion. Are those the towns that make up the Three Villages?

What years are so fractured in three village. When will the rest of LI see if it impacts the HS. or are these boys headed to the privates anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What years are so fractured in three village. When will the rest of LI see if it impacts the HS. or are these boys headed to the privates anyway.

fractured? Please explain.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RP youth girls LAX has become out of control , a total mess to say the least ! The whole organization has looked upto one individual as the messiah of LAX and it isn't the Varsity coach ! Total Revolution .

I heard Rocky Point is putting a 5th grade girls team into NCPAL. I would think they would have more than one girls team?? [/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In my town the boys play on PAL teams and they also play on summer tournament teams that play in tournaments year round. The kids pay for the tournament 's they attend and don't pay for the ones the miss. The varsity coaches keep there V & JV teams playing together year round as well . That's the way to do it and no profit is involved when it is done with volunteer's and when you divide the # of kids by the tournament registration fee.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are kidding yourself if you think it is not fractured. Even some of the board members have their kids playing for travel teams...express, dune dawgs, outlaws...now tell me it is not fractured if their own kids are not playing for 3village. Stop looking through rosie colored glasses

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are kidding yourself if you think it is not fractured. Even some of the board members have their kids playing for travel teams...express, dune dawgs, outlaws...now tell me it is not fractured if their own kids are not playing for 3village. Stop looking through rosie colored glasses

And then there was silence.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three Village program and community were divided by the ideologues who took control of the league approximately ten years ago. There was a small group within the board who ruined the program with their policies and back room dealings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three Village program and community were divided by the ideologues who took control of the league approximately ten years ago. There was a small group within the board who ruined the program with their policies and back room dealings.

ten years ago? would 2004 be the year that the group that just graduated was in 3rd grade and starting out? if so I only wish my town had a ruined program like that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think they are talking about the youth program not the HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ten years ago? would 2004 be the year that the group that just graduated was in 3rd grade and starting out? if so I only wish my town had a ruined program like that.

Let the HS Coaches coach them in the Spring, let parents and the kids decide where and how they play over the summer. Except for maybe ten programs on LI, what happens on the HS team has nearly zero impact on your son's college lacrosse aspirations. All about summer teams and individual events. If anyone suggests differently, all you need to do is follow the money trail. It will tell you everything you need to know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ward Melville High School has had a great lacrosse program for the past 30 or 40 years. Please do not attempt to tie last years success to the 3Vlax youth lacrosse board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ward Melville High School has had a great lacrosse program for the past 30 or 40 years. Please do not attempt to tie last years success to the 3Vlax youth lacrosse board.

true enough - but they had not won a county title in over ten years and according to the original post that is when the new youth board took over the youth program, and those kids, under the new board rose up and became the number one team in the nation - these are the facts not an opinion, so maybe these policies and back room dealings worked.

Like Reply Quote
Page 11 of 31 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 30 31
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard